Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The purge 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

yeah, its hard to know...

I don't like people thinking bad of me, but i don't like giving in to peer pressure more, i think.

My thoughts exactly. I definitely don't give a single sh*t how I'm thought of here. Plus I didn't want it to reveal my location, it being a small, local dog rescue.

But then someone you know in real life has a word :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Warms me heart to see this so it does. Yizzer good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Ken. wrote: »
    Nope, A lot of charities are making a nice bit of cash this evening and if we the mods start imposing rules on it people will stop.

Probably a few charities tonight wondering what the f is going on.
    I get ya, but Tbf a political party is not a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lads, myself and Hogan have made up via PM. He reached out and apologized to be fair to him. Here’s a visual representation of how it went down. You’ll notice I have the title belt having won the feud but the champ is humbled by this.

FriendlyGentleKillifish-max-1mb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I have private messages turned off and I always have.

• Advertisement

Ken. wrote: »
    Nope, A lot of charities are making a nice bit of cash this evening and if we the mods start imposing rules on it people will stop.

Probably a few charities tonight wondering what the f is going on.

Yep, and apparently FG are one of them.

You can't impose sweet FA but c'mon...

yeah, its hard to know...

I don't like people thinking bad of me, but i don't like giving in to peer pressure more, i think.

Nobody should be pressuring anyone into donating. That's not ok. If you 'won' you should donate OR take the ban because that's the agreement we all made when we signed up.

In fairness to JohnnyFlash he honoured that agreement. He did in a sort of smart arse and funny way. No rules broken there.

Woke Hogan also honoured the agreement by taking the ban. He got teased for boasting about making a donation as well but not backing that up with any proof.

Any donations made today by us losers were at our own discretion but no one should be made to feel they HAVE to donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I made donations but got no receipts?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I have private messages turned off and I always have.

An odd pet name for the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Omackeral wrote: »

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just get it over with we will all chip in for a nice honeymoon suite and flowers and scented candles and a loaded shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Omackeral wrote: »

Saved the best to the end

Nobody should be pressuring anyone into donating. That's not ok. If you 'won' you should donate OR take the ban because that's the agreement we all made when we signed up.

In fairness to JohnnyFlash he honoured that agreement. He did in a sort of smart arse and funny way. No rules broken there.

Woke Hogan also honoured the agreement by taking the ban. He got teased for boasting about making a donation as well but not backing that up with any proof.

Any donations made today by us losers were at our own discretion but no one should be made to feel they HAVE to donate.

Very true, don't want to put anyone off next week's one.
    There is so many people that lost their jobs, have no money to spare.

I don't think any of us felt the pressure to donate. We are just lucky enough to give a euro or 2.
    No one needs to explain why they can't.
    But if ya do, post a screenshot and feel/share the love.

See you coxk Wombles next week :)

What's the twist for next week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Next week the prize is to join Leo on the front line answering phones or Boris in the hospital.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Screenshot-1.jpg

To go along with one from last week... such a worthy cause

What's the twist for next week?

Winner donates to Fianna Fail.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Winner donates to Fianna Fail.

id rather sh!t in my hands and clap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Notdeco wrote: »
    No one needs to explain why they can't.
    But if ya do, post a screenshot and feel/share the love.
    tbh its more of a defiance thing, its in my nature to go against what people expect, or what i feel they're telling me to do...

also, a bit of this, even though I'm not religious

"So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men...."

tbh its more of a defiance thing, its in my nature to go against what people expect, or what i feel they're telling me to do...

"So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men...."
    Your getting my fookin vote next week! ;):)

• Advertisement

Notdeco wrote: »
    Your getting my fookin vote next week! ;):)

If I win next week, pints are on me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I made donations but got no receipts?

Ok checked bank account and didn't come out. Will try again tomorrow. 2 charities very close to my heart.

Ok checked bank account and didn't come out. Will try again tomorrow. 2 charities very close to my heart.

It might not show until after 5 tomorrow, but should be in your pending transactions.

I get that too. In general, on the rare occasion I'm not a self centered biatch and do something decent, I don't go around telling anyone. But unfortunately on a internet platform such as this, if you just took people at their word, you'd have a lot claiming/implying they'd done all sorts of charitable things they haven't. Plus, I know charitable acts should, in theory, be selfless, but it does feel good to see a whole group of people doing something nice and I think, right now, we all need to feel a little good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Waiting for the email receipt to come through

I could've done a **** Hogan and pretended I had donated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just made a donation to Irish cancer society

[URL="[url=https://ibb.co/zrBQwr1][img]https://i.ibb.co/rmzFJmg/donation.png[/img][/url]"][/url]donation.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So now that charity **** is out of the way come on then who are the five cnuts who voted for me

FabulousHotAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So now that charity **** is out of the way come on then who are the five cnuts who voted for me

FabulousHotAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

I was one of them sorry

giphy.gif

I get that too. In general, on the rare occasion I'm not a self centered biatch and do something decent, ....

do you know how much willpower its taking me NOT to donate, just so I might show some randomer on the internet that their opinion of me is wrong?

• Advertisement

do you know how much willpower its taking me

Nope. I don't know anything about willpower. I'm devoid of it. I just ate half an Easter Egg a week premature! What would Jesus say!?!?!?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement