Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good golly miss Molly....Rock 'n Roll rip

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Don't forget Jimmy Page, Bowie, Lemmy and Pete Townsend the paedo.[/QUOTE]

I think Townsend faced down the allegations, but the others never had to defend themselves against the threat of prosecution.

Might have been interesting if a case was brought against the first three.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He went to jail for transorting an underage groupie over the state line.

Elvis liked them young too. He was obsessed with girls with small feet. I think you can see a file the FBI were keeping on him online somewhere.

Don't forget Jimmy Page, Bowie, Lemmy and Pete Townsend the paedo.

As far as I'm aware and I know Motorhead and Lemmy inside out, that Lemmy was never involved in any of those kind of activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware and I know Motorhead and Lemmy inside out, that Lemmy was never involved in any of those kind of activities.
    He slept with an underage girl years ago, he admitted it himself in a documentary.

He slept with an underage girl years ago, he admitted it himself in a documentary.

Got the name of the documentary?

Got the name of the documentary?
    No but I'll let you know if I find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Never heard any under-age rumour regarding Lemmy. But, he said he swapped a mother /daughter between himself and his (adult) son. Bit manky that,in anybody's language.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Never heard any under-age rumour regarding Lemmy. But, he said he swapped a mother /daughter between himself and his (adult) son. Bit manky that,in anybody's language.

He certainly got around during his lifetime, but I never read that he was involved in under-age stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

RIP, great artist!

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Don't forget Jimmy Page, Bowie, Lemmy and Pete Townsend the paedo.

I think Townsend faced down the allegations, but the others never had to defend themselves against the threat of prosecution.

Might have been interesting if a case was brought against the first three.[/QUOTE]
    Page in particular should have been charged with kidnapping and holding someone against their will as well as stat rape: he got his minder to physically take the girl back to his hotel room (minder told her he would kill her if she tried to run away) so she would be there when he got back. Then he kept her hidden in his house for ages so they wouldn't be seen together in public.
    People don't realise what a creep Page really was, not to mention the dark occult stuff he was into.

I think you're trying to make something that isn't there out of an off hand, quiet possibly tongue firmly in cheek remark made by Lemmy in the Motorhead documentary. I mean look at his face when he makes the remark, if he were involved in that kind of stuff, he wouldn't be jokey about it on camera for starters. There's also the fact that the mother of his first child never came forward with such an accusation that Lemmy was behaving untowards her.

Has anyone actually fact checked the claims against Bowie?

As for Jimmy Page, definitely questions to be asked, but also questions to be asked of Lori Mattox as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Little Richard deffo pioneered new musical styles that blew the minds of most of his contemporaries of the time. He was also flamboyant before that was a thing.

RIP maestro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

From this thread I have learned that Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive, and there are a few questionable rock stars on the go. I remember the alligations against Pete Townsend, because of a great line fom the news, in response, Elton John said he was right behind him. Also remember Dave Lee Travis, who I know is a DJ, but absolutely nothing else being accused of inappropriate behavior, shouting a line to the press. He said, I only molested women. Couldn't make this stuff up, and I haven't, I swear.

Advertisement