Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog sh*t

Options
  • 01-04-2020 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭

Have I missed something or has an exemption being granted for dog owners to pick up their dog sh1t?

Loads of it all over the place atm.

Vermin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's probably just that selfish people aren't bothering now there's fewer people out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Filthy kernts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What you're seeing is the result of people who never walk their dog now needing an excuse to get out of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

A lot of very irresponsible people have dogs.....not enough resources to enforce existing laws. (Penalties need to be higher / education needs to be better)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s a real issue in shïthole parts of Dublin like East Wall, Ringsend, Finglas, Ballybough etc. The semi-feral Jackeen shouldn’t be allowed own a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

It’s a real issue in shïthole parts of Dublin like East Wall, Ringsend, Finglas, Ballybough etc. The semi-feral Jackeen shouldn’t be allowed own a dog.

Lots of muckers up in the big smoke Jonnie, but I’m sure they are all responsible dog owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Clueless post. If you think this is consigned to Dublin you are delusional. Here in Carlow Town its just as bad. Worse still are the idiots that bag the dog dirt and leave it on the ground. What is that all about!???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's not just bad areas. I've noticed a huge increase in people picking up their dog's shít with a doggy bag, and then throwing the filled bag on the street when they are out of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Effects wrote: »
    It's not just bad areas. I've noticed a huge increase in people picking up their dog's shít with a doggy bag, and then throwing the filled bag on the street when they are out of view.

Or better still hanging it on a tree or a fence

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Have I missed something or has an exemption being granted for dog owners to pick up their dog sh1t?

Vermin.

Standard behavior I'm afraid.. don't think it's anything new.

Top marks especially go to those dog owners who do pick it up but leave the bags lying where they got filled.. obviously they didn't want the bags in their cars. Shur didn't they do enough I suppose..

• Advertisement

dublincelt wrote: »
    Worse still are the idiots that bag the dog dirt and leave it on the ground. What is that all about!???

I confronted a guy about that in the city centre. He threw it into the street in the bag. His excuse was he was putting it in the street for the street sweeper to pick up and said, "what else am I supposed to do with it?".
    When I said put it in the next bin and called him a scumbag he threatened to punch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

dublincelt wrote: »
    Clueless post. If you think this is consigned to Dublin you are delusional. Here in Carlow Town its just as bad. Worse still are the idiots that bag the dog dirt and leave it on the ground. What is that all about!???

Oh I’m sure it’s an issue in other parts of the country as well. Carlow town has a huge amount of scumbags, and scumbags let their dogs shït everywhere. I was just referencing Dublin as I live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s amazing seeing the number of poor dog “handling” in the parks lately. Idiots with their, poorly trained, dog off the lead and, worse still, morons who don’t seem to “grasp” how to use the lock on those weak little leads.

The one constant is that you still see the urban legend dragging his “restricted breed” by an actual chain along the footpath. Refusing to stop even when the dog needs a shít so it is forced to do it like a husky, on the run.

And do you think the hard chaw in the tracksuit is going to pick up that crap that has now spread itself along six feet of footpath? Not a chance, too busy looking “menacing“ for that.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

In my old job I used to walk through a park to go to work every day.
    You'd see all sorts of dog walkers. Sure some people do pick it up but you see a lot of people who wouldn't. You get a bit of a laugh. Some will slyly look around when their dog is doing its business and if they think no one is watching away they go.

The same park removed a dog **** bin in one part. So what did people do? They threw the plastic bags on the ground where the bin used to be. Loads of them thrown there over a few weeks. Even tho there are loads of regular bins around the park.

People don't care ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Where I live isn’t full of scumbags nor posh people.

But as one poster noted, it seems to be people who have dogs, but don’t normally walk them, who are using their dogs as an excuse to get out of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

D3V!L wrote: »
    Or better still hanging it on a tree or a fence

People always say they only do that because they will take it off on their way back and will be “bin it” then. And yet, still we see the bags tied to trees all over the place.
    Oh I’m sure it’s an issue in other parts of the country as well. Carlow town has a huge amount of scumbags, and scumbags let their dogs shït everywhere. I was just referencing Dublin as I live here.

Went out in Carlow once, during my “student days”. Won’t be going back anytime soon. Those “scallion eaters“ are a wild bunch.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Effects wrote: »
    I confronted a guy about that in the city centre. He threw it into the street in the bag. His excuse was he was putting it ib the street for the street sweeper to pick up and said, "what else am I supposed to do with it?".
    When I said put it in the next bin and called him a scumbag he threatened to punch me.

Honestly what did you expect to happen?
    He's hardly going to say "sorry about that old chap, let me pick that up" ... Best to leave people to their own devices cause getting in to a fight over dog crap isnt worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

yeah i've noticed a considerable increase in the quantity of canine faeces adorning the pavement recently

He's hardly going to say "sorry about that old chap, let me pick that up" ... Best to leave people to their own devices cause getting in to a fight over dog crap isnt worth it.

In these circumstances, you are right. Emotions are running high.

In normal times I absolutely challenge anyone who doesn't pick it up. Loudly and publicly so that they hopefully feel some shame (I am 6 foot 5 though, and reasonably built, so dont mind the potential confrontation)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I always end up picking up other dogs shít. I only walk my area but theres some lazy shíts out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I think we have barely had a drop of rain this past 3 weeks and this might contribute to the mess on the paths. A bit of a powerwash by council would be nice.... and think of the virus tracking along on peoples shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yup I noticed this recently, it's all over St Anne's park in bags. Just f*cking leave it on the ground instead of putting it in a bag that takes 100s of years to decompose and puts chemicals into the earth!

This is a problem in Ireland, we never call anyone up on anything, littering, smoking on buses etc. I noticed when living in London that people will start shouting at people if they drop litter or stand in the way on an escalator or even cycling through red lights.
    People get away with more here because we aren't confrontational.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

This is a problem in Ireland, we never call anyone up on anything, littering, smoking on buses etc. I noticed when living in London that people will start shouting at people if they drop litter or stand in the way on an escalator or even cycling through red lights.
    People get away with more here because we aren't confrontational.

That’s changing with this corona virus

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

well i went for a walk around Johnstown Park Finglas this morning and all the bins including the dog [POO] bins are sealed last time i saw bins sealed was during the troubles are the parks now going to be locked down or has some wise guy decided that this a new rule he has dreamed up there is very little cleaning to be done in the parks at the moment so what next and yes i am a dog owner

He's hardly going to say "sorry about that old chap, let me pick that up"

Get embarrassed about behaving like a scum bag, pick it up and shuffle off.
    That's what any decent scum bag would do.

Perfect example:

I've seen that before ^^^. That man is a hero, but the other fella should be fined into next week and given a few slaps! Disgusting behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I live in a gated community of 17 houses.
    There is a small lawn where my two dogs do their business.
    I bag it up, but find other bombs all over the place, and pick those up too.
    Other people here have dogs. Apparently their dogs never go to the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Zebra3 wrote: »

Vermin.

Rub their nose in it.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Recently moved from Pearse Street, Dublin 2 to Dún Laoghaire. There must be 10x the amount of dogs being walked near where I live now, but 1/10th the amount of shíte. People are definitely the problem.

Advertisement