Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Game Back - What Are You Looking Forward To?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

seanl77 wrote: »
    I know that our practice ground won't be open next week, same with the putting green and chipping area. Not allowed access to shared surfaces

Arent tees and greens shared surfaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

GreeBo wrote: »
    Arent tees and greens shared surfaces?

Everything on the course is a shared surface if you ask me, not my decision. Just informing the original poster of my clubs decision

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Playing in a tee shirt:cool:

Beating my PB - absolute confidence despite not swinging a club for 10 weeks. Working on the mental side :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

martinkop wrote: »
    Playing in a tee shirt:cool:

Beating my PB - absolute confidence despite not swinging a club for 10 weeks. Working on the mental side :rolleyes:

Think the last time I played I had 3 layers on and a wooly hat.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

BraveDonut wrote: »
    For me it will be the feeling that we are getting something back. The lifting of some restrictions. A return to some form of normality.

Just getting out there to do something that you love. Out on the course, not caring, not thinking about anything serious, catching up with friends, talking sh1te.

Bliss

What about the guys that live outside 5km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭necstandards

bmay529 wrote: »
    What about the guys that live outside 5km

So unfair for ppl outside 5km. If you are a member and have to use the time sheet to book a tee time (for contact tracing) - i dont see why 5km limit applies & im probably going to go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Its 3 weeks lads - its not the end of the world (well, pretty sure its not)

I'm just glad I am within 20km of my course so I can play on the 8th of June. In the meantime the local driving range will probably do well from me spending a few hours over there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

First game back (as a member) in over 3 years will be on Monday!

Just signed up again after a break as I've been managing a football team and couldn't keep the 2 going. This year was to be my last year at football so I've taken early retirement from it... was chatting to the captain and the club has been inundated with new members and generally a much younger golfer.

What am I looking forward to.... everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Snackbox20

Looking forward to hitting a golf ball straight and further than my practice net, then losing it on a later hole :D:D:D

I am sure i will blast the ball straight down the middle of the first tee on Monday. Absolutely sure of it.

OK its probably going to be a horrible push slice into the trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Very much looking forward to playing next week. It’s been a tough few weeks at home and work, I’m most looking forward to some head space, 4 hours of getting away from it all. Golf is a wonderful way of de-stressing.

I am club captain this year and was really looking forward to year and all that goes with being captain, a lot of the gloss has gone from that now and I’m just happy to get to play some golf. Glad I live within 5km, I’d fear for my sanity if I had to wait until June.

But it’s only golf, I’ve a new found healthy respect for the big things in life, the things I’ve never really thought of or maybe took for granted, health and the health of those close to me. I think the past few months has been a catalyst to reset priorities and maybe get some perspective.

So for all playing next week enjoy, lap it up and be grateful for this silly game and all it silly rules and foibles, it really doesn’t mean too much in the bigger picture but the small things count also.

There is a wonderful quote from Nelson Mandela after he was freed from prison that is perfectly apt for today. (I’ll concede that I maybe a little melodramatic, but 5 Whiskys on Friday night will do that to you !!!!)

“After one has been in prison, it is the small things that one appreciates: being able to take a walk whenever one wants, going into a shop and buying a newspaper, speaking or choosing to remain silent. The simple act of being able to control one's person.”

J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Two.More.Sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Two.More.Sleeps

0 more sleeps!

Advertisement