Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

An Post Delays

2456754

Comments



  • SPDUB wrote: »
    Is it definitely in the Delivery office in crumlin village or do they mean the Parcel Hub in Dublin 12 which is not the same location .

    I know someone there who says they get people calling to them a few times a week making that mistake .

    It says the parcel hub dublin 12.




  • whats the latest with getting packages from USA




  • whiterebel wrote: »
    I've a parcel sitting with RM in LANGLEY HWDC since 20th April. Just about to cancel it now, as Amazon suggested.

    Same with me. Stuck in Langley for over a week now. "Your item is being prepared for dispatch overseas".




  • maki wrote: »
    Same with me. Stuck in Langley for over a week now. "Your item is being prepared for dispatch overseas".

    I would assume that a lot / most of air freight Ire - Uk and vice versa was going on passenger flights ....

    buymeacoffee.com/glassopy





  • Any update with parcels from America


  • Advertisement


  • Any update with parcels from America

    What kind of update are you looking for? Your questions aren't very specific.




  • None of mine have moved yet it's so annoying 😡

    What's the story with looking for a charge back on PayPal?? Let the supplier fight it out with the postage company it's not my fault, I didn't get what I paid for in a reasonable time frame so there contract with me should be null and void??




  • Who should I believe, An Post or the tracking details I have from USPS?

    I'm expecting a package from the US and the latest update from my USPS tracking says that my package left Dublin Airport on Friday morning.

    Rang An Post this morning because there's been no update on USPS side since and I can't find anything with An Post tracking, the rep on the phone took my tracking number and then came back saying "Oh yeah, i can see it left New York on Thursday." - When I asked about the latest update saying that the item left Dublin Airport on Friday morning, she then said "Oh no, I don't know what that's about, it left New York on Thursday, there's no chance it would be in the country yet".

    So bit confused. I'd understand if she said "It could be in our warehouse waiting to be scanned" but she actually said there's no chance that it would be in the country yet, so I'm a bit lost.

    Any idea?




  • Got a call back today from an post saying they looked everywhere and asked couriers they use about my missing 43inch tv, it's gone, call the shop and tell them, case closed.

    Sticky fingers from the new staff I say.




  • Wing126 wrote: »
    Who should I believe, An Post or the tracking details I have from USPS?

    I'm expecting a package from the US and the latest update from my USPS tracking says that my package left Dublin Airport on Friday morning.

    Rang An Post this morning because there's been no update on USPS side since and I can't find anything with An Post tracking, the rep on the phone took my tracking number and then came back saying "Oh yeah, i can see it left New York on Thursday." - When I asked about the latest update saying that the item left Dublin Airport on Friday morning, she then said "Oh no, I don't know what that's about, it left New York on Thursday, there's no chance it would be in the country yet".

    So bit confused. I'd understand if she said "It could be in our warehouse waiting to be scanned" but she actually said there's no chance that it would be in the country yet, so I'm a bit lost.

    Any idea?




    you and me both mate



    we getting the run around i think


  • Advertisement


  • Phil.x wrote: »
    Got a call back today from an post saying they looked everywhere and asked couriers they use about my missing 43inch tv, it's gone, call the shop and tell them, case closed.

    Sticky fingers from the new staff I say.




    starting to think it myself




  • Long_Wave wrote: »
    An post are operating as normal, if they had your parcels, you'd have them in a day or two but delays are obviously happening overseas due to cancelled flights etc.

    Yep.

    An post are doing a good job.

    The delays are coming from further afield. I've had a few things delivered from abroad and it's taking ages to get to An Post.




  • ebbsy wrote: »
    Yep.

    An post are doing a good job.

    The delays are coming from further afield. I've had a few things delivered from abroad and it's taking ages to get to An Post.




    Are you expecting anything from USA if so did you get it and how long did it take regards Brian




  • Bear in mind that with the number of flights down considerably at the moment, the ability to move nonessential goods through the supply chain is being impacted, and particularly so throughout Europe. Delays not necessarily the postal companies fault




  • Are you expecting anything from USA if so did you get it and how long did it take regards Brian

    No bud I had stuff from the UK and Germany.




  • you and me both mate



    we getting the run around i think


    I don't mind waiting, if they were being straightforward with me and giving me a realistic timeline of when I can expect the package, I'd be 100% okay.



    But for my tracking number to say it's in the country and then An Post to A) ignore the tracking update saying it's in Dublin when they look it up themselves and then B) Tell me to disregard it as "there's absolutely no chance that package is in the country yet" is just frustrating. It's a 6 hour flight from New York to Dublin, so it's not unreasonable for my package to be in the country after leaving on Thursday like.




  • whats the latest with getting packages from USA

    I ordered a secondhand part last year from the US and on ebay and it was stuck in a warehouse Kentucky for 2 months before it got here. Never again.




  • Wing126 wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting, if they were being straightforward with me and giving me a realistic timeline of when I can expect the package, I'd be 100% okay.



    But for my tracking number to say it's in the country and then An Post to A) ignore the tracking update saying it's in Dublin when they look it up themselves and then B) Tell me to disregard it as "there's absolutely no chance that package is in the country yet" is just frustrating. It's a 6 hour flight from New York to Dublin, so it's not unreasonable for my package to be in the country after leaving on Thursday like.

    I think that's what they call plausible deniability. It can't be in Ireland because it isn't in our system yet. The fact that it isn't there because they haven't entered it is immaterial.......




  • "The shipment has been sorted and forwarded.

    Dublin Direct Entry".

    Where's that? Customs?




  • whiterebel wrote: »
    I think that's what they call plausible deniability. It can't be in Ireland because it isn't in our system yet. The fact that it isn't there because they haven't entered it is immaterial.......

    I wonder if the difference is down to it having to be re badged.

    Some USA tracking numbers won't work in most of their systems especially those starting with U and have to get a new number on them in the international section


  • Advertisement


  • whiterebel wrote: »
    I think that's what they call plausible deniability. It can't be in Ireland because it isn't in our system yet. The fact that it isn't there because they haven't entered it is immaterial.......




    I remembered that I had another item from the same seller that I bought before Christmas.

    I checked the tracking number for that, it departed New York on the 16th of December and USPS said it was in Ireland on the 17th of December. I received that item on the 19th. So now I know that An Post are definitely fobbing me off by saying my item is not in the country.

    I'm really not trying to be impatient here, I'm well aware that things might be backed up, I'm just frustrated by the blatant lies An Post are telling me.




  • I received an item today the 8th May from AliExpress (Departed from China). I ordered it on 27th March. I'm still waiting on other items and hopefully they start to show up soon and the same for everyone else. Just thought I'd give some of you an idea of when stuff was ordered from AliExpress and when it arrived.




  • shocksy wrote: »
    I received an item today the 8th May from AliExpress (Departed from China). I ordered it on 27th March. I'm still waiting on other items and hopefully they start to show up soon and the same for everyone else. Just thought I'd give some of you an idea of when stuff was ordered from AliExpress and when it arrived.


    Great news mate but still waiting here for package from USA




  • Mine arrived today after having touched down yesterday morning in"Dublin Direct Entry" at 5.15 am. Whoever generated that update on my Norwegian Post tracking number, it all happened pretty fast afterwards.
    Either way, ordered 26th March, delivered 8th May with An Post this side.




  • I have a parcel sitting in Dublin since lunch time Wednesday. What's up with that? Is this normal delay?




  • I have a small parcel, nothing awkward or heavy that according to tracking has been in dublin (from the states) since April 23rd, i know they are dealing in large demands and may have many off sick however my partner ordered something similar two days after me and has it now. Very strange, no?.




  • I have a small parcel, nothing awkward or heavy that according to tracking has been in dublin (from the states) since April 23rd, i know they are dealing in large demands and may have many off sick however my partner ordered something similar two days after me and has it now. Very strange, no?.

    It is very strange.




  • I have a parcel sitting in Dublin since lunch time Wednesday. What's up with that? Is this normal delay?

    Likewise here.
    My tracking says -sorted in Dublin Weds 6th. Still waiting for delivery.

    My Amazon order page initially said , delivery next Tuesday .
    It would seem An Post do not want to make a liar out of Amazon




  • I have a small parcel, nothing awkward or heavy that according to tracking has been in dublin (from the states) since April 23rd, i know they are dealing in large demands and may have many off sick however my partner ordered something similar two days after me and has it now. Very strange, no?.

    CN stuff acts that way all the time. They don't seem to bother processing cages First In First Out.


  • Advertisement


  • yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Likewise here.
    My tracking says -sorted in Dublin Weds 6th. Still waiting for delivery.

    My Amazon order page initially said , delivery next Tuesday .
    It would seem An Post do not want to make a liar out of Amazon

    My delivery date was meant to be yesterday.


Advertisement