Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SURLAW - The SQL: Necro-Vision Presents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I agree Aris, would be cool. Have you seen the sign up list?

I had a couple of ideas. I think I'll just do songs released this year. The other idea I had was to find 20 home performances from artists in quarantine at the moment

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Really enjoying this style of competition. I started thinking about organising one in the future and had the idea of selecting 20 artists from 20 different countries to bring it closer to the Eurovision style - and having in mind that my list would be dominated by pop songs it would also be close to the spirit of Eurovision :D. Not sure if that would be doable, but off the top of my head I can think artists/songs I like from 15 countries so I think we might be on :)

I actually had that idea myself too; I have a provisional list of 26 songs picked from artists from different countries (not all European though, have at least one from each continent....excluding Antarctica, obviously!)

Not sure yet if I'll stick with 26 or try whittle it down to 20 - might need to introduce semi-finals, in yet another Eurovision-esque move! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I agree Aris, would be cool. Have you seen the sign up list?

I had a couple of ideas. I think I'll just do songs released this year. The other idea I had was to find 20 home performances from artists in quarantine at the moment

ah cool!!
    How do I add my name on the list?

I actually had that idea myself too; I have a provisional list of 26 songs picked from artists from different countries (not all European though, have at least one from each continent....excluding Antarctica, obviously!)

Not sure yet if I'll stick with 26 or try whittle it down to 20 - might need to introduce semi-finals, in yet another Eurovision-esque move! :p

yes, we are on the same page Homer.
    Definitely Australia/New Zealand, USA/Canada and a couple from Central and South America.
    I might be able to throw in a couple from Africa and Asia - although there might be more towards the ethnic/world music I used to listen a lot many years ago.
    I like your idea of semi-finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Irish Aris wrote: »
    ah cool!!
    How do I add my name on the list?

Electric nitwit can add you OR you can quote a table, remove quote tags, and edit it to include you.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Electric nitwit can add you OR you can quote a table, remove quote tags, and edit it to include you.

Yeah, that's what I did - quoted Necro and removed the quote tags :)

cool, thank you guys, I just added my name!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Up to 6 entries today, keep em rolling in peeps!!

Necro wrote: »
    Up to 6 entries today, keep em rolling in peeps!!

I think I have my ten, but I haven't culled the other two yet, and I think I have my first place, but 2-5 are all neck and neck. I'll definitely be entering though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There is one reason I'm entering this one. It's to give my favourite song from my favourite band my top points. I'm not even gonna try hide it.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    There is one reason I'm entering this one. It's to give my favourite song from my favourite band my top points. I'm not even gonna try hide it.
    giphy.gif

? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

You got me EN.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I knew you were a big Avalanches fan Molly, I just knew it :D

I'll fire in my votes over the bank holiday weekend some time, if that's ok?
    EDIT: I should read OP's properly, will definitely be in before the 5th!

No panic at all Homer, over a week to go yet :D

Are you revealing in order, a la LeVar?
    If so, I'll submit at 23:59:59 on the 5th, just so I can say:

tenor.gif?itemid=4434958
    Not really, I'll submit once I settle on my ranking

Are you revealing in order, a la LeVar? If so, I'll submit at 23:59:59 on the 5th, just so I can say:

Not sure. Might randomise the ordering entirely once I close sign ups to keep y'all guessing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A Nick Cave song, but not sung by Nick Cave.

Necro, your passive aggressive side is showing.

:D

• Advertisement

3 more entries today to take our tally to a solid 9 now.

Delighted with that with over a week to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I'll definitely get an entry in at some stage, once I find the time to properly listen to them, there are already three songs in that list which I love

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll be entering too, don't let me forget! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Still listening but I live for a deadline :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Finished listening to the 14 playlist for the Greatest Song by a Woman so hopefully be able to listen and sort through this now.

As an aside, this, the Greatest Song..., LeVar-o-vision and Worst song ever have really messed up my Youtube algorithms.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Niska wrote: »
    As an aside, this, the Greatest Song..., LeVar-o-vision and Worst song ever have really messed up my Youtube algorithms.

YouTube Suggestions be like...

giphy.gif

Necro wrote: »
    3 more entries today to take our tally to a solid 9 now.

Delighted with that with over a week to go :D

I’ll be entering. Just haven’t had the time to listen to them all yet.

Entries now total 12 including yours truly ;)

Another week left for entries yet so still LOADS of time to get yours in if you haven't already :D

Edit: Make that 13!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement

Up to 16 entries left with 5 days left to run!!!

Advertisement