Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an engrossing show to keep my mind off the current madness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After skipping out on the first season of Ozark, I played catch up leading up to season 3 airing. It's incredible and season 3 was top-class. Shame I didn't pay it more attention sooner.

After also skipping out mid-way through the first season (yep, it's a pattern) of Killing Eve, decided to catch up over the last week. First year was solid but once Waller-Bridge stopped writing, the show went downhill hugely.

Watching the second series of Save Me now.. love Lennie James. It's a great cast to be honest.

Not sure what's next for me.. maybe The Umbrella Academy - which I also opted out of during.. yep you guessed it.. the first season.

Yeah, I though killing eve was kind of symptomatic of whats going wrong with tv in general..very slick, all action shots to music, thin enough on the actual drama..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Oh forgot to mention The Night Manager if not already seen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Resurrection - Ertugrul on Netflix.
    450 40 min episodes of swashbuckling & intrigue . By the time you’ve finished watching we’ll be allowed back outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Resurrection - Ertugrul on Netflix.
    450 40 min episodes of swashbuckling & intrigue . By the time you’ve finished watching we’ll be allowed back outside

Just had a look at it to make sure that wasn't a typo! Holy crap...over a hundred episodes in season two !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'm about to give Kidding a watch, starring Jim Carrey.

Never heard of it before a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

JayRoc wrote: »
    Just had a look at it to make sure that wasn't a typo! Holy crap...over a hundred episodes in season two !!!

Took me about 6 months to watch them all but enjoyed it! Looking forward to the 6th season Resurrection Osman

Forgot about Person of Interest. It's brilliant. Bit corny to begin with, bit bad guy of the week-ish but it's the last series that I got that kinda empty feeling when you're about to finish a great book.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

So is Bosch worth watching?
    What's it about (without giving tooo much away)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

So is Bosch worth watching?
    What's it about (without giving tooo much away)

Very reliable, good warranty.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Forgot about Person of Interest. It's brilliant. Bit corny to begin with, bit bad guy of the week-ish but it's the last series that I got that kinda empty feeling when you're about to finish a great book.

Yes I kinda enjoyed the first few episodes of season one until other shows got my attention. I believe as the seasons grow it changes direction tonely and very much for the better

The big obstacle for in trying older network shows like this are their 24 episodes a season. The current standard of 10-14 episodes a season make for a much better viewing experience

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Yes I kinda enjoyed the first few episodes of season one until other shows got my attention. I believe as the seasons grow it changes direction tonely and very much for the better

The big obstacle for in trying older network shows like this are their 24 episodes a season. The current standard of 10-14 episodes a season make for a much better viewing experience

Have you watched Power ?

Have you watched Power ?

Think I'll pass on Power, thanks

Looking forward to more Succession tonight and then maybe a try of Bosch in a couple of weeks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The Blacklist is another one, very good. If you want something a little lighter, maybe The Rookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For light hearted, Psych is a great show

I'm upto episode 9 of Succession and really liking it now. It takes 7 episodes to lift off

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm upto episode 9 of Succession and really liking it now. It takes 7 episodes to lift off
    Forgot somehow to mention: 'Justified' also stars Walton Goggins is excellent in one of the main roles. You'll recall he was brilliant as Shane Vendrell in 'The Shield'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reminds me that his role in Sons of Anarchy was unexpected, to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Halt catch fire is a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

First bit of research on Succession and I see Jesse Armstrong is the creator

It already has my attention!

Where can that be watched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

lawred2 wrote: »
    Where can that be watched?

Sky Atlantic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sky Atlantic

Weird. Not coming up for me on nowtv

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

lawred2 wrote: »
    Weird. Not coming up for me on nowtv

It's not on NowTV as far as I know. 1st season can be streamed on Amazon for a fee.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Halt catch fire is a great watch.

Had a look of the premise there. Sounds great

Had a look of the premise there. Sounds great
    Another show that ended strongly too. I hate shows that end poorly as it leaves you feeling unsatisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ixoy wrote: »
    Another show that ended strongly too. I hate shows that end poorly as it leaves you feeling unsatisfied.

Ended on a high. (are you listening GOT!? :mad:)

ixoy wrote: »

Yes from looking at reviews it seems it started fairly average in season one but each season after getting stronger. The last season has wide critical acclaim

Is any of it's story based on Gates or Jobs etc, or is it 100% fiction?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Nothing is more engrossing than Home & Away. I would also recommend purchasing the Two and a half men box set, it gives me many laughs and I am a suicidal depressive so that speaks volumes. Maybe it is because the character Alan reminds me of myself, a failed man.

Is any of it's story based on Gates or Jobs etc, or is it 100% fiction?
    It's fictional but you can clearly map some of the characters - one for example will remind you of Jobs. Some of their ideas will also ring a bell or two but not to the extent it will feel they're plagarising - just using some of the themes and ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Criminal Minds. Excellent show. Its just finished up there recently and had a great ending too. Its 15 seasons long so lots to keep you entertained with and busy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement