Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicking noise from the BB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

koutoubia wrote: »
    I have the same creaking/clicking on my Ultra Torque. Have just swapped over the bearings and will see tommorow if its the cure.
    Press Fit as well.
    Bearings I took off seemed good.If it persists I will go down the route of converting from PF to screw in.

Well koutoubia, how did you get on? Problem solved?

Also, how did you remove the bearings? Do you have a bearing pullers,or did you DIY it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

No .
    Creaking/clicking still there.
    Am gonna ask LBS if they fancy removing the press fit cups and I will get an adaptor.

Yeah I have the park tool UT specific puller.
    If you ever need it you know ,roughly, where I am.

I would be of the opinion that grease only silences the creak but doesnt solve the underlying issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

koutoubia wrote: »
    No .
    Creaking/clicking still there.
    Am gonna ask LBS if they fancy removing the press fit cups and I will get an adaptor.

Yeah I have the park tool UT specific puller.
    If you ever need it you know ,roughly, where I am.

I would be of the opinion that grease only silences the creak but doesnt solve the underlying issue!

That's a bit of a bummer alright. After getting a new BB,i really hope you've confirmed that the noise is not the pedals! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

07Lapierre wrote: »
    That's a bit of a bummer alright. After getting a new BB,i really hope you've confirmed that the noise is not the pedals! ;)

Ah I had changed the bearings in the pedals not too long ago and from previous experience I make sure there is plenty of grease on the threads.
    Anyway just to be sure I swapped pedals today and sure enough the horrible creak had not dissapeared.
    Time to order the adaptor thing!

Advertisement