Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOW TV Service is a Joke

Options
  • 30-03-2020 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Im running this through my ps4. Constant buffering interruptions. Total and utter disgrace of a service. I never have problems with Netflix or Amazon. Have any of you had similar issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Had crazy buffering issues on Xbox One about a year ago. Stream would turn into a pixelated mess :p

Eventually it stopped but the app did update itself. Here's the thing I noticed about NowTV, see if you're downloading anything else it messes up the stream.

Is that the buffering issues you're having?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If this is recent, consider the circumstances these services are running in. Everyone's home, residential ISPs are getting hammered by the traffic spike, including streaming services. It's well publicised Netflix are throttling their quality. Not unsympathetic to the issue, but the context here is important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I haven’t used Now TV in a month or so but had a 3 month movie subscription over Christmas into Feb, plus I watched all of last years F1 races with day passes, and have had various other movie passes and have never had issues. Always used from my Xbox One app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I've been using NowTV for a few days without issue until last night at about 11pm when it started lagging a lot.

It's hardly surprising given the increase in usage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭fitz

I had some issues with Now TV on Xbox One when Watchmen came out, and assumed it was just down to a bunch of people watching it. Discovered one of the games I had installed was downloading updates to the console in the background. Paused then and the issue went away completely.
    Worth checking if there's anything like that happening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement