Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anabolic Windows.

Options
  • 18-05-2020 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭

I know they aren't proven. But what do others think??

I swear by them.

Not just for lifting but anything running etc.

TBH i get drowsy if i don't eat straight after a workout.

So can your body switch to a muscle building state for a little while after you work out.

I say my body switches to a sleepy state if i work out and don't eat straight after. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

As far as I remember there is an increased uptake in protein after a workout but I believe it's about 2 hours and not the often spouted 30 minute window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Very bro-sciency subject, I'm sure there may be something in it but I'd guess it's more to do with a depleted state than Anabolism.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The general direction seems to be it doesnt matter, daily is fine. Supplement companies have an incentive to push the idea that you do for obvious reasons

this guy (Shredded Sports Science channel) is pretty reasonable on the subject

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

bladespin wrote: »
    Very bro-sciency subject, I'm sure there may be something in it but I'd guess it's more to do with a depleted state than Anabolism.
    I know. But I am a hard gainer even if i am not running ..female.
    But then it could be different for diff people.

If i don't eat straight after exercise I will see spots and I then want to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Good article, sourced from Sigma Nutrition, here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinob50

I know. But I am a hard gainer even if i am not running ..female.
    But then it could be different for diff people.

If i don't eat straight after exercise I will see spots and I then want to sleep.

Seeing spots, I would say is more to do with Blood glucose levels?

After a workout (weights) it makes logical sense to take in fast absorbing protein/ carbs (depending) and lowish fats due to muscle breakdown and semi depleted glycogen stores. Wouldn't be too concerned about a half hour window though, hour or two post would do just fine imo.

Hard gainer... simple answer: eat more.

And your question does your body switch to a muscle building state, of course as this is how muscle is formed as fibers are rebuild, but again doubt the 'time' is limited to immediately post WO, more a sup industry gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Cill94

Last I reviewed the research, the general consensus was that it exists, but it's much longer than previously believed. If you're not eating within 2-3 hours of a workout, you're probably missing out on a certain amount of protein synthesis.

Timing has consistently been shown to matter very little in comparison to total daily calorie and protein intake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Cill94

eoinob50 wrote: »

Hard gainer... simple answer: eat more.

This. :pac:

Advertisement