Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having incredibly vivid and lucid dreams?

Options
2»

Comments

My dreams have always been vivid and now and then lucid. In fact I've asked dream characters if they realise they are in a dream. My dreams can be like another life filled with feelings and amazing people so when I wake I feel a kind of loss. I love my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Must be the power of suggestion after reading this thread, being in the house and watching a cycling documentary on Netflix yesterday.

My dream last night was I was back on the bike in the last stage of a multi day race. Haven't been on the bike competitively in over 10 years!

No dreams of success as my group had been dropped (left behind) and we were minutes behind the race leaders. The group featured some of the cooler and friendlier fellas from around the country back when I cycled. We just coasted her in having the craic and looking forward to seeing how our faster team mates and competitors had done.

Nice dream indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

fryup wrote: »
    anyone else here taking nytol

been having some wacky vivid dreams after taking that

Night Nurse was the over the counter hallucinogenic of choice in the 80s, they ended up weakening the solution so powerful was it. Denis Leary even gave it a mention on one of his UK tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Codeine painkillers do the magic for me. I dream quite often but forget the stuff couple minutes after I open my eyes. Sort of like when you watch good movie or read a good book and stop - that fleeting brief confused moment and then back to reality...
    For some reason if I take painkiller in the evening my dreams turn into cinema style ultra HD top quality. It is cool when you have nice dreams but few times I get proper hair-raising nightmares and I wake up literaly screaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yes!.. I keep waking up dreaming about Covid-19 and usually around 5am.

This is really annoying because I had recently sorted out some sleep problems I was having and and now its back.

I think its because of the present situation we're in, its bigger than any of us can process so we're taking the stress and anxiety of the times into our sleeps.

I try to keep a routine, train, read, keep a good diet, sleep hygiene and when CV19 gets on top of me I remind myself and I've a better chance of being killed on my motorbikes or spending time in hospital because of Judo than I am from Covids.

Its also important to keep in touch with family and friends, social media is great now. You have me on FB, we can chat anytime. Unfortunately civilians are banned from the barracks now otherwise I'd invite you down for another walk around, but yea JK we're all in this madness together. Don't be afraid to give me a shout anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mouldybiscuits

I occasionally have lucid dreams and sometimes lucid nightmares with false awakenings, those are scary because you can try everything to make yourself wake up but nothing works. It's like being in Freddy Krueger's world lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Keep those dreams a burnin baby

?width=595&version=1675264

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I get proper hair-raising nightmares and I wake up literaly screaming.

yes but the relief you get when you realise it was just a dream, is almost orgasmic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Anyone else get the falling one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

i take it op hasn't read waiting for godot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

AllForIt wrote: »
    I do have vivid dreams from time to time

The last most vivid dream I had was I was having a sexual relationship with a person in the media, a journalist. Really odd, he's not even my type or remotely good looking. Maybe it's his mind I find in some way appealing which is kinda interesting.]
    marty morrissey seems to make an appearance in a lot of peoples dreams these days.

Advertisement