Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Likelihood of EP21 is low I'd say, but I think the biggest risk is unwillingness to invest/pay deposits now in the current climate, I mean if it was your money, you'd want to be sure the event can take place before forking any money out. Glasto will be a huge indicator.

That being said I can see a real push back from the entertainment and live music scene after March. Who knows? watching like a Hawk :)

I think Glasto is gone for 2021, for June anyway. Chat about it being moved to September but unsure how much of an option that is. Eavises denying it but their track record on denials ain't great. If that happened its chances of proceeding greatly increase.

And I don't think Glasto being moved or off is an indicator for anything else. 220k attendees camping in a field over five days is incomparable to festivals like Primavera Sound or Porto where there's no camping or the likes of Reading/Leeds which can be there's essentially nothing there bar the stages and food trucks. Glasto's scale, stages and areas are unlike anywhere else and they'll have to decide by Jan/Feb. Other festivals can leave it til a bit later, even those happening before Glasto. It's when the European festivals with capacities of 50k to 80k start cancelling that we know EP is in trouble. Unless they forego US/Aussie/other European acts and go for an Irish festival. Gotta say I'd love that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could be a fight between ATN and EP for Irish Acts (although EP will have the bigger budget)

endainoz wrote: »
    This thread is normally quite optimistic and I think it needs a bit of it now.

Let's say it will go ahead in the way the Seathrun said. Mostly local type acts, so Irish basically.

Big Irish acts might be cheap to get if they can't do world tours. Something like U2 perhaps? That might get mixed reviews from most here (myself included) but anyone care to make up a hypothetical Irish lineup?

U2 always stunning live and the festival could appeal to them if they're not touring elsewhere. They'd obviously have to do another couple of Irish gigs or else you'll have 40k ticketless fans swamping Stradbally. The band have been there before, at least once. The Edge was standing beside us for Gavin Friday in 2012 and we could see Bono side-stage for Patti Smith the following evening.

Van also seems keen to do gigs. Wouldn't mind having a word with the grumpy fu*k over his Covid denial.

Sinead O'Connor, Hothouse Flowers, Fontaines DC, Rusango Family, King Kong Company, Hozier, Murder Capital, Thumper, NewDad, Waterboys, Paul Brady, Christy Moore, Rejjie Snow, Soda Blonde, Slyrydes, Maija Sofia, Powpig, Clockworks, Kila, Sean Keane, Daoiri Farrell, Stiff Little Fingers, Undertones, A House, Stunning, Horslips, Frank & Walters, Ash, Talos, Sultans of Ping, The Everlasting Yeah and hundreds upon hundreds of others. Plus a lot of dross that would pull kids.

Wouldn't mind seeing the return of Whipping Boy or JJ72 either.

Our music scene hasn't been this good since the mid 80s. And never so diverse. Bring it on.

Could be a fight between ATN and EP for Irish Acts (although EP will have the bigger budget)

Enough for both I think, with some acts shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    U2 always stunning live and the festival could appeal to them if they're not touring elsewhere. They'd obviously have to do another couple of Irish gigs or else you'll have 40k ticketless fans swamping Stradbally. The band have been there before, at least once. The Edge was standing beside us for Gavin Friday in 2012 and we could see Bono side-stage for Patti Smith the following evening.

Van also seems keen to do gigs. Wouldn't mind having a word with the grumpy fu*k over his Covid denial.

Sinead O'Connor, Hothouse Flowers, Fontaines DC, Rusango Family, King Kong Company, Hozier, Murder Capital, Thumper, NewDad, Waterboys, Paul Brady, Christy Moore, Rejjie Snow, Soda Blonde, Slyrydes, Maija Sofia, Powpig, Clockworks, Kila, Sean Keane, Daoiri Farrell, Stiff Little Fingers, Undertones, A House, Stunning, Horslips, Frank & Walters, Ash, Talos, Sultans of Ping, The Everlasting Yeah and hundreds upon hundreds of others. Plus a lot of dross that would pull kids.

Our music scene hasn't been this good since the mid 80s. And never so diverse. Bring it on.

That would be some lineup alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Bono and Ali were there last year watching their young fella in Inhaler.
    I think he's there regularly enough.

Paul Page of Whipping Boy has said a few times recently that there's no chance of a reunion.

An All Irish line up would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭rubick

Django Django could be a shout too (there's a Derry connection).
    Would 100% love to see Roisin Murphy back again this year.
    There's no question Snow Patrol would be booked too, but we'll all be elsewhere.

Loving this turn of optimism lads, maybe it'll be a 5 day-er!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭Rfrip

If they opened up the festival, few Irish bands and DJs over the three days I wouldn’t give a hoot.

Imagine having that to look forward to in sept...amazing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Next announcement is Luke O'Neill to do a late night talk on Science on the Salty Dog:pac:

Epidemology is the new Economics, and Economics is the new Rock n Roll

Epidemology is the new Economics, and Economics is the new Rock n Roll

In all seriousness though, a guy like him would be a prime candidate for a chat in mind field. (Or whatever it's called now)

• Advertisement

rubick wrote: »
    There's no question Snow Patrol would be booked too, but we'll all be elsewhere.

And the guitarist from Idles is from Belfast I think. Add in Bicep, David Holmes, Freddie White, Bitch Falcon, Pillow Queens, Denise Chaila, Mango x Mathmen, Paddy Hanna, Autre Monde, Ships, Moving Hearts, My Bloody Valentine, BellX1, WhenYoung, Waterboys, Something Happens, Lankum, David Keenan, Stockton's Wing, Girl Band, Engine Alley, Two Door Cinema club, The Radiators/Trouble Pilgrims, Divine Comedy and so so many more.

Microdisney could also possibly be persuaded to do another couple of gigs.

It's very doable if the testing is in place in the absence of a widespread vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Scratch would have to be included in the line-up. They looked like they were just about to have a run of it when lockdown hit. I remember them on salty dog, they had the crowd hopping.
    Ah, loads of bands tbh. Make it a 5 dayer like the man said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Suckit wrote: »
    The Scratch would have to be included in the line-up. They looked like they were just about to have a run of it when lockdown hit. I remember them on salty dog, they had the crowd hopping.
    Ah, loads of bands tbh. Make it a 5 dayer like the man said :D

I’d say I’ve listened to session song about 736 times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Mucker46

You are killing me with a potwntial all irish line up. The thoughts of 3 days in stradbally listening to many of those bands is taking me out of it definitely wont happen mode which is my defence mechanism. I will give in to the hope. Stay safe everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bit of levity...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

rubick wrote: »

The Script and Picture this as Thursday night main stagers to kick it all off.

That will have all the young wans bolloxed and gone home by Saturday night.

And the guitarist from Idles is from Belfast I think. Add in Bicep, David Holmes, Freddie White, Bitch Falcon, Pillow Queens, Denise Chaila, Mango x Mathmen, Paddy Hanna, Autre Monde, Ships, Moving Hearts, My Bloody Valentine, BellX1, WhenYoung, Waterboys, Something Happens, Lankum, David Keenan, Stockton's Wing, Girl Band, Engine Alley, Two Door Cinema club, The Radiators/Trouble Pilgrims, Divine Comedy and so so many more.

Microdisney could also possibly be persuaded to do another couple of gigs.

It's very doable if the testing is in place in the absence of a widespread vaccine.

Could throw in Paul Brady, Moxie, Jiggy, Roisin Murphy, Ham Sandwich, Kneecap and so many more....

The amount of quality Irish acts is staggering, let's hope we can make a more educated decision on the possibility in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Thankfully I've seen all the greats.

Thankfully I've seen all the greats.

You can take that stance if you want,

• Advertisement

Mod Edit: removed misinformation

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Feeling a bit more confident about EP now. I don't think I'll go to a festival or gig until I've been vaccinated, but EP's still over 9 months away. By then there might well be a handful of vaccines approved and in use, or even some preventative treatments etc.

In terms of lineup, I don't care what they put on as long as it's happening.

desk tidy wrote: »
    Feeling a bit more confident about EP now. I don't think I'll go to a festival or gig until I've been vaccinated, but EP's still over 9 months away. By then there might well be a handful of vaccines approved and in use, or even some preventative treatments etc.

Off topic

off topic

I'd say you should quit while your ahead here. This isn't the place to discuss this kind of stuff, especially if your points are at the very least disputed by other posters here. We mainly talk about music, gigs, and kicking teenagers.

There are other places for your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

off topic.

This is a thread for the E.P. 2021.

Last time I checked, Jim Corr and Ian Brown were not announced.

I'd say you should quit while your ahead here. This isn't the place to discuss this kind of stuff, especially if your points are at the very least disputed by other posters here. We mainly talk about music, gigs, and kicking teenagers.

There are other places for your points.

No there aren't. I have a ticket for EP 2020, carried over to 2021. If vaccination is a condition of entry, which is now being circulated by the music press, I will be seeking a refund, and am entitled to comment. You work away, have a great time, hope the weather holds up.

Stay safe!

No there aren't. I have a ticket for EP 2020, carried over to 2021. If vaccination is a condition of entry, which is now being circulated by the music press, I will be seeking a refund, and am entitled to comment. You work away, have a great time, hope the weather holds up.

Stay safe!

No I think the main issue people have with your points is that your figures are false and that's why they were removed. This is actually the first time you mentioned you had a ticket.

If you won't take a vaccine for entry that's grand, more power to you. I hope it doesn't hinder your life too much. I don't have an issue with antivaxxer types, as long as they don't spread highly disputed information which is pretty much what you did.

I honestly have no interest in arguing with you though, also calling out admins on a thread is a big no no.

No I think the main issue people have with your points is that your figures are false and that's why they were removed. This is actually the first time you mentioned you had a ticket.

If you won't take a vaccine for entry that's grand, more power to you. I hope it doesn't hinder your life too much. I don't have an issue with antivaxxer types, as long as they don't spread highly disputed information which is pretty much what you did.

I honestly have no interest in arguing with you though, also calling out admins on a thread is a big no no.

It isn't even disputed information from the poster Enda, but wholesale lies that have been thoroughly debunked. I admire you for being diplomatic with the individual but I have no ability to do so with people spreading misinformation that is potentially dangerous.

As we're only 9.5 months away from EP 2021 I'd say it's almost certain that if it proceeds there'll be some kind of vaccine/testing requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It isn't even disputed information from the poster Enda, but wholesale lies that have been thoroughly debunked. I admire you for being diplomatic with the individual but I have no ability to do so with people spreading misinformation that is potentially dangerous.

As we're only 9.5 months away from EP 2021 I'd say it's almost certain that if it proceeds there'll be some kind of vaccine/testing requirement.

wouldn't be the worst idea if they chucked in an sti test requirement too for ... reasons.

scratch scratch... sniff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭rubick

James & Happy Mondays have announced a tour for next Winter, including the 3 Arena.
    Can probably strike them both off any potential EP list now.

Advertisement