Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing Turnip Talk!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HelenE353

Hey all,

I have turnips selling for 312 if anyone is interested let me know and ill send you my dodo code.
    Tips appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No help to anyone but Mrs Dodge sold our lot on her friends island for 600 this evening. 208 is the highest we’ve ever reached

Put a dent in her final loan anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone be online later with a good price?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone be online later with a good price?

Not me I’m afraid, prices plummeted today on my island, 49 and 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not me I’m afraid, prices plummeted today on my island, 49 and 44.

Mine went from 164 to 68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So can someone explain turnips to me? I will be buying them tomorrow for the first time. If I have read it correctly the price they are selling for is the price I can buy them on any island but when I go to sell them the price differs depending on where I go. Is that correct?

kingtut wrote: »
    So can someone explain turnips to me? I will be buying them tomorrow for the first time. If I have read it correctly the price they are selling for is the price I can buy them on any island but when I go to sell them the price differs depending on where I go. Is that correct?

In a nutshell yes.

Daisy Mae will appear on your island between 5am and 12 noon (so set your alarm if need be :) ). She will sell you as many as you want at a certain price. If you wanted to, you could of course buy them from her on someone else’s island if she had a lower price there. But multiple flights back and forth can be a pain.

From Monday until Saturday, Timmy and Tommy in Nooks Cranny will buy them off you. There are two different prices each day, from 9am til noon and from noon til 10pm when they close. Again you’re free to sell them on someone else’s island if they get a better price and are willing to open up their island. And that’s pretty much it.

There are various websites out there that help you track your prices and predict whether you’re likely to see an increase or not. Also websites where you can join queues to fly to their island and sell, usually for a fee.

Most times at least one person on boards gets a good price and is decent enough not to charge a fee. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Ugh, I've had sucky prices all week and I bought @ 140. Where's the safest place to inquire about exchange (other than here)? I checked twitter and a lot of the talk over there seems to be solely for bragging rights, likes, and rts.

In a nutshell yes.

Daisy Mae will appear on your island between 5am and 12 noon (so set your alarm if need be :) ). She will sell you as many as you want at a certain price. If you wanted to, you could of course buy them from her on someone else’s island if she had a lower price there. But multiple flights back and forth can be a pain.

From Monday until Saturday, Timmy and Tommy in Nooks Cranny will buy them off you. There are two different prices each day, from 9am til noon and from noon til 10pm when they close. Again you’re free to sell them on someone else’s island if they get a better price and are willing to open up their island. And that’s pretty much it.

There are various websites out there that help you track your prices and predict whether you’re likely to see an increase or not. Also websites where you can join queues to fly to their island and sell, usually for a fee.

Most times at least one person on boards gets a good price and is decent enough not to charge a fee. :)

Thank you so much! For some reason i thought the buy price was the same no matter where you went. Cheers :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

How much do he invest in turnips?

I’ve got 170k, and getting close to paying off a mortgage repayment, but wondering if I should go in heavy on my first turnips tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

I usually go very heavy on turnips, with the amount of people here it's difficult to sell at a total loss. Last week I put 1 million into turnips, this week I will likely double that!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    How much do he invest in turnips?

I’ve got 170k, and getting close to paying off a mortgage repayment, but wondering if I should go in heavy on my first turnips tomorrow morning.

Damn this turned out to be a long post so apologies in advance! :D

If that was me, I’d spend 120k on turnips, hopefully around the 100 bells per turnip mark. That would get you 1200 turnips which will take up 12 slots in your inventory assuming you have that many free. Daisy will only sell you what you can afford and what you can carry. You can obviously drop the bought turnips to free up space (make sure you don’t eat them by mistake) and go back for more.

Then for arguments sake yours or someone else’s island is buying turnips at 300 bells per turnip then you’ll make 360k, 240k profit assuming the person that owns the island doesn’t ask for a fee in bells. If I have to pay a fee then I always pay in Nook Miles Tickets - ppl asking for 99k bells or multiples thereof are a big no thanks for me. 300 bells is a pretty average price, each time someone on here got a decent price it has always been 400+. 625 is the max I’ve seen.

Once you increase your inventory to 40 slots then you can buy 4000 turnips each time. That’s when the fun starts. :D

The most I’ve spent on turnips was a little over 9m. Last week I dialled it back and spent just under 6m, turnips were 99 bells each on my own island so I bought 15 inventories worth (4000 x 99 x 15 = 5,940,000). Because of how slow the game is with buying and managing inventory, that took over an hour to do, all on my own island too, no flying involved. Took almost 2 hrs flying back and forth to a fellow boardsie’s island selling them for 421 each (4000 x 421 x 15 = 25,260,000). That’s the main downside, when you want to buy and sell in bulk it takes ages.

As an aside to all the nerdy maths above, my initial aim was to try and pay off each house loan solely from turnip profits and not use any bells I’d earned the hard way. As the loans got more expensive it might have taken me a few weeks of turnip selling to cover the loan and not be broke afterwards - so I probably didn’t upgrade my house as fast as others. During the weekly grind rather than buy anything mad expensive for the house, I’d prefer to save so I had more to spend on turnips on Sunday while still making sure I had some left over.

When it comes to buying price, 100 or less is good imo. Anything over 110 and I would normally look to buy from another island.

Anyway, that’s way too much rambling from me. Just have fun with it, thankfully it’s only virtual money! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I spent what I had on turnips then used small Facebook groups (the big ones are insane) and here to sell them on. It took me maybe 2-3 weeks to clear all my loans and I’m now helping my son with his as I have 7 million in the bank. I found the turnip exchange has gotten very expensive now and finding a reasonable island is difficult. I also time travelled a bit. So bought on Sunday, sold Monday/Tuesday as soon as I got a good price. Then timetravelled back to Sunday and sold as quickly as I could again. That week I think I turned them over four times. I started with 100k

This week I also did turnip running with a friend who doesn’t have internet working when they were passing on the way back from an appointment. (Social distanced turnip selling, she sat in her car and me on the front porch chatting!). They had a price of 450 so I time travelled before they got here, bought two millions worth and when she got there ran them all over in batches and sold them. I gave her most of the takings as she hasn’t been able to sell them up to now as she can’t visit anyone else

Now I’m taking a break from it as I’ve more than enough to cover my needs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, I’ve invested 100k, and each Turnip was 90. I’d have invested more but half my wealth is tied up in residential services which is closed for refurbishment today, so I have no access to the ATM, lol.

From what I’ve read, 90 is a good price to buy at though so I’m going to spend the morning fishing to grab a few more if I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Anybody open with turnips at a good price I can buy at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right, I’ve invested 100k, and each Turnip was 90. I’d have invested more but half my wealth is tied up in residential services which is closed for refurbishment today, so I have no access to the ATM, lol.

From what I’ve read, 90 is a good price to buy at though so I’m going to spend the morning fishing to grab a few more if I can :)
    Now that you’ve bought you have to be careful about time travel. I’m not suggesting you were about to but just a little further post to the excellent one above from Andrew

1) turnips rot after Saturday so you can’t keep them for more than a week. Any time travel past next Saturday will kill them

2) if you go back even one day, your crop will rot. So you can’t leap forward to check the best price and then go back to Wednesday if that’s the high point

Bought 60 turnips for 102 each. Hopefully I can make a small profit! Can I sell any day up until Saturday?

Dodge wrote: »
    Now that you’ve bought you have to be careful about time travel. I’m not suggesting you were about to but just a little further post to the excellent one above from Andrew

1) turnips rot after Saturday so you can’t keep them for more than a week. Any time travel past next Saturday will kill them

2) if you go back even one day, your crop will rot. So you can’t leap forward to check the best price and then go back to Wednesday if that’s the high point

Yeah very important points those.
    kingtut wrote: »
    Bought 60 turnips for 102 each. Hopefully I can make a small profit! Can I sell any day up until Saturday?

You can sell from Monday to Saturday inclusive. From 9am to 10pm - Nook’s Cranny opening hours. :)

Yeah very important points those.

You can sell from Monday to Saturday inclusive. From 9am to 10pm - Nook’s Cranny opening hours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I did some turnip math this morning. Trying to reach my goal of 10 million profit this week, just need to sell above 340 to do that. Then I can take a break from weekly turnips for a while, have something other than turnips in my basement!

• Advertisement

I did some turnip math this morning. Trying to reach my goal of 10 million profit this week, just need to sell above 340 to do that. Then I can take a break from weekly turnips for a while, have something other than turnips in my basement!

Do you have to share those profits with your landlord a.k.a. Star Lord? :P

Can’t remember how many turnips it’s possible to store in the basement but I got fed up having to put away the furniture and bring it back out before Sunday morning assessment. I just store mine on the beaches now and fence them off, which means I have to put away the beach furniture so still not ideal but there’s way more space. Not sure why we can’t just use the house inventory to keep them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

He is not the land lord, I am the Resident Representative actually :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

My turnips were 95 this morning, bought 54 bundles, so... 500k?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I bought mine at 110 Bells today. :mad:

The highest price I’ve seen in the past three weeks is 180ish, so hopefully things will change this week. :rolleyes:

And so it begins again... 99 bells here this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Max 553 this week, but most likely 290. :)

If I can get 330, I'll make about a million bells which is a good goal this week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Bad start here this morning, 62 bells per turnip and calculator says a max of 180!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

81 here this morning. Turnip Prophet being optimistic with a 60% chance of a large spike up to 540. Stay tuned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Not looking good for me again this week. Turnips at 103. I'm not sure how to describe last week for turnip prophet. I've chosen "small spike" but would prefer ***** if I had that option :D

Based on using small spike, I'm predicted another crap week with a max of 200 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

My max price looks to be 180 this week.... Invested close to 1mil yesterday.... Feck!

Advertisement