Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to running please read

Options
  • 15-04-2020 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭

Together we are all in a frustrating situation. Lots of people are realising that for the short to medium term one of the only workouts in running. Some may have never have done it before.

About me:
    I am not an elite athlete by any stretch of the imagination. I started running in 2011 (I think) but the I was quite overweight and really really unfit. The following is not some sort of how great I am because I struggle every day like everyone else but only that I might be help/guide people at this time. So I ran Dublin Marathon in 4:27 ish in 2011 and in 2015 I ran London in 2:54. Up and down recently where work has taken over at times but in 64 mins shape for 10 miles a few weeks back. There is countless people on here more accomplished.

Experience: I have helped a few people on here and elsewhere progress (stop making the silly mistakes I did). Most of the time it's just answering questions that people are too afraid to ask and other times is showing them there is a method to get very fit from running if they are interested.

Why now?: I suppose a bit that there is a lot of negatively around and being able to contribute to someone positive life change is better than watching the news.

What I want from you?: All I ask is commitment and to give it 60 or 90 days. It will require a running watch or phone on your runs so that you can upload to Strava.

Your not going to Tokyo 2020(1) but I might be able to get you to love the sport that I love.

PS If there are other that feel the same feel free to offer similar.

Advertisement