Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

open garden centres

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Presumably they'll be some sort of co-ordination and statement on this otherwise it'll be a riot at 9 AM on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Presumably they'll be some sort of co-ordination and statement on this otherwise it'll be a riot at 9 AM on Tuesday.

Woodies have said they won't open. I expect B&Q won't either.

Austria opens its garden centres today!!

/gets online....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Discodog wrote: »
    Woodies have said they won't open. I expect B&Q won't either.

Ffs. Bored isnt the word anymore. Why cant they open and practice social distancing ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ffs. Bored isnt the word anymore. Why cant they open and practice social distancing ffs.

I don't have time to be bored :)

Spent the weekend building s chicken coop and have s quarter to plant with veg. .. Swap:D

• Advertisement

Mcguires in east Waterford are taking phone orders between 10 and 1 phone 0838681010, you pay over the phone and they deliver. They do not have a website as such only facebook. So you'll need to know what you want really and be ready to pay for whatever they charge but presumably they do a call back if you give them a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Anyone know anywhere that might be selling lawn turf these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

LazyClouds wrote: »
    I just bought a few plants from https://www.gardens4you.ie/ They've got a good selection at the moment but a lot seems to be going out of stock.

It's been ten days now and I haven't received anything. Starting to worry my plants might arrive dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

LazyClouds wrote: »
    It's been ten days now and I haven't received anything. Starting to worry my plants might arrive dead :(

I ordered from a site in the UK. Was told to expect to wait a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭65535

I was able to get some bags of top soil, multipurpose compost and some grow bags in Tesco earlier.
    I presume they are in every Tesco branch.

• Advertisement

Did they have any seeds and plants?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

What about bedding plants like Surfina etc, ?
    Growers will be faced with a total loss of their produce if they are not in the garden centres in the next 2 weeks
    I’m surprised that no effort has been made to offer these plants through Supermarkets or outlets that are still open, there are lots of gardeners like myself who are willing to buy but garden centres are not willing to sell, click and collect or delivery only seems to involve seeds or hardware

I suppose this what happens when you have to deal with big usual international chains who have exclusive supply deals for certain items, they won't/can't be flexible lest it leave them open to legal challenge at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

any ideas where to get grass seed in south county Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Bebop wrote: »
    What about bedding plants like Surfina etc, ?
    Growers will be faced with a total loss of their produce if they are not in the garden centres in the next 2 weeks
    I’m surprised that no effort has been made to offer these plants through Supermarkets or outlets that are still open, there are lots of gardeners like myself who are willing to buy but garden centres are not willing to sell, click and collect or delivery only seems to involve seeds or hardware

Totally with you, I’m missing my lobelias and petunias for starters. Also want strawberry an tomato plants. Anywhere in Dublin selling seeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

My order from gardens4you.ie finally arrived on Friday. However most of the plants came as "bare roots" in plastic bags which looked very depressing (upon looking at the site again they do actually specify they'll be delivered this way...) and one of my items was completely missing from the order :( They're in the ground now so hopefully I'll see some growth. I think it was probably foolish of me to think I'd be getting full blooming plants through the post but still a bit disappointing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Grange builders providers in Baldoyle are open for deliveries and collection. They don't have much gardening stuff, but they do at least have compost.

https://grange.ie/builders-providers/garden-maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Aldi have compost and Grow-bags.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my local spar has compost. you might find that convenience stores are stocking it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 backofthepack

lidl have compost and supervalu in firhouse having bedding plants if that's of any use to anyone

• Advertisement

I was just talking to a garden centre about a part of my order missing.
    They normally ship a pallet a day. Today they are shipping 24 pallets. 180 last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

I was driving past Dunnes Garden Centre in Laois at the weekend and they looked very busy, lots of cars. Their Facebook confirms they're open to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

s8n wrote: »

https://www.thegardenshop.ie/
    they are closed at the minute dealing with the weekends orders but should open again in a day or so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

s8n wrote: »

I got some small (very small) boxes in my local Tesco - they're essentially for patching up an existing lawn but I only have a small area to cover so should have enough in 4 boxes. Obviously if you've a large area to seed it might not be practical (though my local Tesco did have slightly larger boxes a few weeks ago - but when I went back they were gone).

Ordered from clarinbridge garden centre on April 10. Got delivery today.
    Asparagus and shallots

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

For anyone rural some of the farming coops are open and have garden centres, Arrabawn is

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks just wondering has anyone ordered from newlands?? If so were they well packed etc?? was thinking of buying some online plants as it's hard to get anything where I am located with covid 19 etc... just wondering would they arrive in bits if ordering young plants like multipack bedding...

Lidl have a load of bush tomato plants in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

soundman45 wrote: »
    One caught trading in Wicklow shut down by guards today

Laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭in2dark

GreeBo wrote: »
    https://www.thegardenshop.ie/
    they are closed at the minute dealing with the weekends orders but should open again in a day or so

better shop elsewhere. im VERY disappointed with their plants... the state of them when they arrived...

not to mention the price of their compost

Advertisement