Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail - what are my legal rights to safety?

Options
  • 17-03-2020 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, I am really stressed.

I am looking for advice. I tried calling citizen's advice; but they were too busy.

Long story short, in work we're frantic packing shelves with the virus panic. I cut up my fingers and knuckles pretty badly by constant, frantic packing of the shelves and while tearing open plastic and cardboard. I put on a pair of gloves as I was bleeding from the cuts (kind of a sturdy, vinyl glove). I sterilized my hands before putting the gloves on. I know the proper method of removing gloves hygienically. I was told to take them off, or said higher up would get the big boss after me. I was told that the HSE told them that we are not to wear gloves at all, apparently. But, it seems like they're just not wanting to scare off customers.

It can't be okay to bleed on stock. A plaster wouldn't and won't cover knuckles and interiors of fingers. I also must have a right to my bodily integrity and safety with the virus on the go.

Can anyone point me in direction of the correct laws to brush up on to know my rights? This is an extreme circumstance, with the virus raging and I am not sure if current laws, or what laws apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Nah

Nah

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No legal or medical advice is can be requested or offered on this site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement