Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disliking tea/coffee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Tae is the devils urine I tells ya. Absolutely feral stuff.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What is wrong with these losers? :confused:

Well I'm guessing being called losers online is a start 🀪

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

Definitely a tea person. Drink about four or five pots a day, actually get withdrawal headaches if I don't have tea every couple of hours.
    Would love to like coffee as I love the smell. I have a taste every now and then but so far I still don't like it, probably never will. Same with Guinness, looks lovely but haven't managed to acquire a taste for it. Won't stop me trying though!
    Will never stop drinking tea though, not a fan of foreign holidays because even if you bring your own teabags, the water and milk are not right and it's got to be served really hot, it's never hot enough!

finla wrote: »
    Definitely a tea person. Drink about four or five pots a day, actually get withdrawal headaches if I don't have tea every couple of hours.
    Would love to like coffee as I love the smell. I have a taste every now and then but so far I still don't like it, probably never will. Same with Guinness, looks lovely but haven't managed to acquire a taste for it. Won't stop me trying though!
    Will never stop drinking tea though, not a fan of foreign holidays because even if you bring your own teabags, the water and milk are not right and it's got to be served really hot, it's never hot enough!

You can get fresh milk on most European shops nowadays. Not all but lidl and Aldi carry it for example

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Anyone here dislike tea and coffee? As a kid, I always disliked the taste of tea. Tried to drink coffee as a teen to stay awake but would get terrible nausea. I prefer taking drinks like Coca Cola or Red Bull to stay awake along with non-drowsy Sudafed tablets. Also don't make me nauseous.

Years ago couldn't take coffee.now addicted to it. Don't know where i went wrong.....oh i got into physics and programming then. Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Losers :D

Take a long hard look at yourself if you’re worked up that much about someone liking a drink.

That's not what I said, but hey, why not make stuff up? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've never really been a fan of tea. I do like the odd coffee though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I constantly have a big mug of coffee. Its yer only man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

markc1184 wrote: »
    I've never really been a fan of tea. I do like the odd coffee though.

Fantastic irony-free post. or is it!!!
    Informative, concise, and flat as a fúcking pancake.
    Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I don't drink coffee - dislike the smell and the taste, and hate getting coffee-flavoured sweets in a box of Roses etc. But I can understand that it might appeal to some people.

I don't understand tea at all though. As a social norm, sure, it seems important, but tastewise? Utterly pointless. "Here, have a mug of slightly gone-off-tasting hot water."

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Do Irish people actually like tea or do they just like sugary milk with black tea flavouring?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tamara25

Dandelion coffee anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tea, along with toast, is only for when sick.

It tastes like water that's been in a flask for a few weeks.

Which is why my stomach can only handle it when its fùcked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Tea, tea and more tea. I absolutely detest the smell of coffee. To me it's like someone dragging their nails down a chalkboard. Sticks in my nose and throat and I hate it.
    I've been married over 30 years and have never made my wife a coffee - and never will !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

bluewolf wrote: »
    ah the odd whitestrips would do the job

Tippex is what you really want, none of that subtle whitening, go nuclear on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Look forward to my coffee every single morning. Ugh, so good

Used to drink tea by the bucket. Then I started drinking coffee and tea just began to taste so bland to me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't drink either. Gets me some funny looks. Pain in the hole at conferences and stuff where they have tea and coffee but you can't get a glass of water.

Like some flavoured tea, though wouldn't drink at all regularly.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Don't drink either. Gets me some funny looks. Pain in the hole at conferences and stuff where they have tea and coffee but you can't get a glass of water.

Like some flavoured tea, though wouldn't drink at all regularly.

Do you drink energy drinks, smoke, meth? What's your vice?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

kowloon wrote: »
    Do you drink energy drinks, smoke, meth? What's your vice?

None of them anyway (I'll drink an energy drink the occasional time if I don't sleep properly).

I don't not drink them out of any health concern or anything, I just don't like them. If you don't have a caffeine addiction you don't really notice its absence.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    If you don't have a caffeine addiction you don't really notice its absence.

Truth. If I stopped now the withdrawal would probably kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I like a good coffee, tea is a bit meh, would drink an occasional fresh mint and lemon tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

Milky tea is unforgivable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Don't like tea and any time I've tried coffee, the heart palpitations I got scared the hell out of my me!

Think I'm very sensitive to caffeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭VG31

Lyan wrote: »
    Do Irish people actually like tea or do they just like sugary milk with black tea flavouring?

For a nation with one of the highest tea consumptions, Irish people rarely seem to drink proper tea. Other countries like China, Japan and Russia drink proper loose tea.

I've gone from mostly drinking Lyon's/Barry's tea bags to a wide range of black, green and herbal loose teas. I never take milk anymore as it ruins the flavour of most loose teas. Proper tea is flavoursome so there is no need to sweeten it.

I rarely drink tea from tea bags now, only when I'm out or in other people's houses. Loose tea is quite cheap for the most part as well.

If you don't like tea, try some proper loose teas.

Yes I'm a tea snob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

Lyons is supposed to be made from very good quality tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Lyons is supposed to be made from very good quality tea though.

If you compare those Barry/Lyons/et al. to a proper Turkish rize tea, then they pale in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why do a lot of tea drinkers suspect or judge people who don't drink tea?

I drink coffee myself as I prefer the taste but I couldn't care what other people drink or think less of them. It's all down to individual taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wouldn't have coffee in the house, far too American for my liking.
    I'll stick with strong tea thanks.

How do you work out that coffee is American?

American filter coffee is weak slop anyway.

Give me an Italian espresso.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why do a lot of tea drinkers suspect or judge people who don't drink tea?

I drink coffee myself as I prefer the taste but I couldn't care what other people drink or think less of them. It's all down to individual taste.

People who don#t like the same flavours I like can never be trusted.

Advertisement