Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Q2 Pro Mesh WiFi 3-pack - £139.99

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jim salter wrote: »
    Has anyone used : devolo Magic 2–2400 WiFi next: Ultimate powerline Starter Kit

Considering getting this set - any real world experience reviews when using with 1Gb BB?

Why not just go TP-link Deco P9, for same money you are getting 3 devices

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The Devolo offers passthrough and looks a bit neater.

One of the drawbacks is that the Delovo does not offer backwards compatibility - which isn't a problem for me tbh as I have AV200 and AV500 TP link devices which have been quite flaky in the past.

That said the M4 is on sale for £109 on Amazon at the moment.

Anyone used one of these: TP Link RE650 AC2600?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Anyone used one of these: TP Link RE650 AC2600?

Do you plan on connecting it by ethernet? If not I would avoid as repeating and mesh are not the same thing. Repeating slows your connection

Do you plan on connecting it by ethernet? If not I would avoid as repeating and mesh are not the same thing. Repeating slows your connection

Yeah, considering connecting by Ethernet as the wireless NICs on most of my equipment is not at the 802.11ac level (most of my wireless NICs are 802.11b/a/g/n - up to 450Mbps) only 2 of my devices have an 802.11ac card

• Advertisement

Yeah, considering connecting by Ethernet as the wireless NICs on most of my equipment is not at the 802.11ac level (most of my wireless NICs are 802.11b/a/g/n - up to 450Mbps) only 1 of my devices have an 802.11ac card

I mean connecting this repeater to your main router?

I mean connecting this repeater to your main router?

No, I would not be connecting this to the router via Ethernet, would be using the powerline capability and connecting via cable to the device.

No, I would not be connecting this to the router via Ethernet, would be using the powerline capability and connecting via cable to the device.

Powerline capacity? No mention of that at all. This is a repeater. It's even unsure whether the Ethernet port can be used for backhaul.

Powerline capacity? No mention of that at all. This is a repeater. It's even unsure whether the Ethernet port can be used for backhaul.

That's true, will look at the spec more deeply (made an assumption it could) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mickotoole wrote: »
    Saw this posted on another Boards thread and went for it. Expecting it to arrive tomorrow so can't comment on the quality or user experience yet. Total cost delivered is £150.23. For a 3 piece mesh WiFi system that is pretty good value. A quick search is showing the same kit as being over £200 elsewhere. I'll post a review as soon as I get it set up. For those that aren't bothered waiting on an independent review you can jump straight in here - https://www.box.co.uk/Huawei-WiFi-Q2-Pro-Wi-Fi-System-(3-Pack)_2784181.html

Down to £99.99 now...

• Advertisement

Down to £99.99 now...

how good are these?

(Admittedly I haven't even looked at them. Do they offer high speed full mesh and backhaul?)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

sorry to resurrect the thread, but mine was pretty bulletproof to a week ago, getting good speeds on wifi throughout the house, but suddenly im getting a trickle. VF bb wifi is working full strength 80+mb but the huawei is providing a trickle compared to what it was. anyone else have this issue?

sorry to resurrect the thread, but mine was pretty bulletproof to a week ago, getting good speeds on wifi throughout the house, but suddenly im getting a trickle. VF bb wifi is working full strength 80+mb but the huawei is providing a trickle compared to what it was. anyone else have this issue?

Mine still going strong.

Do you have both the Huawei and Virgin WiFi active, normally having two WiFi systems active not always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Mine still going strong.

Do you have both the Huawei and Virgin WiFi active, normally having two WiFi systems active not always good.

No , turned off vodafone wifi and just have huawei. when i turn off huawei and turn on vodafone im getting 80+mb everywhere except the one black spot. hence the reason i got the mesh and it initially covered that black spot. i could understand the satellite device thats in the blackspot not working , but both satellites and the primary have become sluggish even though app shows them as excellent connection and diagnostics shows no issues

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Ended up getting the Deco P9.

May have it configured incorrectly but even using Ethernet the speeds are not impressive (that said I have connected via ethernet directly to the base unit and the speeds are good, when I connect to a satellite unit the speeds are poor <200 Mbps).

Wifi speeds are around 220Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Ended up getting the Deco P9.

May have it configured incorrectly but even using Ethernet the speeds are not impressive (that said I have connected via ethernet directly to the base unit and the speeds are good, when I connect to a satellite unit the speeds are poor <200 Mbps).

Wifi speeds are around 220Mbps

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ratracer

I bought mine at the start of this thread. Worked fine until September, then i noticed my phone kept dropping signal, and I would have to log in the the Smart home app for it to re-connect. The problem got continually worse, then i t started to affect other devices.
    I contacted BOX for a refund, who didn't want to know about it as it was outside of 90 day return. So I contacted Huawei customer care, and went through a whole chat test session with them before they decided the system had to go for inspection. The Irish agent is Fonua in Dublin. They had my devices for 5 weeks before I was sent a new set of devices. This new set came with European plugs, so had to wait another 3 days to get that sorted.

I'm still not happy with the new devices, but I don't know if I need to change anything on my eir router for them to work properly (apart from switching off the WiFi signal). It is difficult to find info on this online anywhere, e.g some say they support backhaul, I found other post on Huawei Cust Forum to say they don't. There hasn't been a software update since I bought mine, the app is absolutely useless, and phones don't seem to switch units easily. I can't say I'm impressed with my experience, but I don't know where to look to decide what it is I need for proper wi-fi coverage through out the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is there a mesh system where you can have both the 2.4 and 5GHz running separately to each other, but both running at the same time?

Hope I’m explaining that correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Soarer wrote: »
    Is there a mesh system where you can have both the 2.4 and 5GHz running separately to each other, but both running at the same time?

Hope I’m explaining that correctly.
    id say pretty much every modern mesh setup would have that option.

Down to £99.99 now...

Out of stock now, and price up to £235.99, they do have 1 USED FROM £128.99...

• Advertisement

Out of stock now, and price up to £235.99, they do have 1 USED FROM £128.99...

I got a new replacement set under warranty last week. I set it up on Sunday, it’s already causing me the same problem as the set I sent back. I wouldn’t recommend the Huawei Q2 Pro at all. The app is also useless.

ratracer wrote: »
    I got a new replacement set under warranty last week. I set it up on Sunday, it’s already causing me the same problem as the set I sent back. I wouldn’t recommend the Huawei Q2 Pro at all. The app is also useless.

And so after 7 or so months, my time with the Q2 Pro, and indeed Box.co.uk, has come to an end. The replacement set also went faulty, and after a lot of back and forth with Box CS, they took it back, assessed it and found it to be faulty. So I had two sets, both failed, but neither FonFix (who had the first repair), Box, or even Huawei themselves would tell me what went wrong.

Box told me that as they didn't have another one in stock (thankfully), that they would give me store credit. When I told them I was in Ireland, and they weren't shipping here anymore, they gave me a refund of the price I paid, which landed back in my Paypal account today.

I'm glad it's now done, but I still need a mesh system for my house, so the hunt begins again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

And so after 7 or so months, my time with the Q2 Pro, and indeed Box.co.uk, has come to an end. The replacement set also went faulty, and after a lot of back and forth with Box CS, they took it back, assessed it and found it to be faulty. So I had two sets, both failed, but neither FonFix (who had the first repair), Box, or even Huawei themselves would tell me what went wrong.

Box told me that as they didn't have another one in stock (thankfully), that they would give me store credit. When I told them I was in Ireland, and they weren't shipping here anymore, they gave me a refund of the price I paid, which landed back in my Paypal account today.

I'm glad it's now done, but I still need a mesh system for my house, so the hunt begins again!!

https://mikrotik.com/product/audience
    https://www.irishwireless.net/components/mikrotik-routerboards/routerboard/metrolinq-60-outdoor-unit-60ghz-ptmp-18dbi-bracket-not-included-3842

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Seapoint wrote: »

Two biggest purchases from UK sites and the customer care was excellent

Box refunded straight away for these yokes as they were crap

Amazon, last week, refunded for a Samsung watch 3 (absolutely woeful piece of tech) even after it had been worn for a week

Miss these UK sites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Soarer wrote: »
    Bought the Deco M4 Triple Pack from Amazon last week for £100. They were price-matching Curry's.

*Dons tinfoil hat*
    Do you really want Huawei to have access to your home internet?
    What are they like. I was thinking of trying these. Did you hardwire any of them or are they all WiFi. Im

Two biggest purchases from UK sites and the customer care was excellent

Box refunded straight away for these yokes as they were crap

Amazon, last week, refunded for a Samsung watch 3 (absolutely woeful piece of tech) even after it had been worn for a week

Miss these UK sites

I can’t say I got a refund easily from Box, there was an awful lot of unnecessary crap emails from them before I eventually got a refund. I wouldn’t have been using or recommending them again even if Brexit wasn’t an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Old Jim

What are they like. I was thinking of trying these. Did you hardwire any of them or are they all WiFi. Im

Got the Deco M4 triple pack in Harvey Norman for 120eur.
    Have 2 hard wired and third is wireless.
    Worked great. WiFi download speed went from 1Mb to 20Mb. Was using edimax access points before that.

Seapoint wrote: »

Have you used this device? It looks like it could do a job, but not much info to be found about it apart from that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Have you used this device? It looks like it could do a job, but not much info to be found about it apart from that site.

I haven't used this but use a mikrotik hap ac2 https://mikrotik.com/product/hap_ac2 which runs RouterOS
    A second can simply be put into Mesh mode when being set up.

These are enterprise grade pieces of kit that take a little bit of setting up but you won't be disappointed.

Three HAP AC2 units would set you back €173.62

• Advertisement
Advertisement