Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Options

Comments

I purchased the IdeaPad 5 14" a few days ago (despite being only 1.6" less diagonal, the footprint is significantly smaller so it'll be a lot more convenient for throwing in a backpack)

Processor - Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (1.00GHz, up to 3.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 6MB Cache)
    Operating System - Free-DOS
    Operating System Language - Free-DOS
    Memory - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Hard Drive - 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2280, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 2.4mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel
    Graphic Card - NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GDDR5 2GB 64bits
    Color - Graphite Grey
    Keyboard - Keyboard Backlit Iron Grey English (UK)
    Camera - 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
    Surface Treatment - Anodizing
    Palmrest - Metal
    Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
    Battery - 3 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 57Wh
    Power Cord - 95W AC Adapter (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
    Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 or above
    Language Pack - Publication-English
    Warranty - 1 Year Courier or Carry-in

MX350 should be about 60-70% better GPU perf than the best Ryzen 4*** IGPU, although the battery life will be a bit less. sRGB screen, a samsung SSD drive (the m2.2280 is equivalent to a 970 pro apparently) and an all metal construction are nice too.

Ended up being €589.17 & the €3.80 parcel motel charge.
    I eventually got a 10% refund for the delay in shipping, so I only paid €537 total (pm+insurance) for this in the end.

Got this for €13.70 direct from Lenovo too, and it's v.nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 inyourp

I eventually got a 10% refund for the delay in shipping, so I only paid €537 total (pm+insurance) for this in the end.

Got this for €13.70 direct from Lenovo too, and it's v.nice

I'll be asking for minimum 20% or will return it. Mine is coming in September :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Raging I missed out on this, but I’m sure something else will come along

inyourp wrote: »
    I'll be asking for minimum 20% or will return it. Mine is coming in September :D
    I didn't ask for a discount, I complained about getting something like 8 different delivery estimates and the parcel disappearing off tracking with UPS twice. If you hit them with an attitude of "You owe me a discount" I think they'll tell you to shove it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 inyourp

I didn't ask for a discount, I complained about getting something like 8 different delivery estimates and the parcel disappearing off tracking with UPS twice. If you hit them with an attitude of "You owe me a discount" I think they'll tell you to shove it tbh.

I'll call it compensation and if it does arrive in september and they refuse Im happy to return it. By September there will already be a lot more competition from other brands and possinly hints of ryzen 5000 processors. Even at 600-700euro it's not worth the price if wait time is 3 months. Already some Dell and HP laptops.on the market with 4700U and 5-10 days delivery times.

• Advertisement

Then cancel ��*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Can you recommend HP or Dell laptop with:
    Thin bezel screen
    8 GB ram
    i5 processor or equivalent
    Metallic body.

Thank you.
    I'll call it compensation and if it does arrive in september and they refuse Im happy to return it. By September there will already be a lot more competition from other brands and possinly hints of ryzen 5000 processors. Even at 600-700euro it's not worth the price if wait time is 3 months. Already some Dell and HP laptops.on the market with 4700U and 5-10 days delivery times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Ryzen 5 is next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Some good deals on the 15.6 inch Ideapad 3 available on the Lenovo website again .

https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/ierewards/laptops/ideapad/s-series/IdeaPad-3-15ARE05/p/88IPS301432

Ryzen 4500,8GB of Ram,256GB SSD ,1080p IPS screen for under 500 euro (using 10% discount and rewards site)
    Not as good value as the Ideapad 5 offer a while back but still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Just wondering what is the pass code?
    Thanks
    Zardoz wrote: »
    Some good deals on the 15.6 inch Ideapad 3 available on the Lenovo website again .

https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/ierewards/laptops/ideapad/s-series/IdeaPad-3-15ARE05/p/88IPS301432

Ryzen 4500,8GB of Ram,256GB SSD ,1080p IPS screen for under 500 euro (using 10% discount and rewards site)

• Advertisement

Just wondering what is the pass code?
    Thanks

EXCLUSIVEWRKIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Has the double discount started working again? Otherwise, the additional 10% won't apply as soon as you try to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you. Its a great deal.

I am wondering if its a metal chassis? And it says shipping time more than 6 weeks. Do they usually deliver it before 6 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

EXCLUSIVEWRKIT!

Seems that code not working today.
    "It's not you it's us" message

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

MAJJ wrote: »

Working now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

MAJJ wrote: »

Need to keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Does anyone have a code for % off all orders?

Lenovo seem to have pulled the 4300,4500 and 4700 configurations for the 15 inch Ideapad 3 ,which was there last night .
    Its back to the 3000 series now.

The double discount does work yes ,I checked it last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I purchased the IdeaPad 5 14" a few days ago (despite being only 1.6" less diagonal, the footprint is significantly smaller so it'll be a lot more convenient for throwing in a backpack)

Processor - Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (1.00GHz, up to 3.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 6MB Cache)
    Operating System - Free-DOS
    Operating System Language - Free-DOS
    Memory - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Hard Drive - 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2280, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 2.4mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel
    Graphic Card - NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GDDR5 2GB 64bits
    Color - Graphite Grey
    Keyboard - Keyboard Backlit Iron Grey English (UK)
    Camera - 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
    Surface Treatment - Anodizing
    Palmrest - Metal
    Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
    Battery - 3 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 57Wh
    Power Cord - 95W AC Adapter (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
    Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 or above
    Language Pack - Publication-English
    Warranty - 1 Year Courier or Carry-in

MX350 should be about 60-70% better GPU perf than the best Ryzen 4*** IGPU, although the battery life will be a bit less. sRGB screen, a samsung SSD drive (the m2.2280 is equivalent to a 970 pro apparently) and an all metal construction are nice too.

Ended up being €589.17 & the €3.80 parcel motel charge.

Is this still available at this price? I'm not seeing it

Looking for an i5 processor with 8-16 Gb of Ram

Screen size: I'm not sure yet, 14 or 15" and nothing too heavy weight wise

How long currently are deliveries?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Anyone able to receive the subscriber email discount ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 kody33

yes, i got it today

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

kody33 wrote: »
    yes, i got it today
    Trying to get the t14s AMD through the rewards store but its not letting the subscriber email discount on top unfortunately must only work on certain laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

kody33 wrote: »
    yes, i got it today

I've being trying with an Ideapad and it won't work.
    What did you get it to work on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Father is looking for a budget laptop and I remembered this thread. Did up an Ideapad 5 with AMD Ryzen 3.

Anybody know how well this would hold up for light photoshop usage and some music software?

Processor : AMD Ryzen 3 4300U Processor (2.70GHz, Max Boost up to 3.70GHz, 4 Cores, 4MB Cache)
    Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
    Operating System Language : Windows 10 Home 64 English
    Microsoft Productivity Software : Microsoft Office Trial
    Memory : 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 3.0mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Wing126 wrote: »
    Father is looking for a budget laptop and I remembered this thread. Did up an Ideapad 5 with AMD Ryzen 3.

Anybody know how well this would hold up for light photoshop usage and some music software?

Processor : AMD Ryzen 3 4300U Processor (2.70GHz, Max Boost up to 3.70GHz, 4 Cores, 4MB Cache)
    Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
    Operating System Language : Windows 10 Home 64 English
    Microsoft Productivity Software : Microsoft Office Trial
    Memory : 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 3.0mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel

Probably much better than he needs.
    Honestly looks like a high end laptop to me.
    That will handle anything thrown at it which doesn't need major gfx card instantly.
    Only thing I'd ask is how the battery life is, but with amd 4000 series, SSD and 14inch screen it will probably be 4-8 hours no questions asked.
    Even that ram is stupidly fast.
    I honestly don't think you need to go above 400 for a top class laptop for everyday use nowadays.

The 14 and 15 inch ThinkPads are available now .
    E15 Gen 2 with Ryzen 4500u,8GB of Ram,256GB SSD,IPS screen,fingerprint reader and backlit keyboard is 550 euro .
    Excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

E15 Gen 2 with Ryzen 4500u,8GB of Ram,256GB SSD,IPS screen,fingerprint reader and backlit keyboard is 550 euro .
    Excellent value

Apologies if this question has been asked; where do you get this price?

I've logged into the Lenovo.ie site but I can only see the base price for the 14 and 15 inch ThinkPads is 649/659 euro?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Excellent value

What would be the benefit of getting a Thinkpad over an Ideapad?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

I'm wondering the same .

Also was looking at the Honor magicbook and Huawei Mate book.From looking online they seem to be basically the same machine, Honor is owed by Huawei.

Better to go with Lenovo or honor/Huawei, they are all very similarly priced machines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

All I know is that Thinkpads are more high end/more expensive. The last company I worked for you got a thinkpad if you were stuck at your desk doing very processor/graphics heavy work whereas all the employees who travelled a lot got the lighter Ideapads.

I do prefer the ruggedness of the Thinkpads, they have good thick plastic on them I find. I would have regretting buying the Ideapad if there was a DOS version of the Thinkpad available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement