Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

How old are the elves?

• 28-04-2020 11:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mystery Egg

Based on a conversation in the chat thread I am interested to know the demographics of the Christmas obsessed portion of the boards community!

I am 37. :)

How many years young are you? 32 votes

Under 18
    0%
    18-25
    0%
    26-30
    3%
    SleetAndSnow 1 vote
    31-35
    9%
    Whitters22Hello 2D Person Belowfreshpopcorn 3 votes
    36-40
    21%
    ScarinaeL1011jellybearNedLowryLightOfTruthCheerLouthEskie 7 votes
    40-49
    25%
    the_sycoPosygidgetkitten_kLoughcJude13BuileBeagMystery Egg 8 votes
    50-59
    28%
    DvBHufflepuffTRS30Littlehornyskooterblue2Curlysue76CaranicaCarodhbmwfan 9 votes
    60-69
    6%
    PaulT21SCOOP 64 2 votes
    70 +
    6%
    LorenzoBNickNickleby 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ Hufflepuff

50-59
    I'm 47:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭ Caranica

50-59
    I'm 43

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭ DvB

50-59
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k

40-49
    I'm 36

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

40-49
    Snap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭ TRS30

50-59

Edit: just looked at the poll results and I'm right in the middle of the most popular Christmas fanatics age range, nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,202 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

31-35
    Nearly 28 and male!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

40-49
    kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm 36

Me too. I’m in good company too you and Posy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ gidget

40-49

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭ PaulT21

60-69
    54 :(

• Advertisement

50-59
    PaulT21 wrote: »
    54 :(

There goes my title as the eldest so :eek:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

60-69
    DvB wrote: »
    There goes my title as the eldest so :eek:

I might be the oldest but certainly not the wisest:D Big kid me really:o

50-59
    Big kid me really:o

We're all guilty of that in here methinks, it's what makes it do much fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

40-49
    I might be the oldest but certainly not the wisest:D Big kid me really:o

Paul I always thought you were 21!! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mystery Egg

40-49
    The vast majority of us are 36-49!

I wonder if there's a correlation between our stage of life and our undying love for all things Christmas nostalgia???

50-59
    The vast majority of us are 36-49!

I wonder if there's a correlation between our stage of life and our undying love for all things Christmas nostalgia???

Life starts to get a bit more 'serious' the older you get, you spend more and more time worrying about work, bills, kids etc that I think you need more escapism. I definitely daydream more then I use to and find this forum a great way to forget about things for a bit and remember some of the happiest times of my childhood. To share that with like minded people is a Brucey bonus :)

50-59
    TRS30 wrote: »
    I definitely daydream more then I use to and find this forum a great way to forget about things for a bit and remember some of the happiest times of my childhood.

I'm very guilty of this. Have found working in isolation the last few weeks I've managed to get a huge amount of work done but in between have been delving into older threads here as a way to pick up the spirits etc. There's other christmas website I look at also and have to admit I've been looking in on these way more at the moment than I normally would at this time of year. I reckon this just reinforces that Christmas is my go-to subject when in need of a boost or to soften a low point etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k

40-49
    DvB wrote: »
    I'm very guilty of this. Have found working in isolation the last few weeks I've managed to get a huge amount of work done but in between have been delving into older threads here as a way to pick up the spirits etc. There's other christmas website I look at also and have to admit I've been looking in on these way more at the moment than I normally would at this time of year. I reckon this just reinforces that Christmas is my go-to subject when in need of a boost or to soften a low point etc.

I can't believe you are cheating on us :eek::eek::eek::eek:

60-69
    Loughc wrote: »
    Paul I always thought you were 21!! :o

Loughc you have become my most favoured Moderator on Boards:D

50-59

Cheating??
    Au contraire.... its research, all carried out for the purposes of enhancement of this most special place for us lovers of Christmas.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭ Littlehorny

50-59
    Hufflepuff wrote: »
    I'm 47:)

Me too! :)

Birthday is Dec 20, so consider myself a Christmas baby.

I'm a man and I know freshpopcorn is , what the ratio male to female?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ antimatterx

24 :D And I feel old as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ SleetAndSnow

26-30
    19, almost 20! Wouldn't say I post here much but I sure do read here a lot, nothing better then Christmas :) Here and the weather forum (bit of a weather nerd :P )are most likely two of my most visited :) I'll be one of the youngest I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ Hufflepuff

50-59
    Me too! :)

Birthday is Dec 20, so consider myself a Christmas baby.

I'm a man and I know freshpopcorn is , what the ratio male to female?

I'm Jan 3rd so consider myself a christmas baby too. I'm female.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ SCOOP 64

60-69
    Thought about posting....... 55

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭ BuileBeag

40-49
    Don't think I count as an elf since I mostly post much closer to Christmas but I'm 36.

60-69
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Hah Ha. Not the oldest so. Fair play SCOOP 64:D Im 55 in August though;) Cheers

50-59
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »

I believe we all become a bit 'ageless' at Christmas, it's brings out the inner child that is hiding in all of us :D

40-49
    BuileBeag wrote: »
    Don't think I count as an elf since I mostly post much closer to Christmas but I'm 36.

Of course you're an elf!! :) We all are in here regardless of how often we post. :)

DVB how could you? It's it us?? We can change!!

• Advertisement

50-59
    Loughc wrote: »

DVB how could you? It's it us?? We can change!!

Change? Dont ye dare!! Love it in here!!

Anyway, already explained it was for research purposes:D

Advertisement