Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your worst ever race?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Slideways wrote: »
    3:40 in melb.

Yesterday did the 40 for 40 birthday social run
    3:35, nearly exactly 2 years since melb and 5 mins faster. Was great to run without the pressure of racing. That’s moving time as there was a few stops to pick up people who didn’t want to do the full distance and some water stops as it got a bit warm towards the end.

Nice one. It's awful when things start to go wrong. It's not just one thing it’s an entire domino effect.

I was supposed to run Athens in November but it has been cancelled. Being coached for sub 3:30- BP is 3:37 in Manchester 2 years ago with absolutely zero coaching and 3-4 runs a week on my own and that was including about 5 trips to the toilets so I should comfortably manage sub 3:30 perhaps closer to 3:20 as I have had a coach setting my weekly runs x 5 times a week via Training Peaks.

I am training/long runs comfortably at 7:25- 7:40 min/miles BUT (and it is a massive but)…we all know that is easier said than done on the day.

Did a 3hr training run last weekend and comfortably managed 36km including a 2 minute fuel stop plus 15 minute warm up and 15 min cool down on a hilly course. Still going to run a marathon the weekend of the 7/8 Nov but just not sure where yet.

Advertisement