Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Drama Character

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Captain Malcolm Reynolds,

A space cowboy. Gets my vote

Also,

I think Serenity was a decent send off for the TV series. Good film.

Poor wash and the shepherd, but Jesus, don't bring it back, too much time has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

eldamo wrote: »
    Poor wash and the shepherd, but Jesus, don't bring it back, too much time has passed.

Yeah, felt those were bit needless. Kinda like, well we only get one go at this, let's just kill someone.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mal Reynolds leads 4-1 currently in what will definitely be the last match for tonight.

Just 6 left before I open the Second Chance Showdowns, I'll likely kick things off at 6pm tomorrow.

Mal - just to put us all out of our misery.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Malcolm Reynolds Advances! See you all at 6pm tomorrow evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necro wrote: »

giphy.gif

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Necro wrote: »

Everyone I voted for today progressed to the next round. I might retire now, like with WW, it's not going to get any better for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Captain Tightpants Mal Reynolds

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I predict a Malcolm Reynolds / Walter White final (unless they happen to meet earlier).

Which would be worthy finalists in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

quickbeam wrote: »
    I predict a Malcolm Reynolds / Walter White final (unless they happen to meet earlier).

depends how quick the firefly fanboys are, yeah, some people really love it, but it doesn't have the broad appeal of a sopranos or something like that

i'm just happy they got some representation

mal means bad

• Advertisement

Very possible, there's a lot of love for Firefly out there as evidenced from the Best Sci Fi movie contest.

Kicking off in just over an hour folks, the first match is one I've been looking forward to since the draw I can reveal.

Match 55

Let's kick one off with a firecracker, two phenomenal characters, only one can progress though.

Reminder that it's first to five votes (with reasons)

Jaime Lannister - Game of Thrones

220px-Jaime_Lannister-Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau.jpg

VS

Eric Northman - True Blood

340?cb=20120220011009

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jaime Lannister - both are genuinely great and quite similar characters in many ways, but Jaime's arc is just incredible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Eric from TB, one sexy mo fo, who had a heart at the end of it. Also, never seen GoT

Jaime - everything was done out of love

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jaime Lannister, rightly made the final of the GoT competition and deserves to go far here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Jaime Lannister - great character and I dont know who the other guy is!

Jaime leads 4-1 in this battle so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Jamie
    He grew from a detestable guy to a decent guy, and his friendship with brienne was sweet

Jaime joins his brother Tyrion in Round 2. Could a rematch be on the cards at some point?

• Advertisement

Ser Jaime. I haven't even seen who he's against but he's better.

Match 56

An unconventional character battle here next.

Lucas Hood - Banshee

340?cb=20171031044815

VS

Chuck McGill - Better Call Saul

220px-ChuckMcGillBCS.jpg

Haven't seen 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Chuck McGill - I haven't seen Banshee, but pretty sure Chuck would beat any character in it by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Again, I have only seen one of these so going to go with Chuck McGill. Great foil to Jimmy.

Lucas he was nude alot, sexy beast :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Chuck McGill
    Wonderful performance that deserved some awards, plus i really like the actor too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Damnit, I'd have gone for Eric! :(

Chuck in the top 3 characters in the show, might even have him above mike

• Advertisement

Damnit, I'd have gone for Eric! :(

Me too, another sexy beast, his banter with Pam they deserved a spin off, the show's true MVPs

Advertisement