Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Drama Character

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's a show I've meant to get around to watching at some point but knowing that the ending was an apparent cluster**** has put me off I think.

The ending is actually pretty decent, a lot of people, myself included, really enjoy it. Based on their arguments on why its a "clusterf**k" most people who dislike it (and I'm not saying everybody, but a lot) actually clearly just didn't understand it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Half the fun of Lost was that it was shown at a very particular time in history. It was after the advent of the internet, but before the advent of on-demand services like Netflix. It meant that the show was shown in weekly installments, but you had the internet to chat to strangers across the world about it. For me, Lost was much more about the fun of the journey it provided than the destination that we got to when it was over.

I'm not sure it would work as well if you just sat down and binged, and didn't have the week long, and sometimes months long (between seasons) conversations and arguments over what it all meant.

The ending is actually pretty decent, a lot of people, myself included, really enjoy it. Based on their arguments on why its a "clusterf**k" most people who dislike it (and I'm not saying everybody, but a lot) actually clearly just didn't understand it.

The approval of Necro and LeVar is sufficient for me.

The approval of Necro and LeVar is sufficient for me.

What about my approval? :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Desmond gets my vote, great character, usually cried in his episodes and his love for penny (I think it was)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

All tied up at 5-5 here, great battle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gangster Chrissy or is it Mikey :p

REEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSOOOOONNNNN! :(

Necro wrote: »
    All tied up at 5-5 here, great battle this.

Great character moving on either way

quickbeam wrote: »
    What about my approval? :(

Haha apologies, I just saw it there.

Necro's, LeVar's and QB's approval is sufficient for me :p

Yay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,564 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Need a reason for it to stick Liz ;)

Chris as he scared me what he capable of doing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Under ten mins left.

Looking like I might have to decide this....

Lol. Never mind. Liz gets her reason in and Christopher whacks Desmond. 6-5 in an enthralling battle.

Fwiw I'd have probably voted Desmond in a tie, best character from LOST imo whereas Chris isn't the best from his show

Match 3

Another tough one for y'all
    Captain Jean Luc Picard - Star Trek TNG & Picard

220px-Patrick_Steward_as_Jean-Luc_Picard_in_1996%27s_Star_Trek_First_Contact.jpg

VS

Daryl Dixon - The Walking Dead

the-walking-dead-season-10-cast-daryl-reedus-700.jpg

Picard because there are four lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Picard. Us bald brothers have gotta stick together. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh what a nasty one! Daryl is my favorite from TWD and behind 7 of 9 it’s Jean Luc is my fav for ST. Ahhhhhhh this sucks!

Ok going to go for Jean Luc/lacutis loved his humanity, Leadership and he’s a little bit sexy, my favorite of all Star Trek captains (admirals), engage!

Lol. Never mind. Liz gets her reason in and Christopher whacks Desmond. 6-5 in an enthralling battle.

Fwiw I'd have probably voted Desmond in a tie, best character from LOST imo whereas Chris isn't the best from his show

th?id=OIP.80wg47sfEk_Xf6DCpMsZtAHaDw&pid=Api&P=0&w=328&h=167

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jean-Luc Picard - he's his own man and not even the Borg can change that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Picard
    Legend of a character deserves to go far in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Picard. A legend. Make it so.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Woah.... Picard with a 6-0 whitewash on Daryl

Daryl a hunter who started out bad but became a leader and top hunter with Rick

Woah.... Picard with a 6-0 whitewash on Daryl

Haha, suck it Daryl!

I do actually quite like Daryl to be fair, but still, suck it!

Match 4

Brains VS Brawn here

Jim Moriarty (Sherlock)

latest?cb=20150601131646

VS

B.A Baracus - The A-Team

340?cb=20110915011222

BA - way more iconic and seems to have an impressive bulge.

Moriarty because he's class and Baracus who was essentially a couple of walking talking catchphrases really doesn't belong here with such a high calibre of characters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

B.A. He was one tough sucka!
    He always looked out for kids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Moriarty, such a brilliant character

Did you miss me....

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

Jim Moriarty - he was good at being naughty.

Advertisement