Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calories of Penne vs Fuesli Pasta

Options
  • 18-03-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭

I bought some penne pasta the weekend, 135cal for 100gram, i also bought some fuesli, 350cal for 100gram. Does this sound right? Seems a bit off to me?

Id like to clarify I wasn't panic buying :D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is one an uncooked and one a cooked weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

L1011 wrote: »

Ill have to take a closer look when I get home. I don't know off the top of my head. The Penne I presume would be the cooked weight if it was one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They're the same thing in different shapes. I'd expect the content, by weight, to be the same.

L1011 wrote: »

Yes you are right. I looked this morning and it says one serving is 254g which is 100g uncooked, which is 350ish calories. This means I am well over my calories the last couple of days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

etxp wrote: »
    Yes you are right. I looked this morning and it says one serving is 254g which is 100g uncooked, which is 350ish calories. This means I am well over my calories the last couple of days :(

Do you like baked potatoes. They give you much more volume per calorie compared to rice and pasta. They are more filling too

• Advertisement

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Do you like baked potatoes. They give you much more volume per calorie compared to rice and pasta. They are more filling too

Yea I do, I've started making chopped potatoes in the air fryer the last couple of days and they are yummy. Must try a baked pot, haven't had one in ages.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    they come out great in the airfryer, i steam mine first

I put them in raw, but might try them cooked first next time.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i find it quicker to part cook them in the steamer and finish of in the air fryer and nicer too, worth a try

Will do thank you.

Advertisement