Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to running questions

Options
  • 28-04-2020 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Have decided after quite a long time that I'm going to try start running to improve my fitness and lose some weight.

Have a pair of asics quantam 360 on the way but have some other questions about a smart watch/ fitness tracker

Could anyone recommend a decent smart watch of fitness tracker?

I own a Huawei phone so was looking at the Huawei GT watches

Also this may be a silly question but , I have been using the Huawei health app for the last day or 2 on my phone while walking. if I get a Huawei watch or get another watch and download an app, do I just use the watch while running and then the data syncs with the phone/app when I get home?

Any advice on the above appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I would say just start using your phone initially for tracking your runs, strava or mapmyrun are two apps you could use

I use a garmin but that might be a bit of overkill at the early stages, but to answer your question most dedicated sports watches will record your run and sync afterwards so you dont need to carry the phone, but for now I'd say use the phone and start off slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

This duplicate question has a received a lot of answers in the 'Random Running Questions' thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113293869#post113293869

I might report this to be closed as it's exactly the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 djdwainec

Yes as above could a mod close this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement