Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helly Hansen - Any orders Processed

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Order arrived and payment taken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

silver2020 wrote: »
    Almost €2k savings :D

This would be the kind of guy that normally ruins these bargains for everyone.

Thankfully my order arrived and fair play to HH for honouring the orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Yep order arrived today. Great quality and packed perfectly. Many thanks to the OP for the code. 3 hh jackets for €146....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Yeah, I emailed them about mine after the money was unclaimed in my revolut account. I got an email then with a tracking number and the money was returned to my account and then taken 2 days later. Items arrived yesterday and are great quality. Great find OP

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Delivered today, Yipee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Delivered. Excellent gear. Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I had to return a top as it was a bit smaller than expected but it's free returns (pre-paid label) and then they'll send me the top in the next size up.

Great customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    This would be the kind of guy that normally ruins these bargains for everyone.

Thankfully my order arrived and fair play to HH for honouring the orders.

I make no apology whatsoever and had no doubt that they would honor all orders as it was not an error code or mistaken price and neither was it some independent retailer that would be losing money. They also know codes like this will be shared, though usually its friends and family.

Basically at 60% off, they were giving slightly better than standard wholesale prices and were still making a profit. (I used to be in textile trade, so know the margins) They also do about $500m turnover, so a few orders from some Irish guys will not be making a dent in their business

I ordered 14 items for myself and herself, (2 jackets had a rrp of over 1k) so not excessive in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonnyatomic

I make no apology whatsoever and had no doubt that they would honor all orders as it was not an error code or mistaken price and neither was it some independent retailer that would be losing money. They also know codes like this will be shared, though usually its friends and family.

Basically at 60% off, they were giving slightly better than standard wholesale prices and were still making a profit. (I used to be in textile trade, so know the margins) They also do about $500m turnover, so a few orders from some Irish guys will not be making a dent in their business

I ordered 14 items for myself and herself, (2 jackets had a rrp of over 1k) so not excessive in any way.

I agree completely, I ordered €500 worth of gear, I wasn't trying to ruin it for anyone, I wasn't thinking this was a mistake and it'd hardly go through at the time, I didn't even get the code through boards, someone text me. Away from that, Helly Hanson have excellent customer support, had to return a pair of runners and it was so easy, they have new ones shipped already..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I got an email from them asking to review the products I bought. I did one for each item I bought, just very quick multiple choice review. They gave me a 15% off code for each review. Goes up to 20% if you share on social media.

Great stuff from HH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tphase

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    They gave me a 15% off code for each review. Goes up to 20% if you share on social media.
    unfortunately it doesn't work on stuff that's already discounted which is fair enough but it's not made clear in the email

"Write a review and get 15% off on your next purchase.
    For 20% off please write and share your review!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got a pair of boots with this offer, but had to return them..... posted them 2 weeks ago.... since then, no acknowledgement of receipt, and no refund.

I've emailed, no reply.
    I've tweeted and DM'd, no response.
    Their Irish phone line seems to have been disabled.
    I can't get FB messenger to work.

I appreciate there may be delays at the moment, no problem at all with that - but the fact that the items are gone and there's complete radio silence is a bit worrying.

I'm very surprised tbh, I'd have expected much better customer service from them - which is making me even more worried!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could try?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I got a pair of boots with this offer, but had to return them..... posted them 2 weeks ago.... since then, no acknowledgement of receipt, and no refund.

I've emailed, no reply.

I appreciate there may be delays at the moment, no problem at all with that - but the fact that the items are gone and there's complete radio silence is a bit worrying.

I'm very surprised tbh, I'd have expected much better customer service from them - which is making me even more worried!

Their parent company had a turnover of $14.3 BILLION last year and profits of $329 Million. So i think its fairly safe.

I would suspect that the delivery of your package took over a week due to current delays around Europe and with many companies operating on shoestring staff, email may not be answered.

Here's the uk number 00 44 115 896 2388

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

She's so lucky to have such a benevolent partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

I've emailed, no reply.

ive returned hiking shoes.(wrong size) i filled out the reason why before returning them. ive since received the new size up. very quick turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

I've emailed, no reply.

I have had the same experience, ordered 2 items, were too large so returned about 4 weeks ago, would have preferred to go a size down but out of stock. No acknowledgement of return or refund and hard to get in contact with.

Similar here.

I returned 3 items
    1 for exchange & 2 for refund

The exchange was processed pretty quickly but I'm still waiting on the refund!

Have emailed twice & have had no luck with the phone.

Just got them on the phone right now if anyone has been trying to get them

Refund gone through now (he blamed the warehouse not scanning them)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I should have updated my earlier post!

After that, I eventually got a reply to my tweet, then the refund went through, then about five days later I got a reply to my email (which had been the first communiction attempt).

Clearly their systems are all massively slowed down at the moment.

Anyway, happy ending (which is what I would have expected from them, the complete inability to get in contact about it was what concerned me).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I bought a few more bits using the 15% code given for a simple review.

I have 3 more of them if anyone wants one. They can't be used together (tried that!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Is there anyone still waiting on a refund? I sent the jacket back on the 12/06 and haven't heard anything or had a reply to my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

It happened to me, you need to call them and then they will put through the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I sent them an email for boots I returned that they sent me the wrong size of. Took a week to answer but 5 days later I got the exchange. Under the circumstances thats fine. Pleased with my purchases and thanks again to the OP, be sure to share a code again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

SNNUS wrote: »
    It happened to me, you need to call them and then they will put through the refund.

Thanks, seems to have worked, they said it'll be in the account Monday.

Advertisement