Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

20 days later.

Just got my Ryanair voucher. Waited 35 mins on chat before giving up. I'll try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

limabromac wrote: »
    Apply for refund... You could screenshot this application..
    Wait for 2 weeks approx...
    Receive voucher email...
    Decide whether you want to keep voucher or apply to be in the new refund Queue...

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for an email from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

michellie wrote: »
    20 days later.

Just got my Ryanair voucher. Waited 35 mins on chat before giving up. I'll try again later

Early morning is a good time to chat to them...and ask them for a copy of the transcript so you have something to say that you rejected the voucher and you want to be added to the queue (again)
    : )

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Anyone with feedback for holidays due soon with Loveholidays.ie?
    Have something booked for Mid July to Portugal, now its looking more and more likely we will be able to go... I dont really fancy spending holidays in the shadow of Covid or with a mask on, am I correct in thinking that as long as DFA adsive not to travel for non-essential business then we are ok and it will get canceled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Spent 30 minutes trying to get through yesterday. Just spent 1 hour and 10 minutes this morning. It was infuriating.

The first person I got through to took 8 minutes before replying to me, then started saying they hadn't heard from me in 2 minutes and would cut me off. Then they cut me off.

The 2nd person told me they would put me in the queue for a refund (which I asked for 21 days ago) I asked for the transcript to be sent to me.

Beyond pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Anyone know where I can get a list of departures from Dublin airport on the 7th June?

lawred2 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a list of departures from Dublin airport on the 7th June?

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-tracker/departures/DUB/?year=2020&month=6&date=7&hour=6

Should work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Flight Aware will have it, can go back 3 days i think or further if you register for a free account

thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

michellie wrote: »
    Spent 30 minutes trying to get through yesterday. Just spent 1 hour and 10 minutes this morning. It was infuriating.

The first person I got through to took 8 minutes before replying to me, then started saying they hadn't heard from me in 2 minutes and would cut me off. Then they cut me off.

The 2nd person told me they would put me in the queue for a refund (which I asked for 21 days ago) I asked for the transcript to be sent to me.

Beyond pissed off.

Why not just jump to the charge back route? Save yourself the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Last month I completed the refund request for my Ryanair booking.

Got an email yesterday with a voucher attached for full amount and asked if I want to accept, or not

I dont... so pressed on the 'request a refund, please click here to contact us'

..which redirects you to a generic page :rolleyes: Now ive no idea how to let them know I do not want the voucher, and to proceed with full refund

You've got to hand it to the Ryanair 'Lets make things awkward Dept' as they're very good at their job.

Got an email yesterday with a voucher attached for full amount and asked if I want to accept, or not

..which redirects you to a generic page :rolleyes: Now ive no idea how to let them know I do not want the voucher, and to proceed with full refund

You've got to hand to to the Ryanair 'Lets make things awkward Dept' as they're very good at their job

same for me

I think you either sit on it

or go to your bank for a chargeback

same for me

I think you either sit on it

or go to your bank for a chargeback

Its so deliberate its an insult to peoples intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You need to phone them or tell them via live chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

You've got to hand it to the Ryanair 'Lets make things awkward Dept' as they're very good at their job.

Yes, the re-route to a generic page caught me out too at first. You have to scroll down on THAT page to the contact us box - which brings you to the chat bot - which is where you type "contact customer service" in the bot to get a real person.

Caranica wrote: »
    You need to phone them or tell them via live chat.

So they channel you down the path of most resistance, and spam you with emails of how the voucher system is so much easier (less resistance)

again; do they advertise when looking to recruit C u next Tuesdays for that department I was on about earlier?..cause they're pretty good at it

I booked the flights months ago..can I do a charge back, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Anyone with feedback for holidays due soon with Loveholidays.ie?
    Have something booked for Mid July to Portugal, now its looking more and more likely we will be able to go... I dont really fancy spending holidays in the shadow of Covid or with a mask on, am I correct in thinking that as long as DFA adsive not to travel for non-essential business then we are ok and it will get canceled?

Unfortunately I believe travel restrictions will be lifted before you are due to go away. I reckon by july 1st. Contact them maybe and ask for a voucher? You might get lucky. Cant see a refund as Portugal will be open to tourists by then so they dont have to refund you

Yes, the re-route to a generic page caught me out too at first. You have to scroll down on THAT page to the contact us box - which brings you to the chat bot - which is where you type "contact customer service" in the bot to get a real person.

I rest my case your honour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I didn't click the "accept voucher" button on the email so they can't say I accepted it. I already requested a refund so as far as I'm concerned I'm still in the queue for it. I'm not wasting more time trying to connect to their chat to tell them something I already told them a few weeks ago. EU 261 clearly states they can only offer you a voucher if they have your signed agreement to do so.

I'll be starting chargeback again soon, but I'm currently in a dispute with them over my chargeback for previous flights they cancelled on me so don't be fooled that chargeback will be hassle free. You'll get your money back and then some time within the allowed 45 days after, Ryanair will dispute it and the money will be taken from you again.

.G. wrote: »
    I didn't click the "accept voucher" button on the email so they can't say I accepted it. I already requested a refund so as far as I'm concerned I'm still in the queue for it. I'm not wasting more time trying to connect to their chat to tell them something I already told them a few weeks ago. EU 261 clearly states they can only offer you a voucher if they have your signed agreement to do so.

I'll be starting chargeback again soon, but I'm currently in a dispute with them over my chargeback for previous flights they cancelled on me so don't be fooled that chargeback will be hassle free. You'll get your money back and then some time within the allowed 45 days after, Ryanair will dispute it and the money will be taken from you again.

I hear ya, and was in the same mindset about just leaving my original refund request do its thing - but the way they've worded it sounds like they'll only process those that specifically request a refund (post their voucher email) first, and deal with the remainder thereafter

I need the money

and thinking the squeaky wheel might get money back first in this scenario,

maybe not, but these thunder'cs' aint helping in making it any easier or clearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭josip

What is the procedure when that happens?
    Does your card provider request further specific information from you or is it up to them to decide upon it using the information already provided by you and information from Ryanair?

josip wrote: »
    What is the procedure when that happens?
    Does your card provider request further specific information from you or is it up to them to decide upon it using the information already provided by you and information from Ryanair?

Yes you have to provide all your info to your credit card company .. the more you have the better, as in "asked for a refund" proof etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭josip

limabromac wrote: »
    Yes you have to provide all your info to your credit card company .. the more you have the better, as in "asked for a refund" proof etc...

I've already provided all that to the card provider when I initially submitted the Chargeback Claim.
    • Tickets,
    • Credit Card statement,
    • 1st Refund confirmation from Ryanair,
    • Follow up email confirmation that they're still processing but they're prioritising others
    • Copy of Letter to Ryanair 2 weeks previously stating everything overdue, referring to EC 261, and stating I'll have to go the Chargeback route

If Ryanair disputes the Chargeback, do I have to resubmit the above ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭paddy19

You'll get your money back and then some time within the allowed 45 days after, Ryanair will dispute it and the money will be taken from you again.

G. Did the bank give you any details on what Ryanair were disputing?
    What's the appeal process from here on?
    Which Bank and card are you with?

They specifically told me in a chat that as they had no record of me rejecting the voucher I was no longer in the refund queue. Sorted it but I suspect I'd be waiting even longer if I hadn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Got the voucher today just 5 days after the cancellation email. Going to accept the voucher as I will get use from it later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Thanks did this and was lucky to get through to someone after 2 mins I am currently holding while he processes my refund, fingers crossed.

josip wrote: »
    I've already provided all that to the card provider when I initially submitted the Chargeback Claim.
    • Tickets,
    • Credit Card statement,
    • 1st Refund confirmation from Ryanair,
    • Follow up email confirmation that they're still processing but they're prioritising others
    • Copy of Letter to Ryanair 2 weeks previously stating everything overdue, referring to EC 261, and stating I'll have to go the Chargeback route

If Ryanair disputes the Chargeback, do I have to resubmit the above ?

That should be enough..I don't think ryanair will dispute the chargeback...I received mine from AIB and they're like fort knox

They did send me a letter saying if I used the voucher in the future they would take the money back off me

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Thanks did this and was lucky to get through to someone after 2 mins I am currently holding while he processes my refund, fingers crossed.

"Alright , I have requested a cash refund on the booking. By requesting the cash refund you will be notified shortly(in about 24-48 hours) via e-mail about the confirmation that you chose the cash refund option, the voucher will still be available if you would change your mind, Once the refund is done the voucher will not be usable. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

This was the reply I got from the live chat, I requested a timeline on the refund but was given no details only that the refund department was back in the office and working through the backlog.

• Advertisement

20,000,000 refunds to process. Timeline, long!

Advertisement