Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please - adjusting to position on road bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

The stem on the bike is 100mm, so if I changed to an 80mm would that be too small a change or should I go shorter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you've a long torso, that points away from the bike being too small, given your overall height and the size range for the bike; as mentioned above, stick to the tops or the hoods so your back is not bent over as much, and try some stretches when you get off the bike?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Wailin wrote: »
    The stem on the bike is 100mm, so if I changed to an 80mm would that be too small a change or should I go shorter?

Try 90mm then go to 80mm. You can flip the stem up instead of down too, that'll bring the bars closer to you.

Advertisement