Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

GPS Watch for a gift

• 24-03-2020 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ SouthernBelle

I'd like to upgrade my husband's 4 year old Garmin watch for his birthday.

Can any of you fabulous golfers give me some recommendations please? My budget would be up to €250.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,607 ✭✭✭✭ Seve OB

Can any of you fabulous golfers give me some recommendations please? My budget would be up to €250.

what does he currently have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ SouthernBelle

I'm looking at it here and it only says Garmin so I don't have the model.

It's fairly basic - around 4/5 years old and only cost around €110 at the time.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

I'm looking at it here and it only says Garmin so I don't have the model.

It's fairly basic - around 4/5 years old and only cost around €110 at the time.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

look on the back of it

Its very faded by looks like Approach S1

approach s40 is an upgrade and a golf specific garmin watch in your budget. if you want to spend a few more quid go with the S60.
    garmin do other watches which have golf features. i have a vivoactive. its more a fitness tracker with golf features.
    i recommend you get a golf watch and not one with golf features. approach series are the garmin golf watches so stick with them.
    if you want to go another brand, maybe a golf buddy wtx

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your help. The S40 looks great. I know he's happy with the Garmin so it's probably safer for me to stick with that.

Much appreciated!

think mcguirks have them for 269

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ Golfhead65

Seve OB wrote: »
    think mcguirks have them for 269

Think they might be on sale now Seve under present circumstances..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ Hoboo

Wait until May and buy him a Shotscope V3 when it's released. Don't buy the V2 which is now on sale. Be around €250, and is a gps and performance tracker. If he's big into golf and practice he'll love it.

Edit: If you're going for an S40, the tracking system Approach CT10 is an extra €300 in comparison. Over double and in a league below. If it's just for fashion then the S40 is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ norabattie

Hoboo wrote: »
    Wait until May and buy him a Shotscope V3 when it's released. Don't buy the V2 which is now on sale. Be around €250, and is a gps and performance tracker. If he's big into golf and practice he'll love it.

Edit: If you're going for an S40, the tracking system Approach CT10 is an extra €300 in comparison. Over double and in a league below. If it's just for fashion then the S40 is grand.

I'm in the same position. Want to buy the hubby a new watch. His old one is the vivoactive. He's gotten great mileage out of it in fairness . Was looking at the shot scope v2 or the s60 which is about 350 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ MarcusP12

Hoboo wrote: »

I have the s60....you don't need to buy the tracking system...the watch will ask you to confirm the club you hit after it detects you hit a shot....not a big deal during the round once you get used to it...what it won't be able to pick up though are delicate chips and putts so you can buy a 3 pack of the sensors for 80 quid, which I did.....you simply fix them to your putter and a couple of wedges and it'll automatically pick them up and record your shots around the green for stats....

I'd recommend the s60 but I think you can't go far wrong with the s40 either....both look good on the wrist compared to other makers, e.g. shotscope, as an everyday smart watch which might be important...

i have a vivoactive
    norabattie wrote: »
    I'm in the same position. Want to buy the hubby a new watch. His old one is the vivoactive. He's gotten great mileage out of it in fairness . Was looking at the shot scope v2 or the s60 which is about 350 at the moment.

hmmmm, I’m wondering if Mrs Seve OB might have a secret boards account. Don’t bother with the GPS watch love, I can’t go anywhere at the moment. One of these will do nicely though thanks :D

https://trackmangolf.com/products/simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ norabattie

hmmmm, I’m wondering if Mrs Seve OB might have a secret boards account. Don’t bother with the GPS watch love, I can’t go anywhere at the moment. One of these will do nicely though thanks :D

https://trackmangolf.com/products/simulator

😂 No my dearest lol.
    I'm hoping hubby doesn't have a boards account 😬

norabattie wrote: »
    �� No my dearest lol.
    I'm hoping hubby doesn't have a boards account ��

Well it was worth a try ;)

Advertisement