Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS question - early morning to Saggart

Options
  • 27-04-2020 2:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A friend is about to start a job in Saggart. To get there it looks like she needs to take a tram from town to Belgard and then change. She needs to be in Saggart for 7.30 or so (to get to work at 8).

My q is - are there trams going Saggart to Belgard and back before 7.30am or would she be as well off wait in town for a direct tram to Saggart?

I can't find the actual times of trams on the LUAS site.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

spurious wrote: »
    I can't find the actual times of trams on the LUAS Site

Site is certainly confusing and badly designed with respect to timetables as far as i can see.

But they do list operating hours

The first "Citywest Campus - Westbound Towards Saggart" tram is 05:52hrs (Mon-Friday, later on weekends). First westboard tram from BusÁras is 05:38hrs

They also have live tram infomation for any stop, so check kingswood (stop before Belgard) tomorrow morning about six and and see what's happening perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

spurious wrote: »
    A friend is about to start a job in Saggart. To get there it looks like she needs to take a tram from town to Belgard and then change. She needs to be in Saggart for 7.30 or so (to get to work at 8).

My q is - are there trams going Saggart to Belgard and back before 7.30am or would she be as well off wait in town for a direct tram to Saggart?

I can't find the actual times of trams on the LUAS site.

TIA.
    Put the details in here: https://www.transportforireland.ie/plan-a-journey/
    She'll have to change at Belgard, the direct trams from town to Saggart don't start until later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Site is certainly confusing and badly designed with respect to timetables as far as i can see.

But they do list operating hours

I believe the luas doesn’t actually run to a timetable per say, hence why they don’t have any up on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

p_haugh wrote: »
    I believe the luas doesn’t actually run to a timetable per say, hence why they don’t have any up on their site
    I have a Luas timetable that I downloaded from here several times in the past (the file I have now is dated 25/11/19), it remained accurate until at least before the lockdown as I was using the Luas every day to get to work and used the timetable regularly. I can't generate another copy at the moment as the site is giving an error when I try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

p_haugh wrote: »
    I believe the luas doesn’t actually run to a timetable per se, hence why they don’t have any up on their site

You can get timetables for the Luas lines on the TFI planner site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement