Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King Sheep - Reveal Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Couple of... interesting answers here. Stone Cold Steve Austin under the dome would have been interesting.

Question 9: Name one of the 26 survivors in the novel Under The Dome

Dale "Barbie" Barbara - 7
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Collie D
    osh
    Penfailed
    sammyjo90
    Spook_ie
    Three More Big Sleeps

Julia Shumway - 4
    Choc Chip
    Ectoplasm
    quickbeam
    Ted_YNWA

ACES - 1:

Charlie - tusk
    Stone Cold Steve Austin - Hello 2D Person Below
    Scarecrow Joe McClatchey - khalessi
    Benny Drake - Pre Covid Choc Chip

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Question 5: Name a character who became a vampire in the novel 'Salem's Lot'

salems-lot.jpg

I wasn't gone on the movie made out of the novel, though the mini-series starring Rob Lowe is passable.

515Sd-I2yML._SY445_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

The movie scared the crap outta me as a kid

Susan Norton is a Sheep here, tusk on the other hand is watching Interview With A Vampire :P

Question 10: Name a character who was made a vampire in the novel Salem's Lot

Susan Norton - 6
    Choc Chip
    Collie D
    Ectoplasm
    Pre Covid Choc Chip
    Three More Big Sleeps

Danny Glick - 4
    khalessi
    osh
    Penfailed
    sammyjo90

Ralphie Glick - 2
    Spook_ie
    Ted_YNWA

ACES - 1:

Mike Ryerson - quickbeam
    Tom Cruise - tusk
    Ben Mears - Hello 2D Person Below

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Well Rob there doesnt look too impressed

• Advertisement

Quickbeam stays on top even after that ace last time out. Two points the gap to current Choc Chip.

Scores after question 10:

Player Score
    quickbeam 81
    Choc Chip 79
    Penfailed 77
    Pre Covid Choc Chip 77
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 75
    sammyjo90 75
    osh 70
    Collie D 70
    Ted_YNWA 70
    Three More Big Sleeps 68
    tusk 65
    Ectoplasm 63
    khalessi 62
    Spook_ie 54
    Hello 2D Person Below 50

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What is it about Rob Lowe and top billing? Even on The West Wing his is the only name in the opening credits not in alphabetical order. And he had been in nothing of any note before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

yeah that's seems more reasonable now haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I've realised that if I had to think about the answer, it might be different. All the ones where i automatically knew it and stuck down the obvious (in my own head) answer, they're exactly the same. i've not changed much at all in 6 months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Wow! I jumped from 10th to joint 3rd!

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Category 3: Castle Rock

44686448_686252988440660_1709801728641073152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=GOZzSCPNjUwAX-cb_Kr&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=018abbc66849ba7639744859e33aec4f&oe=5EAF3DA1

Question 1: Name an item purchased from the shop Needful Things

Another book that needs a mini-series reboot. The original was...eh... typical low budget King stuff.

Sandy Koufax does the job, whilst 2D and tusk are shopping for um.... essential items maybe? :D

Question 11: Name an item purchased from the shop Needful Things

Sandy Koufax baseball card - 10
    Collie D
    khalessi
    osh
    Penfailed
    quickbeam
    sammyjo90
    Spook_ie
    Ted_YNWA
    Three More Big Sleeps

Fox tail - 2
    Choc Chip
    Pre Covid Choc Chip

ACES - 1:

Tampons - tusk
    Ribbed strawberry condoms - Hello 2D Person Below
    Painting - Ectoplasm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

"needful" items...

Question 2: Name a prisoner in the novella, Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption

Two answers given here....

08_top10moviebromances.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Which of the boyos did ye pick?

It's a pretty damn even split, with just three points in favour of Andy Dufresne. Not bad FGers... Not bad at all.

Question 12: Name a prisoner in the novella, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption

Andy Dufresne - 9
    Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    osh
    Penfailed
    quickbeam
    sammyjo90
    Ted_YNWA
    Three More Big Sleeps

Red - 6
    Choc Chip
    Ectoplasm
    khalessi
    Pre Covid Choc Chip
    Spook_ie
    tusk

Question 3: Name a sheriff of Castle Rock

This was a question with the least amount of possible answers, and the four correct ones are:

Carl M. Kelso
    George Bannerman
    Alan Pangborn
    Norris Ridgewick

It's Pangborn that sheeps though. Sheriffs Joe and Johnson feature in later updates of the Hulu show, Ecto and tusk have the inside track ;)

Question 13: Name a sheriff of Castle Rock

Alan Pangborn - 8
    Choc Chip
    khalessi
    Penfailed
    Pre Covid Choc Chip
    quickbeam
    sammyjo90
    Spook_ie

George Bannerman - 5
    Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    osh
    Ted_YNWA
    Three More Big Sleeps

ACES - 1:

Johnson - tusk
    Sheriff Joe - Ectoplasm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Necro wrote: »

Fox tail - 2
    Choc Chip
    Pre Covid Choc Chip

Something stood out for me anyway...

Question 4: Name a character killed by a certain rabid St. Bernard in the novel entitled in his name

142312249-4b0a3620-65b1-4832-885e-2159c7cb7a26.jpg

Awwww just look at that loveable face :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Andy Dufresne

Did anyone read the book before seeing the film and pronounce it Du-fres-ne rather than Du-frane?

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ha! I just made up a name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Question 4: Name a character killed by a certain rabid St. Bernard in the novel entitled in his name

Awwww just look at that loveable face :P

A face only a mother could love

Poor old Gary Pervier Sheeps here with Bannerman and Cambers drawing level.

Beethoven probably would have been killed... had he been in the novel. And Ecto is back to trying to charm me with her own language now :P

Question 14: Name a character killed by a certain rabid St. Bernard in the novel Cujo

Gary Pervier - 6
    khalessi
    osh
    quickbeam
    Spook_ie
    Ted_YNWA
    Three More Big Sleeps

George Bannerman - 3
    Collie D
    Pre Covid Choc Chip

Joe Cambers - 3
    Choc Chip
    Penfailed
    sammyjo90

ACES - 1:

Mr. Pritchard - tusk
    Beethoven - Hello 2D Person Below
    Cantjo - Ectoplasm

Question 5: Name one of the children who discovers the body of Ray Browers in the novella, The Body

4cf62b27fb0b43cdea27061808bf36b3

Poor old Teddy Duchamp gets left out. At least the other three lads get mentioned but Gordie is a big sheep.

Question 15: Name one of the children who discovers the body of Ray Browers in the novella, The Body

Gordie Lachance - 10
    Collie D
    Ectoplasm
    khalessi
    osh
    Penfailed
    quickbeam
    sammyjo90
    Spook_ie
    Ted_YNWA
    Three More Big Sleeps

ACES - 1:

Vern Tessio - Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Mikey - tusk
    Billy Bonds - Hello 2D Person Below
    Chris Chambers - Choc Chip
    Billy Tessio - Pre Covid Choc Chip

QB has extended her lead to 7 points at the top now with Penfailed in second. Down the bottom tusk has gone spoon hunting but 2D has a deathgrip on it currently.

Current Choccy is two points ahead of past Choccy which I find interesting.

Scores after question 15:

Player Score
    quickbeam 124
    Penfailed 117
    sammyjo90 115
    osh 110
    Ted_YNWA 110
    Three More Big Sleeps 108
    Collie D 107
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 106
    khalessi 102
    Choc Chip 99
    Pre Covid Choc Chip 97
    Spook_ie 94
    Ectoplasm 82
    tusk 75
    Hello 2D Person Below 67

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gordie Lachance - 10

giphy.gif

Category 4: General Stephen King Knowledge

source.gif

• Advertisement

Question 1: Name an adaptation of a Stephen King novel since 2010 to present

King is all the rage again, so there's a lot of options here...

Advertisement