Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4" Room Vent

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Markcheese wrote: »
    I'm assuming there are a good few calculations that need to be done to work out the levels of ventilation needed for a house , wether it's the number of people who live there ( or could be living there ) ,airtightness ,
    Aspect / wind direction , chimneys ect..

My 80s terrace has no room or window vents , no bathroom extraction,feic all insulation ,and in winter we dry clothes inside , it's not damp at all , obviously it must be leaking (warm) air like a sieve ...
    A few weeks ago I had the stove out of the fire place ,and couldn't understand why the house was so bitterly cold .. until I temp blocked up the chimney .. it was doing what a chimney was supposed to do .. suck (warm) air out of the room ,which was replaced by cold air though the fabric of the week house ,
    When I finally get an insulation job done I'm going to have to get vents or a ventilation system in ..

Mandatory for any SEAI grant work

Advertisement