Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Cartoon Wars 2: South Park vs Family Guy

Options
  • 02-05-2020 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

It's time for the sequel and this time it's personal. South Park and Family Guy pride themselves on not giving a damn and has an array of characters within their universes which reflect that. They've also gone at each other many times in their respective shows.

I've chosen 32 of the best from each and will pit them against each other. All draws will be random with the exception of Round 1's Kick-Off. The Kick-off can only have interpromotional bouts. From there on out we open the contest right up and may the best man, woman or giant chicken win.
    SPgrid.jpg

Stay tuned...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

To get a nice flow to the game, we'll make each first round match 30 minutes long. If a competitor gets four or more votes within that time frame, they'll advance. To be clear, it's first to four advances. If there's a draw after 30 minutes, I'll cast the deciding vote. Reasons must be included with your choice, even if it's something minuscule. Above all, have fun!

Liane Cartman

182?cb=20160402113541

VS

Dr. Elmer Hartman

340?cb=20170115191124

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lianne. Its not even close, Family Guy has been spiralling into the toilet for years

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Liane Cartman. Brilliant, understated character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Liane. I had to laugh a while back when I was playing the game and Cartman says, "Don't talk to her, she's not part of the game"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dr Hartman does have some good line but I'll go with Liane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Liane Cartman - because she's miles better than Dr. Hartman

Mrs Cartman prescribes an ass-kicking for the doctor. Two living breathing consciences up next.
    Kyle Brovlovski

310?cb=20190411033301

VS

Brian Griffin

195px-Brian_Griffin.png

Kyle Brovlovski because South Park is just a better show, even if Kyle is one of its blandest characters, and I really don't care for Brian

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kyle.

Brian is too much of a whiner for me.

Even though he's a pretentious **** I'll go with Brian, mainly for his exploits with Stewie

• Advertisement

Kyle wins for me.

Brian would have won if he hadn't been turned to a terrible character after the first couple of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gru wrote: »
    Kyle wins for me.

Brian would have won if he hadn't been turned to a terrible character after the first couple of seasons.

Kyle cause the most interesting thing about Brian is that he is a talking dog, and that’s not interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah to be fair South park has been getting consistently better imo, family hasn't been good since season 3! Season 6 was ok....

Thread closed!

Kyle puts the dog to sleep. That's 2-0 to South Park so far, can that change?
    Jimbo Kern

310?cb=20191025145135

VS

James Woods

260?cb=20161127194446

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I vote James Woods. You can capture him with Candy.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

James Woods because Jimbo is an awful character and I like the fact that James Woods has become a running gag of animated comedies

Ooh a piece of a candy! James Woods gets my vote

Yeah even the South Park writers realised Jimbo was awful and he doesnt appear anymore that often.

The James Woods episodes are pretty funny from family guy tbf

Not for the first time, Jimbo is defeated by the Woods. Another celebrity character is next in line.
    Tuong Lu Kim

238?cb=20151118032652

VS

Mayor Adam West

260?cb=20161215024957

Adam West all day long. He was Batman!

• Advertisement

Hmmm.

Adam West here. I'd have voted Sh1tty Wok guy against most other characters I think though.

How the city wok guy pronounce "city" is funny everytime but for the cat launcher moment a lone, Adam West gets it!

Both great characters.

I'd vote city wok guy because of his defence against the Mongolian.

But I'd also vote

Adam West For the Cat Launcher and paranoia.

I vote Adam West, just marginally better that City Wok

Adam West was a terrific character so he wins hands down.

A lot of love for City Wok Guy but his opponent was too strong for him. It's hard to predict anything different here.
    Eric Cartman

310?cb=20180718082504

VS

Bertram

260?cb=20181025045456

Eric Cartman, one of the best animated characters ever

Cartman is one of the greatest all time cartoon characters. He's had so many brilliant episodes.

Bertram didn't stand a chance.

Cartman wins probably against every character from Family Guy I'd reckon. And a lot from most other animated shows too.

Cartman. He's brilliant, evil and hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Yermander

Cartman! Some of the craziest storylines revolved around him.

Advertisement