Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

3 broadband issues new router

• 12-05-2020 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 deckymac591

Folks,
    I have had mobile broadband with 3 for a long time and recently my old Huawei B525 supplied by 3 was damaged and I replaced with a TPLink D380 not from 3. I can use the Internet fine once the device is connected via Lan. The wifi will occasionally work but usually it works for a short time and you get authentication error or cant be found at all. If anyone can suggest any solution it would be much appreciated. I have contacted 3 and they haven't been all that helpful as from their point of view the network/sim element is working fine so not inclined to help.
    If any one has the router settings for 3 not just the APN but the authentication type etc. Would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭ grimeire

The tp link may not be the issue but I will just give you some of the experiences I had with them.

In total over the years I had a number of TP link products including homeplugs, mobile broadband routers, access points etc.... And I found they are the biggest pieces of crap you will ever buy I did not have a good experience with a single one of them. If a friend or family member has a issue with a TP link device I no longer look at it and just say replace it. Spent hours upon hours trouble shooting there crap products to no avail. I considered them so bad I would not buy anything of theirs regardless of the price.

If you can bring it back, get a huawei router that actually works.

FYI its been years since I actually trouble shooted an issue with a tp device but I would be very surprised if they were no longer crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deckymac591

Grimeire,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the years have not been kind to TP. and they are still pieces of crap. This one wasn't that cheap either. I have since tried the sim in a friends huawei and it works fine. I have changed every setting in the TP and still no luck. So I concur with your opinion and will be avoiding in the future. Lesson learned.

Advertisement