Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese closed but takeaways open

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I miss my Chinese food, None open near me, and just 1 local chipper doing delivery. getting Cantonese duck withdrawal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

nullzero wrote: »
    I used to hear people bemoaning the food in Chinese take aways and how it doesn't represent real Chinese food.

On reflection the MSG wasn't all that bad.
    It's a westernised version of southern Chinese food. It's about as representative of the Chinese diet as McDonald's menu is of the Irish diet: it sort of resembles an unhealthier version of part of it. Still delicious, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

mikhail wrote: »
    It's a westernised version of southern Chinese food. It's about as representative of the Chinese diet as McDonald's menu is of the Irish diet: it sort of resembles an unhealthier version of part of it. Still delicious, mind.

Most indicative to me was years ago when I became more fixated with dumplings than the chinese themselves yet were nowhere to be found?! You’d have to believe one of the oldest and vastest civilisations has tailored a better culinary experience than what we’re being served up anyway, billions of people can’t be that wrong it’s just not happening.

Not a fan of watery green curry either yellow; whatever I generally stick with a trusted indian I get a good ‘hit’ off of it. Even if I need a to hose my head down afterwards it’s good stuff; the right combination ticks all the right boxes it rarely disappoints...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh i'd murder a Chinese.

Bit of chicken, green peppers, the black bean sauce and the egg fried rice + an expensive can of coke.

Can't go wrong (depending on the establishment of course!). :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe they have problems with their meat sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

RobertKK wrote: »
    Maybe they have problems with their meat sources.

Some of them probably aren't busy enough anyway to do delivery alone (unlike Dominos, say) particularly ones that are also sit in restaurants.

Advertisement