Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The answer my friend...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would of got that question wrong in a quiz

Always through The Byrds wrote it

I like ‘my back pages’ too

Both the Dylan and Byrds versions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m guessing ‘Baby Please Stop Crying’ from the album Street Legal.

No had a listen,

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

It’s really hard to pick one favourite song . It changes week to week .
    At the moment it’s , Series of dreams, Most of the time , Seven days , Caribbean wind , Precious angel , Black diamond bay , Things have changed , I’ll leave it at that for now .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

cj maxx wrote: »
    No had a listen,

How about ‘Jokerman’ from the album Infidels?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MadYaker wrote: »
    I heard Things Have Changed for the first time a few days ago and have it on repeat since. I’ve never listened to him much, his delivery is very interesting, he puts emphasis on odd syllables which gives the tunes an unpredictable feel. Cool lyrics too.

The baxtard changed his opening song from this too Ballad Of A thin man a few days before the Kilkenny 2019 show

Wanted to hear things have changed but sadly not

Ain't me babe is another surprising one that Dylan wrote but you would of guessed it was Johnny Cash who did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ain't me babe is another surprising one that Dylan wrote but you would of guessed it was Johnny Cash who did

Hmm, I never thought that but I can hear what you mean. I could actually imagine Johnny singing Motorpsycho Nitemare too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How about ‘Jokerman’ from the album Infidels?

Na. I thought it was sweetheart like you from oh mercy but alas, I'll find it

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

Someone mentioned Changing of the guards .
    Look up Patti Smiths version on you tube, you won’t be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

Neighborhood Bully, his most personal and political song,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

corazon wrote: »
    Neighborhood Bully, his most personal and political song,

Zionist ****e.

IMHO

Actually I really like A Sweetheart Like You which is on the same album I believe.

Also, Simple Twist of Fate
    Senor
    Subterranean Homesick Blues
    Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands
    Tangled up in Blue
    Leopard skin Pillbox Hat
    Hurricane
    Wicked Messenger
    in fact, most of them. Too long to list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Hurricane is his best song by an absolute mile

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What do you Dylan fans make of Murder Most Foul?

I'm not a massive BD fan myself, more a causal admirer.

But I have listened to this song quite a few times now when I'm on night shift. I think it's a belter.

Btw, not saying it's his best ever at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of the guy’s “work” but he really could have done with an editor.

I see the song ‘Hurricane’ getting mentioned a fair bit here. The first time I encountered that one was in the movie ‘Dazed and Confused’, used very well too but then you seek it out and listen and you realise that it’s overly long and only really has a good “hook”.

Reminds me of when ‘Spaceman’ by Babylon Zoo was used on a Levi’s ad. Everyone thought it was some class “dance” tune but after the intro it descends into a torpid , faux-grunge, dirge.

Dylan has a fair few “tracks” that would be better served with editing out a number of verses.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Positively 4th Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I see the song ‘Hurricane’ getting mentioned a fair bit here. The first time I encountered that one was in the movie ‘Dazed and Confused’

Same as! Great scene, good song.

I'm sure its been mentioned before on the thread and I can't claim to be a Dylan aficionado but I've always loved Tangled Up In Blue.

Advertisement