Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potato fertiliser

• 20-03-2020 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I have a few raised beds ready to put in some seed potatoes, kerr pinks.
    I think its good ground no shortage of worms when I was tilling it.
    I got some granulated potato manure today but im not sure how to apply it.
    Do I spread it and rake it in to the beds or put in the hole with the seed potato?
    How much should I use?
    Also do seeds go out of date, I have some left over seeds from 2 or 3 years ago, carrots, lettuce etc. Stored in original packaging in a dry place. How do I know if they are still good.
    Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I wouldn't stick the fert down the hole ... I'd probably dig it in ,
    A lot of seeds will be okay , not great but okay , you could sow it a little thicker ...
    Or do a germination test , stick 10 or 20 seeds on a piece of damn kitchen paper ,keep it moist in a warmish spot and see how many germinate... If they all germinate then happy days ,if only half do then sow twice as thick ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Markcheese wrote: »
    I wouldn't stick the fert down the hole ... I'd probably dig it in ,
    A lot of seeds will be okay , not great but okay , you could sow it a little thicker ...
    Or do a germination test , stick 10 or 20 seeds on a piece of damn kitchen paper ,keep it moist in a warmish spot and see how many germinate... If they all germinate then happy days ,if only half do then sow twice as thick ..

Im thinking set spuds at 3 inches deep, how deep should i dig in fertiliser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Hello
    Put your spuds in a tray and if they sprout they are fine.
    What kind of potatoes manure have you is it +s or + s+ b
    I put the fertalizer in the drills with the spuds but just a shake

Advertisement