Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare protest makes front page of times tommrw

Options
  • 22-03-2020 5:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭

Thks to all the that attended and the people that brought attention to this protest it will make front page of Irish times in the morning as the press were in attendance.
    Hopefully people might wake up and listen to the seriousness and stay at home for now .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hopefully the picture won't be of the protesters standing close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Thks to all the that attended and the people that brought attention to this protest it will make front page of Irish times in the morning as the press were in attendance.
    Hopefully people might wake up and listen to the seriousness and stay at home for now .
    And you got such abuse on another thread for highlighting this, what is wrong with people, do they not understand the meaning of social isolation, I notice the police and civil defence had to intervene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mr E wrote: »
    Hopefully the picture won't be of the protesters standing close together.

image.jpg

I had a quick look at that thread on the West "overforum" and peas for brains springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

How can you possibly say it will make the front page of the Irish Times tomorrow, not even the editors will have decided that yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

image.jpg

I had a quick look at that thread on the West "overforum" and peas for brains springs to mind.

They should be denied care if they expect it - doctors like at some stage to have to prioritize, so they should be just ahead of the Cheltenham folk at the bottom of the list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The Lahinch Times?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

august12 wrote: »
    And you got such abuse on another thread for highlighting this, what is wrong with people, do they not understand the meaning of social isolation, I notice the police and civil defence had to intervene.

I know pure abuse https://twitter.com/clarechampion/status/1241753423474720768?s=21

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    How can you possibly say it will make the front page of the Irish Times tomorrow, not even the editors will have decided that yet.

Will u take a bet ? https://twitter.com/clarechampion/status/1241753423474720768?s=21

Darc19 wrote: »
    The Lahinch Times?

We put the smile on the smart boys here today, we’re only relaying back what the press said !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jizique wrote: »
    They should be denied care if they expect it - doctors like at some stage to have to prioritize, so they should be just ahead of the Cheltenham folk at the bottom of the list

I agree peas for brains is the blow ins not the locals. The same thing is happening in rural UK - the Scottish highlands and the Welsh hills being inundated by people from London etc.

Just to add would like to thank boards for closing the previous thread of looking for bit of support for this today .
    Boards Might have done your bit for ur country if u left it open besides protecting the clowns that don’t understand to stop spreading the virus . https://twitter.com/clarechampion/status/1241753423474720768?s=21

The virus doesn't like fresh air, so once you keep the 2m recommended distance, there should be no problem.

If anything it is important for mental health to get out of the house.

Problem is too many people don't think about looking for other areas to walk. Miles upon miles of roadway on the burren, plenty of quiet inlets, but everyone goes to Lahinch?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Balagan1

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Bless your innocence! We have a couple of freelancers here in Clare who are so prolific and fast that if one of us so much as breaks wind it's in the nationals before the smell has cleared!

The virus doesn't like fresh air, so once you keep the 2m recommended distance, there should be no problem.

Problem is too many people don't think about looking for other areas to walk. Miles upon miles of roadway on the burren, plenty of quiet inlets, but everyone goes to Lahinch?

It’s a pity they don’t heed what there told stay at home - 800 dead in Italy yesterday
    What does it take for people to understand !

I agree peas for brains is the blow ins not the locals. The same thing is happening in rural UK - the Scottish highlands and the Welsh hills being inundated by people from London etc.

Indeed, people with zero cop on are travelling long distance because today is Sunday and the children want an ice-cream. A serious attitude problem prevails, "I'm alright Jack it won't happen to me". I live 15km from the coastline in Clare, wouldn't dream of going near it and haven't done so in a fortnight. Stricter measures need to be implemented, otherwise there is potential for rampant spread of covid-19. Cannot let a minority of ignorant people cause significant grief for the majority.

It’s a pity they don’t heed what there told stay at home - 800 dead in Italy yesterday
    What does it take for people to understand !

Where is the statement that people must stay at home.

I've seen where those who are not well or have been abroad must self isolate and stay at home.

Everyone else have been told to social distance themselves.

If you can link to this new "stay at home" statement, it would be appreciated.

- official source please, not fakebook or some rag like the daily mail

U know best , they probably thought that in Italy too a month ago lovely countryside unfortunately they stop in at the shops and petrol stations on there way !

I've seen where those who are not well or have been abroad must self isolate and stay at home.

I was talking with local petrol owner they bombarded a local shop . and shop workers had to call the owner 50 people in a small shop not very fair on the workers would u think !
    But then again is does not spread in the air , good luck with that !

Balagan1 wrote: »
    Bless your innocence! We have a couple of freelancers here in Clare who are so prolific and fast that if one of us so much as breaks wind it's in the nationals before the smell has cleared!

I’m only telling the lie I was told !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I brought my 4 kids to ballybunniin yesterday and left them off they were like young calves after been left out for the first time in spring back in to the car again after an hour and home for another week. I honestly thought I was doing a good thing getting a bit of sea air and getting them out and about.

People who gather in places, indoors or outdoors, where it is completely unrealistic that they can maintain the required distance between themselves and others at all times are clearly not well and should stay home. Is that clear enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

kerryjack wrote: »
    I brought my 4 kids to ballybunniin yesterday and left them off they were like young calves after been left out for the first time in spring back in to the car again after an hour and home for another week. I honestly thought I was doing a good thing getting a bit of sea air and getting them out and about.

you were, as long as you and your kids kept their distance from others

* btw mind the tides those caves can flood quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

kerryjack wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that as long as you observed the distance rules, that is all people are asked to do, to have respect for others and maintain the 6 feet distance, if this is not possible, move along to a quieter beach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Why was the op banned? Something very wrong about that, anyone shed any light?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nothing to do with this thread, no reported posts or mod actions in Clare thankfully, please keep it up all

Been pointed out to me that people are at all stages of the dawning realization chart as to the real dangers of failing to maintain social distancing and more. This clip of Dr. Catherine Motherway of UHL goes a long way towards hopefully putting us all on the same page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jpbnLBwlKo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lets not speculate into what has happened to a poster, it's nothing to do with Clare so lets leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

The problem is when hoards of people go into the chipper, ice cream shop, petrol station, sweet shop etc. etc.

Lahinch is a small town, when its sunny, it gets very busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭BnB

Clareman wrote: »
    Lets not speculate into what has happened to a poster, it's nothing to do with Clare so lets leave it at that.

Ahhh go on, tell us all. Sure we're nosey in Clare - It's in our nature

Advertisement