Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snowrunner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Picked it up this morning. Same as yourself, hadn't heard a thing about it. Looking forward to sinking some time into it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Just downloading it now. I had not heard of it either and this is my type of game. I have to take an enforced weeks holidays next week so this should keep me entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does it have a bit different structure now? I sow a mini review today, and looks like its like a delivery simulator, you make money for doing jobs and then can upgrade your vehicles or buy new ones etc?

If it has such a progression, over just do x mission, then y mission to progress, then I am very interested!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

First vid answers those questions :)
    Basically yes and yes :)

Dcully wrote: »
    First vid answers those questions :)
    Basically yes and yes :)

Hehe, cheers.

• Advertisement

Its not all sunshine and roses it has to be said, seems to have an awful mini game of navigating the menu to get to where you want to, can get infuriating at times.

I went back to this recently and once you get your head around the weird ui and menu its a great game.
    I hooked up my wheel and pedal set and im really enjoying it , great lockdown game.

Dcully wrote: »
    I went back to this recently and once you get your head around the weird ui and menu its a great game.
    I hooked up my wheel and pedal set and im really enjoying it , great lockdown game.

It's actually fantastic game. I played through all main game and only started dlc stuff. All I can say is that main game is pretty much pure easy mode and first dlc just cranks it up.

Haven't played it in a while and haven't tackled latest content as I was going region by region instead of jumping around. And other games got my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Bought it last week, and i'm hooked. Something so relaxing about playing it.. :D

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Bought it last week, and i'm hooked. Something so relaxing about playing it.. :D

It's ones of those games that can be very relaxing and then be extremely stressful hehe.

One thing I would advice with it, is to take your time and not rush it, and I don't just mean while you driving a big truck down the muddy hill. Take contract after contract and take your time in regions, enjoy at normal pace, not rushing to clear up jobs and run to other region. I found it a lot more fun, when you make your own "shedule" and ways. This game is not a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Played the mud runner series and while it was good it got very repetitive very quiclly.

It felt repetitive to me first time round but now ive got deeper into whats on offer its not near as petetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

I think I'm getting addicted to this game!

Question for everyone thougfh, are the large logs only available at certain logging stations? I'm at the Smithville Dam logging station but it says onlky medium logs available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Saw a clip of this on Twitter and found out it's on Gamepass so gave it a whirl as it looke good!

It's such a strangely addictive game!- amazingly frustrating but I can't put it down. You should get a certificate in patience for completing each contract..

Advertisement