Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old are the elves?

• 28-04-2020 11:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Based on a conversation in the chat thread I am interested to know the demographics of the Christmas obsessed portion of the boards community!

I am 37. :)

How many years young are you? 32 votes

Under 18
    0%
    18-25
    0%
    26-30
    3%
    SleetAndSnow 1 vote
    31-35
    9%
    Whitters22Hello 2D Person Belowfreshpopcorn 3 votes
    36-40
    21%
    ScarinaeL1011jellybearNedLowry[Deleted User]CheerLouth[Deleted User] 7 votes
    40-49
    25%
    the_sycoPosygidgetkitten_kLoughcJude13[Deleted User]Mystery Egg 8 votes
    50-59
    28%
    DvBHufflepuffTRS30Littlehornyskooterblue2Curlysue76CaranicaCarodhbmwfan 9 votes
    60-69
    6%
    PaulT21SCOOP 64 2 votes
    70 +
    6%
    [Deleted User]NickNickleby 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

50-59
    I'm 47:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

50-59
    I'm 43

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

50-59
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

40-49
    I'm 36

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

40-49
    Snap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

50-59

Edit: just looked at the poll results and I'm right in the middle of the most popular Christmas fanatics age range, nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,019 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

31-35
    Nearly 28 and male!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

40-49
    kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm 36

Me too. I’m in good company too you and Posy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭gidget

40-49

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PaulT21

60-69
    54 :(

• Advertisement

50-59
    PaulT21 wrote: »
    54 :(

There goes my title as the eldest so :eek:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

60-69
    DvB wrote: »
    There goes my title as the eldest so :eek:

I might be the oldest but certainly not the wisest:D Big kid me really:o

50-59
    Big kid me really:o

We're all guilty of that in here methinks, it's what makes it do much fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

40-49
    I might be the oldest but certainly not the wisest:D Big kid me really:o

Paul I always thought you were 21!! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

40-49
    The vast majority of us are 36-49!

I wonder if there's a correlation between our stage of life and our undying love for all things Christmas nostalgia???

50-59
    The vast majority of us are 36-49!

I wonder if there's a correlation between our stage of life and our undying love for all things Christmas nostalgia???

Life starts to get a bit more 'serious' the older you get, you spend more and more time worrying about work, bills, kids etc that I think you need more escapism. I definitely daydream more then I use to and find this forum a great way to forget about things for a bit and remember some of the happiest times of my childhood. To share that with like minded people is a Brucey bonus :)

50-59
    TRS30 wrote: »
    I definitely daydream more then I use to and find this forum a great way to forget about things for a bit and remember some of the happiest times of my childhood.

I'm very guilty of this. Have found working in isolation the last few weeks I've managed to get a huge amount of work done but in between have been delving into older threads here as a way to pick up the spirits etc. There's other christmas website I look at also and have to admit I've been looking in on these way more at the moment than I normally would at this time of year. I reckon this just reinforces that Christmas is my go-to subject when in need of a boost or to soften a low point etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

40-49
    DvB wrote: »
    I'm very guilty of this. Have found working in isolation the last few weeks I've managed to get a huge amount of work done but in between have been delving into older threads here as a way to pick up the spirits etc. There's other christmas website I look at also and have to admit I've been looking in on these way more at the moment than I normally would at this time of year. I reckon this just reinforces that Christmas is my go-to subject when in need of a boost or to soften a low point etc.

I can't believe you are cheating on us :eek::eek::eek::eek:

60-69
    Loughc wrote: »
    Paul I always thought you were 21!! :o

Loughc you have become my most favoured Moderator on Boards:D

50-59

Cheating??
    Au contraire.... its research, all carried out for the purposes of enhancement of this most special place for us lovers of Christmas.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

50-59
    Hufflepuff wrote: »
    I'm 47:)

Me too! :)

Birthday is Dec 20, so consider myself a Christmas baby.

I'm a man and I know freshpopcorn is , what the ratio male to female?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭antimatterx

24 :D And I feel old as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

26-30
    19, almost 20! Wouldn't say I post here much but I sure do read here a lot, nothing better then Christmas :) Here and the weather forum (bit of a weather nerd :P )are most likely two of my most visited :) I'll be one of the youngest I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

50-59
    Me too! :)

Birthday is Dec 20, so consider myself a Christmas baby.

I'm a man and I know freshpopcorn is , what the ratio male to female?

I'm Jan 3rd so consider myself a christmas baby too. I'm female.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

60-69
    Thought about posting....... 55

40-49
    Don't think I count as an elf since I mostly post much closer to Christmas but I'm 36.

60-69
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Hah Ha. Not the oldest so. Fair play SCOOP 64:D Im 55 in August though;) Cheers

50-59
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »

I believe we all become a bit 'ageless' at Christmas, it's brings out the inner child that is hiding in all of us :D

40-49
    Don't think I count as an elf since I mostly post much closer to Christmas but I'm 36.

Of course you're an elf!! :) We all are in here regardless of how often we post. :)

DVB how could you? It's it us?? We can change!!

• Advertisement

50-59
    Loughc wrote: »

DVB how could you? It's it us?? We can change!!

Change? Dont ye dare!! Love it in here!!

Anyway, already explained it was for research purposes:D

Advertisement