Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Unhinged - Russell Crowe - 1st film back in US cinemas on July 1st.

• 12-05-2020 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,428 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

US cinemas reopening for the 4th of July weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ek motor

Looks good. Reminds me of Falling Down.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Wonder what, ordinarily, the metrics of success a film of this budget / type would be? Big test of the psychology of customers & Americans really, given their President & some of its news media has been keen to downplay this pandemic's severity.

Actually looks like it might be an entertaining, low-brow thriller; shades of Falling Down with Crowe's character[*]. Not worth risking a cinema for though.

[*] I mean, I assume it's a character & not just a docudrama of a typical day for Russell Crowe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭ s8n

The trailer gives the entire movie away.

It also butchers a Nirvana song

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

This doesn't interest me at all.

Seems like nothing new, very paint-by-numbers. The trailer is the movie.

Also Russell looks rough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

Went to it today.
    One of those films that makes you scream 'Oh ffs just go to/call the police' at the screen numerous times. Russell Crowe glorious as a complete headcase. Female lead (for me) so annoying, I was almost on Russell's side. Her character has no development whatsoever. Last 5 minutes seemed terribly rushed.

Overall? Meh. Forgettable enough.
    Interesting experience in the cinema sitting far apart with masks and being ushered out the back door of the Multiplex into a back yard afterwards, rather than going out the main door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭ Luckycharms_74

Watched it last night. It could have been so much better. I agree with above that Crowe played the part excellent , Jesus he put on some timber :).
    A couple of good scenes with some bloodshed especially in the first 20 mins
    Overall I’d give it 3/5

Advertisement