Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are there still so many flights in/out of Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Essential essential engineers or essential to making you money engineers?

Essential essential, as in keep the power stations operating so we have electricity.

Essential essential, as in keep the power stations operating so we have electricity.

Apologies, I actually never seen that last sentence on it before I replied. Fair enough.

Loozer wrote: »
    I haven't heard of engineers saving us from rolling blackouts atm?

What's that all about

You won’t hear about it because it didn’t happen, thanks to essential workers moving around and doing their normal day to day jobs.

There’s a lot of things happening in the world that you’ll never hear about!

Did you hear about the mid air collision over Termonfeckin? No, because it didn’t happen because air traffic controllers do their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

You won’t hear about it because it didn’t happen, thanks to essential workers moving around and doing their normal day to day jobs.

Ok but it sounds like routine maintenance your talking about

Loozer wrote: »
    Ok but it sounds like routine maintenance your talking about

Some would be routine maintenance, some would be forced outages.

But even the routine maintenance needs to take place at set intervals otherwise the units must be shut down or risk voiding the various warranties associated with them, and at a cost of hundreds of millions to repair, operators aren't taking any chances!!

It would be like an airline that's in peak season, some of their aircraft engines are due for inspection after a set number of hours, so the inspection is planned for and the aircraft is taken out of service to allow the inspection to happen, they wouldn't just keep the aircraft flying because the inspection can't take place for whatever reason, they'd have to ground the aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

It only takes 1 of those 2k people who came in last week to not quarantine if they have the virus.....we all knows what can happen then.

Just weeks to contradict the other measures that have been put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Jizique wrote: »
    BLue is airport

What's that airport in the middle of the sea off the coast of Cornwall?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is blue planes mid Atlantic?

Maybe an aircraft carrier :pac:

What's that airport in the middle of the sea off the coast of Cornwall?

Scilly Isles?

How do you know the flights were carrying passengers? I don’t think DAA will publish this information. The majority of Air cargo in/out of Ireland would travel on passenger flights.

Yes, Schipol is one of the busiest hubs in Europe (if not the world), so a lot of freight would arrive there, and need an onward connection to Ireland. As would passengers coming from all reaches of the world.

International movement of people is heavily impacted during a pandemic, but it doesn’t stop.

FFS just go on Ryanair's website and pick a destination and you'll see that you can book a passenger flight. Do they just make flight available for passengers on their site but then transform it into a cargo flight?

• Advertisement

Scilly Isles?

Ahh..ok. I thought the Scilly Isles were near Southampton of somewhere like that.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ahh..ok. I thought the Scilly Isles were near Southampton of somewhere like that.
    That's the Isle of White

Beasty wrote: »
    That's the Isle of White

The Isle of Wight has the famous Needles lighthouse that you’d often see in coastal shots of Southern England.

Here’s a picture I took while sailing past them 2 years ago.

Advertisement