Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail camera

Options
  • 21-04-2020 11:01am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭


    Was looking over a few threads on the above but they're a good few years old now and cameras have come on a good bit so was looking for opinions on the cameras selling on Amazon and the like for €50.Ive one picked which is a Campark model and costs around €50 by the time its delivered.
    Most of the cheap makes are very similar just with different brand names,which would make me believe they are mostly from one factory.I'll be using it mostly for vermin tracking (fox,mink) and also for talking a few short videos of buzzards feeding on roadkill i pick up (pigeon,pheasant).
    Does anyone have the Campark make or one of similar price that they can reccomend.And are they a worthwhile investment for the hunter or casual wildlife fan.Thanks.
    https://www.campark.net/products/campark-t30-trail-game-cameras-hd-wildlife-deer-hunting-cams.
    This camera is available on Amazon.uk as well


«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej


    I bought this before the shooting season last year, £19 when there was an offer going.
    It was OK for what I needed, to get photo's of where the deer were moving where I shoot.

    The night vision photo's didn't have a good angle of view nor range but it did what I needed it to do. It showed me where the deer were and in what fields.
    Batteries (cheap AA) lasted a good time, 2 sets of 8 did me for the 6 months.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H7D83PZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    510420.jpg

    510419.JPG

    510418.JPG

    IMAG0019.JPG

    IMAG0005.JPG

    FB_IMG_1568635219958.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej


    Asus1 wrote: »
    Was looking over a few threads on the above but they're a good few years old now and cameras have come on a good bit so was looking for opinions on the cameras selling on Amazon and the like for €50.Ive one picked which is a Campark model and costs around €50 by the time its delivered.
    Most of the cheap makes are very similar just with different brand names,which would make me believe they are mostly from one factory.I'll be using it mostly for vermin tracking (fox,mink) and also for talking a few short videos of buzzards feeding on roadkill i pick up (pigeon,pheasant).
    Does anyone have the Campark make or one of similar price that they can reccomend.And are they a worthwhile investment for the hunter or casual wildlife fan.Thanks.
    https://www.campark.net/products/campark-t30-trail-game-cameras-hd-wildlife-deer-hunting-cams.
    This camera is available on Amazon.uk as well

    Have a look at that trail cam on Amazon.co.uk. Good enough reviews on it and a video. But the LED's are not invisible
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/RE5E0JAW9J6D5/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07L4KHV11#RE5E0JAW9J6D5


  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1


    clivej wrote: »
    I bought this before the shooting season last year, £19 when there was an offer going.
    It was OK for what I needed, to get photo's of where the deer were moving where I shoot.

    The night vision photo's didn't have a good angle of view nor range but it did what I needed it to do. It showed me where the deer were and in what fields.
    Batteries (cheap AA) lasted a good time, 2 sets of 8 did me for the 6 months.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H7D83PZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    510420.jpg

    510419.JPG

    510418.JPG

    IMAG0019.JPG

    IMAG0005.JPG

    FB_IMG_1568635219958.jpg

    At £19 you did well.Im not looking for anything to expensive just something to help me get a few of the sneaky fox that are always knocking around and a short video of buzzards for the nieces and nephews.Is your camera still working,any water leaking into it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    Y'all do belive in spending money is all I can say.:)
    Have a look on Wish.com or Aliexpress.com for how much those exact same cameras are.

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1


    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Y'all do belive in spending money is all I can say.:)
    Have a look on Wish.com or Aliexpress.com for how much those exact same cameras are.

    True but at least with Amazon you get a year for faults and failures and hopefully you can get it in a couple of weeks versus a couple of months.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej


    Asus1 wrote: »
    At £19 you did well.Im not looking for anything to expensive just something to help me get a few of the sneaky fox that are always knocking around and a short video of buzzards for the nieces and nephews.Is your camera still working,any water leaking into it.

    It was out in the rain a lot but never let in the water.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    Asus1 wrote: »
    True but at least with Amazon you get a year for faults and failures and hopefully you can get it in a couple of weeks versus a couple of months.

    Pre Covid,I got mine within 4 weeks,orderd well pre season,and at the price,how bad if they didn't work and you got a couple of seasons out of them in the Irish climate?

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭minktrapper


    Don't see that camera on Aliexpress.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    Because it is dated as Hell? :)Lads anything without a SMS function that sends you pics in real time isnt worth talking about anymore.Whats with this having to go all the time and download pics,when there are trailcams ot there that can send you pics and in some cases vid clips in realtime to your PC or phone?
    I'm going to try these ones next season and see if thy are worth it.
    The Chinese versions seem to have a problem with our SD cards for Three,which has taken over Meteor these days,and seemingly were all programmed to accept METEOR cards.

    https://www.spypoint.shop/products/spypoint-link-micro

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kunekunesika


    Will the spy point ones work in Ireland as easily as they say.? I want plug and play,


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    Dunno,but it should ,if it works on EU and UK systems.

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1


    Just a quick update.Camera has been out now over a month and its working brilliant.Have captured fox and badgers with it also hares and pheasant.Battery performance seems ok as I put some cheap pennys ones in it.Display screen is great as you can view videos and pictures on site without bringing the sd card home to view it.
    Some minor quibbles is that the leds are not invisible but a light red which puts some fox's off coming to the bait as I've seen on the video.Badgers on the other hand are intrigued by it so much that I have had to move it high enough to stop them moving it with their snout.Also if you set the pir detection high you get lovely video of moving grass so I keep it on low and it seems to capture everything.
    Overall great camera for the land I have it on and would recommend it.Im putting some more cameras out on a bit more open bog/farmland and I'm going with the cheap no lcd display models from aliexpress for €20 as Im not convinced these would not be robbed and for €20 I'll take the hit.
    To finish i cant say enough good thing's about trail cameras,they are great for kids to see whats around them at night and its handy for us "adults" who hunt or like looking at wildlife.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭J.R.


    Asus1 wrote: »
    Display screen is great as you can view videos and pictures on site without bringing the sd card home to view it.

    I bring a very small notebook or tablet with me and upload the SD card to it. Can then erase SD card on site and insert it again ready to continue filming.

    I can view the photos then at home on a larger screen and save them.

    You can also purchase a lead that enables you to save SD card data to your mobile phone...very handy for checking trail cams.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭enricoh


    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Because it is dated as Hell? :)Lads anything without a SMS function that sends you pics in real time isnt worth talking about anymore.Whats with this having to go all the time and download pics,when there are trailcams ot there that can send you pics and in some cases vid clips in realtime to your PC or phone?
    I'm going to try these ones next season and see if thy are worth it.
    The Chinese versions seem to have a problem with our SD cards for Three,which has taken over Meteor these days,and seemingly were all programmed to accept METEOR cards.

    https://www.spypoint.shop/products/spypoint-link-micro

    Lads my German is brutal, I have an issue with a neighbour coming onto our land and doing a bit of sabotage. Does this camera have visible red lights like CCTV cameras? And does it flash/ click when it takes a photo? Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33


    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Because it is dated as Hell? :)Lads anything without a SMS function that sends you pics in real time isnt worth talking about anymore.Whats with this having to go all the time and download pics,when there are trailcams ot there that can send you pics and in some cases vid clips in realtime to your PC or phone?
    I'm going to try these ones next season and see if thy are worth it.
    The Chinese versions seem to have a problem with our SD cards for Three,which has taken over Meteor these days,and seemingly were all programmed to accept METEOR cards.

    https://www.spypoint.shop/products/spypoint-link-micro



    I use the spypoint now with great success. Just so you know the At&T US version work over here also.
    I picked up 3 of them for $100 each on amazon.com

    Good bit cheaper than the €210 I paid for my first camera.

    BE AWARE that you only get 100 free pictures per month unless you sign up to a plan with spypoint.
    You pictures also disappear after the month so ensure you save the ones you want to keep


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    enricoh wrote: »
    Lads my German is brutal, I have an issue with a neighbour coming onto our land and doing a bit of sabotage. Does this camera have visible red lights like CCTV cameras? And does it flash/ click when it takes a photo? Thanks

    Not unless your neighbour can see in 0.5 of a second from 24 meters away and has IR capable eyes.:)

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe


    enricoh wrote: »
    Lads my German is brutal, I have an issue with a neighbour coming onto our land and doing a bit of sabotage. Does this camera have visible red lights like CCTV cameras? And does it flash/ click when it takes a photo? Thanks
    https://translate.google.ie/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.spypoint.shop%2Fproducts%2Fspypoint-link-micro


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭enricoh


    GrumpyMe wrote: »

    Thanks for that, on the webpage it says 100 free photos per month which would be loads for me. So do I buy the trail camera, go get say a Vodafone sim card and then get up to 100 a month photos sent to my normal phone?
    Thanks (I'm not very technically advanced!)


  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33


    enricoh wrote: »
    Thanks for that, on the webpage it says 100 free photos per month which would be loads for me. So do I buy the trail camera, go get say a Vodafone sim card and then get up to 100 a month photos sent to my normal phone?
    Thanks (I'm not very technically advanced!)

    The spypoint comes with its own sim.

    Bear in mind they also take pictures of moving trees etc so make sure you remove anything like leaves and small branches that could give you false triggers thus eating up your monthly allowance
    Low evening direct sunshine causes triggers too


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    As can ground mist,direct morning sunlight,the tree [usually] or item you mount it on moving in wind,birds,bats at night,owls ,and occasionaly what you actually want to see like 2legged pests or deer.:D
    I've had the gamut of the above setting off mine.Bit of science in setting these yokes up.:D

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84


    Before I open up a new thread does anyone know about the NARGC or giving money back on buying one of these trail cameras??purchased in Ireland obviously,
    A farmer approached me about this when I was in his field so I would like to be as much help to him as possible


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭J.R.


    tweek84 wrote: »
    Before I open up a new thread does anyone know about the NARGC or giving money back on buying one of these trail cameras??purchased in Ireland obviously,
    A farmer approached me about this when I was in his field so I would like to be as much help to him as possible

    Never heard of anything like that.

    The NARGC subsidise the purchase of poults & vermin traps by clubs.

    I never heard of trail camera's being added to the list


  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭wicklow_hunter


    Hi All, just reigniting this thread. As deer season is coming up looking to see has anyone had sugcess with any other products.

    I bought a Chinese version last year , it did work but never managed to get it to send pics via email

    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/123883840282


    My problem with it was it would chew up a €10 of credit as each pic msg was 25 cent on meteor.

    It also didn’t like water and died🀔

    It could trigger 10 times in unfavourable weather conditions

    Looking for a camera that works on data transfer (email) and not mms.

    Are there any other options that ppl on here have been sugcessfully without costing a small fortune to buy and run

    Spypoints free 100 pics Is not for me 🙈 would be concerned it’s could get expensive to run


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45


    Meteor seems to be the common denominator and setting for these cameras here in Ireland.
    Mine did originally send both mms and emails.But somthing changed when meteor went to whatever it is now,and I cant get them to work with the new chips.
    One season is bad with them.Igot 3to4 out of mine.Even if they were totally flooded out with rain,I just put them on a radiator for a couple of days and they worked fine.
    Going to try the spypoint this season and see how it goes.

    "If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

    Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Chiparus


    Hi All, just reigniting this thread. As deer season is coming up looking to see has anyone had sugcess with any other products.

    I bought a Chinese version last year , it did work but never managed to get it to send pics via email

    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/123883840282


    My problem with it was it would chew up a €10 of credit as each pic msg was 25 cent on meteor.

    It also didn’t like water and died��

    It could trigger 10 times in unfavourable weather conditions

    Looking for a camera that works on data transfer (email) and not mms.

    Are there any other options that ppl on here have been sugcessfully without costing a small fortune to buy and run

    Spypoints free 100 pics Is not for me �� would be concerned it’s could get expensive to run

    This type of camera will work with email.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqbKAFvvgc&t=2s


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej


    I'm seeing that a lot of the cameras that use a sim card are 2G. I don't think any of the Irish mobile company's support 2G anymore so none of them work here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral


    clivej wrote: »
    I'm seeing that a lot of the cameras that use a sim card are 2G. I don't think any of the Irish mobile company's support 2C anymore so none of them work here.

    And then they are the opposite end with LTE and must of us live in the countryside where its only 3g...

    Im actively looking to buy 3 or 4 3g type ones and struggling.


  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor


    I have one of the Suntek cameras (3rd one of your links) which frustratingly only worked via sim for a few months but no water what i have tried since including changing the config for the sim it will no longer email or mms pics. I even contacted Suntek and got the latest firmware but it still wont work. Can anyone recommend a good model that can be set up using my own sim as opposed to one like spypoint which uses their own sim and subscription service?

    Has anyone used the SpyPoint CELL-LINK which turns any trail camera into one that can email pics?

    Thanks in advance



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor


    In the end I bought a Boly BG584 from Irish Forestry Products, Caherconlish, Co.Limerick.

    Very happy with it as I find the Molnus app very user friendly.



Advertisement