Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home taps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Created a Facebook account and got sorted today. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Invincible

maddness wrote: »
    Created a Facebook account and got sorted today. Thanks for the info.

What did you buy?

As mentioned on a previous post I don’t have Facebook so unfortunately I’m not able to get on to see any posts like the above one for the used set up.
    I’d be interested in the one above thought if it was closer to 500 and not €600.
    The other dispenser one looks great but not for Guinness I assume.

From what I've heard from beer-coolers.co.uk, it works fine for Guinness with the correct creamer nozzle and switching off compressor and using gas. Great price in above link.
    One member of the bars group said he uses it for hire and to dispense Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »

€450 has been mentioned as price he's looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Invincible wrote: »
    €450 has been mentioned as price he's looking for.

seems good value i got mine for that including gas/lines/tap/regulator/coupliers for that price so maybe 50 off seems ok

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

RasTa wrote: »
    That's a glycol cooler, has to be filled with glycol not water. Also that's not Guinness Gas.

jt69er wrote: »
    That's a glycol cooler, has to be filled with glycol not water. Also that's not Guinness Gas.

Ya ur right on the cooler. Not sure who that gas is with. I got my bottle 70/30 stargas included with mine with some gas left but wasn't sure so had it filled in my local depot for €55.should last about 10 kegs

Ya ur right on the cooler. Not sure who that gas is with. I got my bottle 70/30 stargas included with mine with some gas left but wasn't sure so had it filled in my local depot for €55.should last about 10 kegs

You'll get your cleaning bottle & caps to suit cheaper here https://www.platinumbeverages.co.uk/line-cleaning

He quoted me 5L bottle £25 ex Vat
    Cleaning caps £21 ex Vat
    Postage £10

• Advertisement

You'll get your cleaning bottle & caps to suit cheaper here https://www.platinumbeverages.co.uk/line-cleaning

He quoted me 5L bottle £25 ex Vat
    Cleaning caps £21 ex Vat
    Postage £10

Lads, yer being ripped off here big time, most of your local bars would have some of these cleaning bottles knocking around in their stores, they get them free from breweries. I'm sure they would give you a lend of one for a couple of hours.

Lads, yer being ripped off here big time, most of your local bars would have some of these cleaning bottles knocking around in their stores, they get them free from breweries. I'm sure they would give you a lend of one for a couple of hours.

Rather have my own to be honest.prices quoted above are very reasonable. Wouldn't even dream of asking my local publican.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rather have my own to be honest.prices quoted above are very reasonable. Wouldn't even dream of asking my local publican.

With bars back open I'd be of the same thinking.

They've helped me out with stuff while they were closed but now that they are back open, I'd support them by drinking pints in their pub and not asking for free stuff so my own pints will pull well.

shmeee wrote: »
    With bars back open I'd be of the same thinking.

They've helped me out with stuff while they were closed but now that they are back open, I'd support them by drinking pints in their pub and not asking for free stuff so my own pints will pull well.

I'm sure if you gave him the €70 you're been charged for a 5lt plastic bottle he'd let you have it any time u want.

I'm sure if you gave him the €70 you're been charged for a 5lt plastic bottle he'd let you have it any time u want.

Nah you're not making any sense at all. Support the pubs and don't be asking for freebies to give back when done. If u are having a home bar at least be setup with everything u need and want and be done with it at least that way u have it when u need it. Who goes into a pub and asks to borrow his line cleaner and detergent in fairness now...

If you're serious about supporting your local why have a home bar in the first place. Would that 70 euro not be better spent locally.

If you're serious about supporting your local why have a home bar in the first place. Would that 70 euro not be better spent locally.

I do support my local very much so thanks.bargains to be had out there. I bought a 15 litre beer cleaning bottle with s type coupler for €56 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joeyoey

I do support my local very much so thanks.bargains to be had out there. I bought a 15 litre beer cleaning bottle with s type coupler for €56 delivered.

Do you mind telling where you got that thanks

joeyoey wrote: »

Hi actually won it on ebay auction for £44 +£7 postage by pure luck. Includes s type cap also which is worth £20+ alone

I actually have alot things watching on ebay all the time and pounce at the last min if worth the price. Worth spending few mins now and again searching for items. Plenty bargains to be had

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking for a u coupler one but the cheapest I can see is 70 euro delivered. I'll keep an eye on ebay.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking for a u coupler one but the cheapest I can see is 70 euro delivered. I'll keep an eye on ebay.

I'm same looking for one also. I won't pay anything like that for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

What did you buy?

The guy let me down.
    I’m back on the lookout again for a Guinness tap and the rest.

He'll post for about £8
    https://www.platinumbeverages.co.uk/product-page/u-type-keg-connector

The guy let me down.
    I’m back on the lookout again for a Guinness tap and the rest.

Free delivery Ireland & UK
    On messenger, very responsive.
    https://www.platinumbeverages.co.uk/complete-home-installations

Just to clarify it's the cleaning bottle and u type adaptor for same i'll be looking for. The regular couplers and taps always crop up on ebay etc relatively cheaply or on some of the home bar pages on facebook. A lot of UK sites quote vat not included.

Just to clarify it's the cleaning bottle and u type adaptor for same i'll be looking for. The regular couplers and taps always crop up on ebay etc relatively cheaply or on some of the home bar pages on facebook. A lot of UK sites quote vat not included.

Ah sorry, misunderstood.
    He does cleaning bottles, £10 delivery.

How do ye guys clean the Guinness glasses at home. I've heard some people use salt water and rinse out or use a spoon of washing machine powder in hot water and rinse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How do ye guys clean the Guinness glasses at home. I've heard some people use salt water and rinse out or use a spoon of washing machine powder in hot water and rinse

Just wash them in hot soapy water and rinse well.
    They are just glasses.
    Guinness is just beer.
    There is no magic.

The glasses just need to be clean, dry and free of detergent or other residues. Beer isn't difficult to wash out.

• Advertisement

Just wash them in soapy water and rinse well.
    They are just glasses.
    Guinness is just beer.
    There is no magic.

The glasses just need to be clean, dry and free of detergent or other residues. Beer isn't difficult to wash out.
    If u want a **** pint yeah ill do it that way. But anyway found the recommended way from FB page.great group for advice. Full sink boiling with hot water. Put 2-3 scoops of any washing powder in and mix around. I use oxy clean BTW as it's recommended.only few euro in lidl.put glasses in and wash with clean sponge or brush and rinse well and leave to air dry. Glasses are now grease and beer clean. U will see the difference in pint when u do that.

Advertisement