Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning my 1000 litre plastic diesel storage tank a

Options
  • 22-03-2020 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I have emptied my 1000 litre plastic diesel storage tank as it was contaminated by water. Some black sludge on the bottom, but not too bad. If I power wash the inside with a power washer and then drain all out until clear water appears, what is the best way of drying the tank out. The filler opening is the standard for such tanks. It is a beehive tank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

I have emptied my 1000 litre plastic diesel storage tank as it was contaminated by water. Some black sludge on the bottom, but not too bad. If I power wash the inside with a power washer and then drain all out until clear water appears, what is the best way of drying the tank out. The filler opening is the standard for such tanks. It is a beehive tank

When the tank is clean and appears to be empty of water, perhaps an air hose would blow out whatever water remains?
    Of course you would need to have the tank tilted in such a way that whatever water is there could be blown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Decent warm day and caps off should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭countyhouse

When the tank is clean and appears to be empty of water, perhaps an air hose would blow out whatever water remains?
    Of course you would need to have the tank tilted in such a way that whatever water is there could be blown out.

Thanks, I completed the washing out and used air to blow out the hose etc. and I have the tank on its side with a strong east wind blowing in the filler hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭countyhouse

49801 wrote: »
    Decent warm day and caps off should do it.

Thanks, I completed the washing out and used air to blow out the hose etc. and I have the tank on its side with a strong east wind blowing in the filler hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

As a matter of interest is cleaning a household oil tank recommended and if so how often?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Seamai wrote: »
    As a matter of interest is cleaning a household oil tank recommended and if so how often?

More like if contaminated or water or sludge problems than a routine thing.

This crowd would do it
    https://tanksolutionsireland.ie/services/

Advertisement