Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Everyday Racism"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

osarusan wrote: »
    This is an example of the absurd exaggeration I'm talking about - the claim that educational institutions are 'obsessed with indoctrinating students with identity politics.'

And the irony of it all is that the 'straight white male' grievance is just as much a play on identity politics as anything else.

its absolutely a fact. Theres also a shocking amount of lecturers conflating American problems to Ireland (police prejudice against blacks etc...) and claiming that systematic issues in American society which hurt minorities , or are alleged to hurt minorities are issues here.

its absolutely a fact. Theres also a shocking amount of lecturers conflating American problems to Ireland (police prejudice against blacks etc...) and claiming that systematic issues in American society which hurt minorities , or are alleged to hurt minorities are issues here.

Ahh well, if something happens in the US, then it's representative of all western culture... :rolleyes:

Many people can't seem to accept that the US is a nation of extremes, and shouldn't be considered a role model for anything related to social issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Ever notice how Anti Racist types you meet at rallies are physically repulsive, limp dick cucks? Like weedy, pathetic, submissive types? The types that couldn't get laid in a whorehouse, who's fathers hate and are bitterly disappointed in them, and the types who are perpetually ignored by women.

Whereas you're pulling bond girls every night are you? I'd say the only thing you're pulling is your half inch pelvic growth every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,095 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

osarusan wrote: »
    This is an example of the absurd exaggeration I'm talking about - the claim that educational institutions are 'obsessed with indoctrinating students with identity politics.'

No, to be fair, they are not obsessed with it.

However, it is more widespread.

Ahh well, if something happens in the US, then it's representative of all western culture... :rolleyes:

Many people can't seem to accept that the US is a nation of extremes, and shouldn't be considered a role model for anything related to social issues.

except when it doesn't fit the agenda

academics : police are racist against blacks everywhere because it happens mostly in the past in America

also the same academics : black people massively over representing in crime statistics is unique to America and the fault of the white man and slavery really and saying it happens in Europe is racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Whereas you're pulling bond girls every night are you? I'd say the only thing you're pulling is your half inch pelvic growth every night.

No I'm happily married to an attractive woman. I've no need to go out pulling girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

statesaver wrote: »
    Social welfare dependency , which is high in certain immigrant communities.,is not wanted. Pointing things like that out gets people labelled ' racist '. Yawn.

Why? Because they aren't rolling in on private yachts. What's the problem with people needing aid getting it? If they were loaded and doing well they'd likely not come right?

Bowie wrote: »
    Why? Because they aren't rolling in on private yachts. What's the problem with people needing aid getting it? If they were loaded and doing well they'd likely not come right?

yeah, lets just allow people abuse our already overburdened, overfunded, overabused welfare system.

yeah, lets just allow people abuse our already overburdened, overfunded, overabused welfare system.

How can something be both overfunded and overburdened?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sniper69

LOL

Do posters on boards have 0 self awareness?

Universities are sooooo obsessed with Identity politics!!!

The troglodyte basement dweller says this without a hint of irony. Meanwhile all his 20,000k + posts on boards.ie are all about race. The most effective way, I think, to quell these arguments is to show these peoples faces. Once you see what kind of people arguing with you online every single day about something they supposedly dont care about, everything will make sense.

Those Identity Ireland types that showed up in that rally were some of the nastiest, genetic dead ends you'll ever see. No wonder they spend their entire days and nights arguing about some place they were too ugly or too stupid to be accepted into (University).

Now all they do is make up some detached-from-reality scenario where theres a conspiracy to oppress them because **INSERT 4CHAN POLITICS HERE**

Honestly, if we were in the real world, and not the safe space that is boards.ie You'd see how fast these ugly troglodytes would be humiliated.

• Advertisement

How can something be both overfunded and overburdened?

management heavy and inefficient administration structure and an abuse of payments and payments not distributed in the correct manor.

you have families with children struggling to put food on the table who need more and disability cheats with their sibling illegitimately registered as a carer drinking every cent they get,

Sniper69 wrote: »
    Honestly, if we were in the real world, and not the safe space that is boards.ie You'd see how fast these ugly troglodytes would be humiliated.

Actually... you wouldn't. Mob rule is the way of things now, so you tend to find those pushing SJW rubbish in groups. That way they have a chorus to support them when they shout you down and get abusive.

The fact is that we've seen how these people react to facts or statistics. They ignore them. Dismiss them as being unrepresentative. That there are heaps of unreported <insert claim> due to unfair treatment, and regardless of the laws, or social changes brought in to protect <insert perceived discriminated group>, there will always be a heap of unreported claims. Therefore, the problem is worse than we know, so we must support <insert group> in their moral high-ground initiative. Oh, and if you object in any way, then you're a fascist, a racist, a bigot, a sexist, a misogynist, etc.

The point is that these people have a support network to call upon. They've also got a crap ton of influence in society simply because people wont stand up to them, since most people would prefer to avoid this rubbish. It also helps that anyone who stands up to them, will be perceived as a bully because they're standing up to the oppressed.

It's a well developed system of abuse... and they can do it outside of boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Our dear friend here is a good recent example, albeit in Britain. Turned out, unsurprisingly, that she worked at a University.

Actually... you wouldn't. Mob rule is the way of things now, so you tend to find those pushing SJW rubbish in groups. That way they have a chorus to support them when they shout you down and get abusive.

The fact is that we've seen how these people react to facts or statistics. They ignore them. Dismiss them as being unrepresentative. That there are heaps of unreported <insert claim> due to unfair treatment, and regardless of the laws, or social changes brought in to protect <insert perceived discriminated group>, there will always be a heap of unreported claims. Therefore, the problem is worse than we know, so we must support <insert group> in their moral high-ground initiative. Oh, and if you object in any way, then you're a fascist, a racist, a bigot, a sexist, a misogynist, etc.

The point is that these people have a support network to call upon. They've also got a crap ton of influence in society simply because people wont stand up to them, since most people would prefer to avoid this rubbish. It also helps that anyone who stands up to them, will be perceived as a bully because they're standing up to the oppressed.

It's a well developed system of abuse... and they can do it outside of boards.

Suzanne Moore is an example of this in action:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-row-over-suzanne-moore-is-a-test-for-the-guardian-s-liberal-credentials

Hopefully the Guardian stand firm and don't sack her.

Suzanne Moore is an example of this in action:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-row-over-suzanne-moore-is-a-test-for-the-guardian-s-liberal-credentials

Hopefully the Guardian stand firm and don't sack her.

I think the Guardian are simply being eaten by the monster that they themselves encouraged to grow. I haven't found the Guardian to be a balanced newspaper in a decade or more.. Many articles are feminist pushing narratives targeting men for all the ills of the world... and this kind of behavior by staff representing trans rights simply points to the foundation that they've generated within themselves.

I've often found that the quickest group to take down a woman, is other women.. the same being with feminists. Or trans supporters. Or whatever advocate you want to name. The moment you cross their particular pov on what something is, then you're the enemy to be torn down. Especially when you've spent a decade or more supporting agendas that place more importance on feelings than facts.

This kind of thing is going to become more common... you can't police peoples behavior or thoughts without being policed by other newer discriminated groups. Unconscious or subconscious bias being the prime example of this. Opening pandoras box to get what you want, and then expecting others not to use the same tools...

So.. while I would support Moore for trying to write something balanced, being balanced is honestly not something I associate with the Guardian.. Nor most mainstream media TBH.

I think the Guardian are simply being eaten by the monster that they themselves encouraged to grow. I haven't found the Guardian to be a balanced newspaper in a decade or more.. Many articles are feminist pushing narratives targeting men for all the ills of the world... and this kind of behavior by staff representing trans rights simply points to the foundation that they've generated within themselves.

I agree. The Guardian is the main publication that pushed me away from the left.
    I've often found that the quickest group to take down a woman, is other women.. the same being with feminists. Or trans supporters. Or whatever advocate you want to name. The moment you cross their particular pov on what something is, then you're the enemy to be torn down. Especially when you've spent a decade or more supporting agendas that place more importance on feelings than facts.

She released the names on Twitter of those who signed the letter (which was supposed to be signed anonymously). Twas the likes of Owen Jones and co.
    This kind of thing is going to become more common... you can't police peoples behavior or thoughts without being policed by other newer discriminated groups. Unconscious or subconscious bias being the prime example of this. Opening pandoras box to get what you want, and then expecting others not to use the same tools...

So.. while I would support Moore for trying to write something balanced, being balanced is honestly not something I associate with the Guardian.. Nor most mainstream media TBH.

It's sports writing is still top notch though. So at least there is that!

I agree. The Guardian is the main publication that pushed me away from the left.

I've always considered myself to be a moderate... the left stopped being attractive when they embraced reverse ism.

Ahh well, I'm a nerd with absolutely no interest in sports. They used to be pretty good at world affairs, but even there, there's a series of agendas being driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

She released the names on Twitter of those who signed the letter (which was supposed to be signed anonymously). Twas the likes of Owen Jones and co.

I find the guardian quite good for anything that isn't to do with race or gender...or culture. Plus it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Sniper69 wrote: »
    LOL

Do posters on boards have 0 self awareness?

Universities are sooooo obsessed with Identity politics!!!

The troglodyte basement dweller says this without a hint of irony. Meanwhile all his 20,000k + posts on boards.ie are all about race. The most effective way, I think, to quell these arguments is to show these peoples faces. Once you see what kind of people arguing with you online every single day about something they supposedly dont care about, everything will make sense.

Those Identity Ireland types that showed up in that rally were some of the nastiest, genetic dead ends you'll ever see. No wonder they spend their entire days and nights arguing about some place they were too ugly or too stupid to be accepted into (University).

Now all they do is make up some detached-from-reality scenario where theres a conspiracy to oppress them because **INSERT 4CHAN POLITICS HERE**

I agree with some of their ideals on immigration the policies regarding EU citizen benefits and the abuse of the asylum system . Feel free to humiliate in that case .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CageWager wrote: »
    A cottage industry has grown up over the last few years of people “representing” immigrants/trans/travellers/women/disabled etc. (Who appointed them???) and they’ve been making a mint telling regular folks how we are racist and xenophobic and every other type of phobic you can think of. Professional finger waggers.

Im times of crisis, the nation gains a bit of necessary perspective and this kind of casual tarring of the entire population as racist is shown up for what it is - reverse racism.

This.

One hopes that once we're out of this crisis and counting the cost of how broke we are, the NGO sector will be looked at at quangos like the huge number of refugee councils and money pits like the NWCI will be disbanded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I find the guardian quite good for anything that isn't to do with race or gender...or culture. Plus it's free.

The actual news in The Guardian tends to be very well written and quite non-partisan.

The opinion pieces are largely complete drivel, and that's coming from a leftist.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

If Ireland is such a racist place, why are so many non Europeans desperate to move here? Doesn’t add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Melanie Phillips, who was a long time Guardian journalist and considered herself a 'lefty' at that time, presents a scathing attack on the current state of The Guardian which supports your opinion on that mess of a newspaper.

Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Odhinn

AllForIt wrote: »
    Melanie Phillips,..................4[/YOUTUBE]

..who, god love her, went off the rails many moons ago.

She opposed the introduction of civil partnerships for gay couples in the UK, and has said that what she calls "the traditional family [...] has been relentlessly attacked by an alliance of feminists, gay rights activists, divorce lawyers and cultural Marxists who grasped that this was the surest way to destroy Western society."[62] She has said that giving IVF fertility treatment to lesbians would "help destroy our understanding of human identity", and expressed her opinion that opposition to it represents "a fightback to save our civilisation".[62] She said the UK government was brainwashing children by including references to gay people in lessons about censuses and population movement.[63] Philips called it "an abuse of childhood", part of a "ruthless campaign by the gay rights lobby to destroy the very concept of normal sexual behaviour". She received the 'Bigot of the Year' award from gay equality organisation Stonewall in 2011.[64][65]

Melanie Phillips supported Andrew Wakefield, whose fraudulent work triggered controversy about the MMR vaccine and led to his being struck off the medical register. Through numerous articles in the Daily Mail and The Spectator, Phillips championed Wakefield's claims while casting doubt on their rebuttal by scientists, doctors, and politicians

Phillips expressed opposition to Irish independence, declaring on 7 March 2017 in her column in The Times, that the "most troublesome bits" of the UK are "showing signs of disuniting".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Phillips#Domestic_issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

keano_afc wrote: »
    This.

One hopes that once we're out of this crisis and counting the cost of how broke we are, the NGO sector will be looked at at quangos like the huge number of refugee councils and money pits like the NWCI will be disbanded.

nah you ll have the aformented groups and the likes of Pavee Point etc cribbing in the media for more money, saying the virus hit their groups the most and have skewed stats and be granted it

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Peruvian Flake

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    If Ireland is such a racist place, why are so many non Europeans desperate to move here? Doesn’t add up.

The shekels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The state of The Guardian newspaper now can be summed up in two words;

Owen Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    of course it doesn't add up...because its total bollox. we in the middle class west are the most tolerant, non discriminatory culture with the biggest horn for diversity that has ever existed. But we have a small but growing cohort of people who push the self flaggelating narrative that we are pathologically awful to all minorities and must dwell in a perpetual state of shame. Some make their living from this (NGOs, quangos, journalists, academics etc) and some, i suspect, actually get off on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

of course it doesn't add up...because its total bollox. we in the middle class west are the most tolerant, non discriminatory culture with the biggest horn for diversity that has ever existed.
    That aspect of Irish society has been taken advantage of in an extreme way, and continues to be exploited to this very day.

Look at the many thousands of middle-class Nigerians who came to Ireland over the last couple of decades under the asylum guise. Due to the amount of very expensive cases that ended up in the courts, the government believed it was cheaper in the long run to allow them to stay rather than fight them in the courts. Their multiple appeals was all paid for by the Irish tax payer, and of course you had RTE and the Irish Times on the side of the litigants, irrespective of the exposed lies and false applications.
    So now we have the strange situation of Nigerians having their official second homes in Ireland; once again the majority which are paid for by the Irish tax payer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

keano_afc wrote: »
    This.

Pfffftt*

Unlikely. Remember when FG promised a 'bonfire of the Quango's' after getting elected and the number of Quangos actually increased?
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/irish-news/408701/fine-gaels-failure-to-abolish-27-quangos-has-cost-e160million/
    They're still giving 160 million to 27 quangos that they promised to abolish FFS!

The gravy train riding insiders always look after themselves and politicians would axe your pension before taking money off the race husslers for fear of being labed racist by The Irish Times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement