Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown TV/Youtube and other entertainment channels

• 20-03-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

First world problems I know but.......

I wasn't 100% sure where to post this. Sky Sports are allowing customers to pause their subscription for the moment. I paused mine using the app so my bill has reduced by €40 a month for now. I subscribe to Sky Movies just because it's so cheap with the Sports so I did wonder if the monthly cost of this would increase on foot of pausing Sports. It remained at €9 a month when I paused the Sports. I tried to do it online and couldn't find the option but I got it using the app.

Stay safe everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Been trying for 2 days, it's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Boggles wrote: »
    Been trying for 2 days, it's not working.

They did mine over Twitter. SkyHelpIreland I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I've been trying to Pause mine when I log into my account on the website but every time I try I get the message below;

Sorry but we are having technical difficulties

Unfortunately, we have not been able to proceed with your order. Please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shebafay

Thank you
    Link worked

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I managed to get my sports cancelled today but it took soo oo long and had to go through so many hoops.... But when I eventually got talking to a rep it was done in seconds.

Got through through the mysky app, went into a Facebook messager thread, waited over an hour, eventually got taking to a rep after giving my details about three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Pause your Sports subscription
    In light of recent sports event postponements, you can pause your Sky Sports and/or Sports Extra until the action resumes.

Your Sports subscription payment will be paused until the action resumes
    All Sky Sports and/or Sports Extra channels plus your recordings will remain available
    As soon as the action returns, we will reinstate your Sports subscription. You don’t need to do anything.

If you pause - do you loose anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone else unable to pause due the error that they are having technical difficulties?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pipmae wrote: »
    First world problems I know but.......

I wasn't 100% sure where to post this. Sky Sports are allowing customers to pause their subscription for the moment. I paused mine using the app so my bill has reduced by €40 a month for now. I subscribe to Sky Movies just because it's so cheap with the Sports so I did wonder if the monthly cost of this would increase on foot of pausing Sports. It remained at €9 a month when I paused the Sports. I tried to do it online and couldn't find the option but I got it using the app.

Stay safe everyone.

I paused mine via the link on the thread here.

I noticed that I did not receive an email confirmation, so I went to my account and checked future bills, and I see that the bill now reflects the pause; however, they use the word cancellation of Sky Sports in the future bills, which is a bit misleading/confusing. I did not cancel Sky Sports. I paused it....

Little annoying/concerning. Now, I am sure it is just paused, but they should't be using the word cancellation here on customers' accounts.

Any ideas on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

If you are at a loose end with all this time on your hands and you like musicals and stage shows Andrew Lloyd-Webber is making all (I think) his stage show musicals free to watch on YouTube at the moment .
    I just finished watching Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - FULL SHOW on youtube and next Friday the stage show of Jesus Christ Superstar is on . Just thought I would spread the word for those that didnt know or are missing their nights out.

enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does ALW ever smile ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

they're cat

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

walshb wrote: »
    I paused mine via the link on the thread here.

I noticed that I did not receive an email confirmation, so I went to my account and checked future bills, and I see that the bill now reflects the pause; however, they use the word cancellation of Sky Sports in the future bills, which is a bit misleading/confusing. I did not cancel Sky Sports. I paused it....

Little annoying/concerning. Now, I am sure it is just paused, but they should't be using the word cancellation here on customers' accounts.

Any ideas on this?

If you cancel.: can.you still acces th e channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Pipmae

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    If you cancel.: can.you still acces th e channels?

Yes I can still access them.

Jesus Christ Superstar Stage Show is free for 48 hours on youtube starting tonight - you will like this one ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭wandererz

Current state of play:
    Netflix - everything of interest watched already. Boredom setting in.

Amazon Prime Video - same as above with significantly less content.

Now TV - Just getting back to this after a break. No Sky TV normally so it's nice to see a few different series or get back to new versions.

Disney+ - Honestly, the only thing of interest here for me is the Mandelorian. Everything else is kids, old or been watched already.

Microsoft Xbox Movies - delve into this about twice a month for 2 movies at a time. Perfect place to get relatively current movies, even though it's pay per movie.

Anyone have other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I got Now TV for two months as a Groupon deal with thr Entertainment and Hayu passes. It's alright for what I think of as "wallpaper" television like junkfood murder documentaries, but the app seems to be a bit moody with my Chromecast and it's rather frustrating that you don't seem to be able to just leave it running through a whole series, you have to pick out individual episodes. Grand value for what I paid for the two months but will probably cancel then.

Netflix's app always runs like a dream but it's got absolutely nothing for me lately. How To Fix a Drug Scandal was alright, but I zipped through it in no time.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,777 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭bmay529

Virginmedia.ie is offering the option to pause Sky Sports for 2 months at the moment during the Covid-19 outbreak saying... "If you need to avail of a payment break, we’ve made it possible for you to do so for 2 months by submitting a request form. You'll still be able to view Sky Sports channels during this time." You will need your account number.
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/sky-request-form/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Lying in bed with the blinds pulled, radiohead playing and I'm getting that weird fuzzy feeling in my head. Maybe we should just embrace the despair and weirdness caused by social isolation with a suitable soundtrack?

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

Phantom of the Opera AWL's free offering this weekend , but i have give up on it , not my cup of barry's ....

Advertisement