Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone else with no income at all since this started?

Options
  • 06-05-2020 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Returned here in January after three years in the UK for work/family reasons. Was supporting myself whilst trying to start up a small business here and if that didn't come off was certain to pick up work when the tourism season started - which of course hasn't happened. Refused jobseekers . . but that's another story. Everyone else seems to be sorted with their 350/week or working from home/wage subsidy. Has anyone else been left completely high and dry with at least another 2 months of this to go? No work whatsoever available where I am.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No supermarkets hiring?

Why were you refused jobseekers? We've a shared agreement with the UK for Prsi contributions iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cateen Bawn

Not here its a small town. But the question was asking if anyone else has no income at all.

I was refused on HRC, it is an error on their part but I have to wait on an appeal. I don't really understand benefits as usually I would get myself out of trouble with a cleaning or bar job or whatever.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was refused on HRC, it is an error on their part but I have to wait on an appeal. I don't really understand benefits as usually I would get myself out of trouble with a cleaning or bar job or whatever.

Have you contacted the community welfare office? Supplementary welfare is what youd need to google

Also look outside your town for work if you drive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not here its a small town. But the question was asking if anyone else has no income at all.

Not within reach of a major supermarket? They're all hiring.

And, no I not aware of anybody with no income at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Returned here in January after three years in the UK for work/family reasons. Was supporting myself whilst trying to start up a small business here and if that didn't come off was certain to pick up work when the tourism season started - which of course hasn't happened. Refused jobseekers . . but that's another story. Everyone else seems to be sorted with their 350/week or working from home/wage subsidy. Has anyone else been left completely high and dry with at least another 2 months of this to go? No work whatsoever available where I am.

How were you planning on supporting yourself when you started the new business? Because you would not have got any money when you were working for yourself.

You are entitled to money from the UK but don't want to chase up on it because you think you should be getting more money from a country that you aren't entitled to.

I'm Irish, was working outside the country temporarily like a lot of Irish people often do. Unfortunately the crystal ball wasn't working in January when I moved back here to my own country.

I'm Irish, was working outside the country temporarily like a lot of Irish people often do. Unfortunately the crystal ball wasn't working in January when I moved back here to my own country.

Three years is not temporary tbh

Something doesn't add up here given the various agreements we have with the UK

Have you researched properly and contacted your community welfare officer?

Times are tough indeed when a re-reg doesn't get much change out of a Walter Mitty. I'm sorry for your troubles.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

3 years doesn't sound temporary?

As as been suggested while you appeal is been sorted speak to the welfare officer.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for their opinion. I will continue to live on savings from working for years and never dare to mention it again. Hopefully some sort of jobs and normality will be here again soon.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Times are tough indeed when a re-reg doesn't get much change out of a Walter Mitty. I'm sorry for your troubles.
    If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

I'm closing this, not because I am questioning the OP's credentials, but because ways of getting support have been mentioned, and indeed no-one should have "no income" in this State

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement