Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Return of the King

• 18-03-2020 10:02pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

We put out a call, and it was answered. He knocked on the door and uttered those scary words

"I'm from Head Office, and I'm here to help"

Alas the Promised Land did not deliver what it said on the can, and he was deported before he got through immigration. Their loss is, um, our, um ....

Well I'm informed it's a positive move. While he's quarantined around here there is little damage he can do elsewhere

Please join me in welcoming a (very) old experienced pair of hands to help out on modding during this crisis (which is hereby extended for an extra month while we work on a strategy to fight this phenomena - the virus, not the mod)

Yes you've guessed it - DeVore is back with the ban hammer he was awarded on his prior removal retirement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So everyone else gets laid off, yet DeVore finds work?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭This is it

Good luck, you'll need it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Who?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

timhenn wrote: »
    Who?
    Wow!! That's brave

You will find out my boy, you will find out

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Who?
    He started the site with cloud. It was a bet about getting domain name. Quake forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,726 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

giphy.gif

Beasty wrote: »
    Wow!! That's brave

You will find out my boy, you will find out

:eek:

He started the site with cloud. It was a bet about getting domain name. Quake forum.

I'm sorry but am I meant to understand what you just posted?

I'm sorry but am I meant to understand what you just posted?

Pffffft....newb

Pffffft....newb

What language are you speaking? Hopefully this devour fella can explain all.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What language are you speaking? Hopefully this devour fella can explain all.
    His actions speak far more than any words (should he ever splutter some)

I would not recommend playing games with his name. In fact the less he is aware of your existence the better

You have been warned

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Who?

The hamsters call him God.

His actions speak far more than any words (should he ever splutter some)

I would not recommend playing games with his name. In fact the less he is aware of your existence the better

You have been warned

Coming soon

Gordon???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭NSAman

Marje wrote: »
    The hamsters call him God.

You say’n he has a tiny penis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Coming soon

Gordon???

w00t! ;)

Oddly enough, I've got a big grin. This should be fun! Welcome Back. :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,344 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Coming soon

Gordon???

Sorry, there's a limit of one returning Messiah per pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

We put out a call, and it was answered. He knocked on the door and uttered those scary words

Alas the Promised Land did not deliver what it said on the can, and he was deported before he got through immigration. Their loss is, um, our, um ....

Well I'm informed it's a positive move. While he's quarantined around here there is little damage he can do elsewhere

Please join me in welcoming a (very) old experienced pair of hands to help out on modding during this crisis (which is hereby extended for an extra month while we work on a strategy to fight this phenomena - the virus, not the mod)

Yes you've guessed it - DeVore is back with the ban hammer he was awarded on his prior removal retirement
    Hey there, welcome back DeVore.

I've been a wild lurker for many a year...ah but the name, the name and it all comes back, 'tis good to see you young lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The end times are indeed upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

The end times are indeed upon us.

Only waiting on the other 3 horsemen now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

not scared!

Welcome DeVore.

not scared!
    Cabin Fever getting to you?

not scared!

Welcome DeVore.

That's exactly what he wants you to think! You're being lured into a false sense of security, his silence says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

d16f52ce0376cba50e220746ac315aac.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hehehe, I missed this place (actually I've never been away, just lurking. Sometimes you have to let your kids grow up, but you still peek from behind the curtains).

Anyway, yes... here to help. Have spent The last week pretty much non-stop reading trusted sources and white papers (cos, thats the way I deal with scary things).

I see a role for Boards in the coming weeks and months and its important to play that role well. Its important. There are very few moderated spaces online where the sort of rampant idiot trolls cant whip up fear in vulnerable people.

Unfortunately this isnt going to be over quickly so we've time to start to think things through and get them right.

I'm not back to admin or take over, I'm here to help the local mods and roll up sleeves and get stuck in.

Thanks for the welcome back, its good to be here even if the situation is bad. :)

DeVore wrote: »
    Hehehe, I missed this place (actually I've never been away, just lurking. Sometimes you have to let your kids grow up, but you still peek from behind the curtains).

Anyway, yes... here to help. Have spent The last week pretty much non-stop reading trusted sources and white papers (cos, thats the way I deal with scary things).

I see a role for Boards in the coming weeks and months and its important to play that role well. Its important. There are very few moderated spaces online where the sort of rampant idiot trolls cant whip up fear in vulnerable people.

Unfortunately this isnt going to be over quickly so we've time to start to think things through and get them right.

I'm not back to admin or take over, I'm here to help the local mods and roll up sleeves and get stuck in.

Thanks for the welcome back, its good to be here even if the situation is bad. :)

This is definitely needed, welcome back :)

This is definitely needed, welcome back :)
    You want us to ramp up fear in vulnerable people??

You want us to ramp up fear in vulnerable people??

Wouldnt do any harm, bloody whippersnappers could do with a bit of fear :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Welcome back Tom

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry, there's a limit of one returning Messiah per pandemic.

I’ve a nice piece of Halibut fit for Jehovah that I’m willing to offer up to our new/returning overlord.

I’ve a nice piece of Halibut fit for Jehovah that I’m willing to offer up to our new/returning overlord.

Fish?

FISH???

I've been prepping my 1st born for sacrifice and NOW you tell me that FISH is acceptable???

Fish?

FISH???

I've been prepping my 1st born for sacrifice and NOW you tell me that FISH is acceptable???

Risk of COVID 19 transfer with 1st born- you DO want his Jehovahness to remain well, DON’T you? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

How does one get such a job? I'm.out of work and would do amazing at it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Live footage of yesterday's dramatic events at boards.ie hq just released:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oh Mighty King reintroduced The Grand Spectacular Games

Bring Back THE THUNDERDOME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Who’s yer man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Who’s yer man?

Who, me?

Welcome back DeVore!