Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phoenix park

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cheers - the word 'motor' or 'motorised' does not appear at all in that, so it doesn't seem to guarantee the mode by which people use the road - do you know if that's enshrined anywhere else?
    the OPW was not extinguishing people's ability to use the road, it was preventing the use of motorised traffic on the road, so it's be interesting to see where the law draws that line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, it was nice while it lasted.

https://twitter.com/Pidge/status/1281621235865190406

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I used to go though that gate daily. I always came in (cycling) on the path on the right as it was one way system and hard to get in against the traffic coming out unless you came in the pedestrian gate.

Note the cyclist going the wrong way. I'm assuming it's still one way. Could be wrong.

I'm curious why people park there. Are they just walking in the park or going somewhere out of the park. Not much near there is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That's an ignorant number of cars parked ignorantly by ignoramuses. Is this a problem that the OPW doesn't have a clamping or ticketing facility. They are just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

ncounties wrote: »
    Was right of way stopped?

Presumably there will have been a period every year when the gates were closed to ensure that no right of way was ever created.

• Advertisement

Almost all Phoenix Park gates to close to vehicular traffic on weekends for duration of Level 5
    https://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-gates-closed-level-5-5249619-Oct2020/

it's 'Following a request from An Garda Síochána' - which is a fairly damning state of affairs. i suspect the OPW staff were delighted that gave them the clout to do it.

Advertisement